2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. that is one heck of a glitch... Wish I hadn't traded my copy in a few weeks back...
I know it's like a extra 12ish bucks lol. Also finally was able to snag a copy of advance wars dual strike. Sold it as a kid and they never have it seems pretty rare. Now. I regret selling Splatoon a little bit. I'm sure the vaules are higher on that sometimes..

That's not a glitch. That's how their trade promos have always worked. Trade glitches are like once in a blue moon.
Except that receipt indicates God of War Origins Collection had a $12.50 base that day, which is odd considering we didn't have a stealth bump this past weekend and that value is quite high for a PS3 game.

Except that receipt indicates God of War Origins Collection had a $12.50 base that day, which is odd considering we didn't have a stealth bump this past weekend and that value is quite high for a PS3 game.
The posters says that base was $6. Wondering if he looked the following day instead on the day of? or there could have been a POS update issue?

Check Gamestop.com for that information and do a little bit of simple math.
I’m trying to make sure what i’d get and ur no help at all. I multiplied the trade in value by 1.6 since I ain’t elite pro. I’m tryin to make sure if I’ll be getting 27.2 or 29.92

I’m trying to make sure what i’d get and ur no help at all. I multiplied the trade in value by 1.6 since I ain’t elite pro. I’m tryin to make sure if I’ll be getting 27.2 or 29.92
Far cry 4 is only going to get you $6.40 with regular pro.

It's not hard to figure up the base price of $17.00 and add the 60% bonus you'll get for being a Pro Member. You'd get $27.20 total for Far Cry 5 on either platform currently.

Edit: I am assuming you meant Far Cry 5 and not 4 btw.

Please explain to me how a game with a $6 base value getting to $21.25 is "how trade promos have always worked."
Your post was quoting the promo #21612 so I was echoing the 70% boost being how it applies. The base value have always fluctuated as well. So that hasn't changed either. There was a mention of some overnight TIV changes. That's been the case with adjustments to promos in the past as well. So it still stands.

The posters says that base was $6. Wondering if he looked the following day instead on the day of? or there could have been a POS update issue?
yes the base was 6 at 8pm last night and went right after. All other trades were accurate.
Refering to that trade in receipt, one would presume they were referring to the same, the first one.
I unfortunately have to many games to play it. But it will be purchased again.

So any idea what happened here?
Some values rebounded. People mentioned that a bunch of games got nuked to $6 and then games like Fire Emblem rebounded to $20 base. The base values went through something funky over the last week for sure. It's not typical to tank them then bump back up so quickly. My guess is the analyst at Gamestop fell asleep on the wheel.

yes the base was 6 at 8pm last night and went right after. All other trades were accurate.
I unfortunately have to many games to play it. But it will be purchased again.
cool, platinum'ed the first one, waiting for the second one to drop. Like you, have too many in the backlog such that by the time I get to it, it's going to be sub $20.

It's not hard to figure up the base price of $17.00 and add the 60% bonus you'll get for being a Pro Member. You'd get $27.20 total for Far Cry 5 on either platform currently.

Edit: I am assuming you meant Far Cry 5 and not 4 btw.
Thanks and my bad my blind ass didn’t notice I typed 4 wow lol

Who got the deets on some good flips
I'm probably gonna do that God of war collection, jesus

Gonna hold on to my first party switch titles they dropped bad

Thanks to people trading in things because of the promo I was able to luck into a complete copy of Dokapon Kingdom. ( Really uncommon to find at gamestop )

If there's any older harder to find games you guys are keeping an eye out for, now is the time to search for them.

Hopefully other people get lucky.

Thanks to people trading in things because of the promo I was able to luck into a complete copy of Dokapon Kingdom. ( Really uncommon to find at gamestop )

If there's any older harder to find games you guys are keeping an eye out for, now is the time to search for them.

Hopefully other people get lucky.
I found a complete copy of Dokapon Journey at a pawn shop for $5 and was completely shocked at how much they are going for on eBay.

I found a complete copy of Dokapon Journey at a pawn shop for $5 and was completely shocked at how much they are going for on eBay.
It's a really good game, really weird combination of turn based RPG, and mario party.

I've played through it once in the past I'd say it's worth the experience, but it takes a long time and you need the same people to play with throughout story mode.

Edit: I was speaking about Kingdom however Journey is just about the same game with minor tweaks and different style of graphics.

To trade in now or to wait for stealth bump hmm.. a lot of people will probably be trading in far cry and ghost recon so I’ll trade those in now

SB probability for this weekend or next weekend?   Lately I can't keep straight if it's been starting on Thursday or Friday. 

SB probability for this weekend or next weekend? Lately I can't keep straight if it's been starting on Thursday or Friday.
Usually on Friday, but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get one until the weekend after next, as SBs have typically occurred the last weekend of a given month.

Usually on Friday, but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get one until the weekend after next, as SBs have typically occurred the last weekend of a given month.
Yea, the weekend of 7/28, after the 70% bump, makes more sense for them.

Yeah...just thought I remembered it happening in the middle of the month in either May or June...but I can't keep anything straight on the internet anymore.

Yeah...just thought I remembered it happening in the middle of the month in either May or June...but I can't keep anything straight on the internet anymore.
Your right. The last few bumps have not happened at the end of the month. They've either been the 2nd or 3rd weekend of the month. Can't remember which one.

Edit: Just went back to my emails and it looks like May was the only month where it was the last weekend of the month. Every other bump was either the 2nd or 3rd weekend of the month and January was the 1st weekend of the month.

When do you usually get those emails the day before or like hours before. I have never got these emails before I have been trying to figure it out for months now. I would hope that we get a bump this week or next because the 70% and the bump would be something awesome.

I love some of the guys at my store. Traded like $60 worth of stuff and grabbed a copy of NHL 2010 for 79 cents and a $50 eshop card for Octopath. The guy got a huge grin and said "You're being cheeky aren't you?" while pointing to the NHL game. I laughed and then he quickly said something like "I heard 2010 was a really good year, I'm not surprised you wan't to play it.

Feels nice being at a store that doesnt Jr. Detective for doing something like this. (Like the guy at my previous store refusing to sell me 2 perfectly legit discounted Kinects because he was sure I was doing something shady)

I went back through my emails and the last bump was on June 22 - 25. So they might do one again on July 20 - 23 (70% bonus trade in ends on July 22).

It's a really good game, really weird combination of turn based RPG, and mario party.

I've played through it once in the past I'd say it's worth the experience, but it takes a long time and you need the same people to play with throughout story mode.

Edit: I was speaking about Kingdom however Journey is just about the same game with minor tweaks and different style of graphics.
I found Journey to be way more disappointing then Kingdom.

Today I traded in 

DS Pokemon Platinum $34.00

DS Digimon World Dawn $22.10

DS Zelda Phantom Hourglass $18.70

PS3 NCAA Basketball 10 $25.50

PS4 Amazing Spider-Man 2 $23.80

PS4 Dragonball Xenoverse  $8.50

XBOX 360 Dragonball Raging Blast $15.30

XBOX 360 Dragonball Raging Blast 2 $18.70

The DS and 360 games were loose, so I feel those are great values. I bought God of War and put the rest on a gift card for later.

I love some of the guys at my store. Traded like $60 worth of stuff and grabbed a copy of NHL 2010 for 79 cents and a $50 eshop card for Octopath. The guy got a huge grin and said "You're being cheeky aren't you?" while pointing to the NHL game. I laughed and then he quickly said something like "I heard 2010 was a really good year, I'm not surprised you wan't to play it.

Feels nice being at a store that doesnt Jr. Detective for doing something like this. (Like the guy at my previous store refusing to sell me 2 perfectly legit discounted Kinects because he was sure I was doing something shady)
Yeah, same here. My local guy is very courteous, professional, and enthusiastic. Straight up asked him I needed something very cheap to activate the promo and said "I got you" and hands me Flash Focus: Vision Training DS for $0.99

We even partied and hunted in Monster Hunter World together. Doesn't rush you and gets really into talking about games. They should really promote the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back