2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Gamestop here has lists posted by system that have "games under $3.00" written on it so people don't have to ask about what games are the cheapest.

Do points go away if Pro membership lapses? I have enough for $15 in credit and my membership expires on Sunday. Yes, I could renew with that but I don't think it's really worth it.

Anyone else getting "unable to search" in the gamestop app when trying to look up trade values or search for a game?

I've been getting this for the past month or so, unsure what's going on with it.

I've tried re-installing, and cleaning it out a few times to no avail.

Anyone else getting "unable to search" in the gamestop app when trying to look up trade values or search for a game?

I've been getting this for the past month or so, unsure what's going on with it.

I've tried re-installing, and cleaning it out a few times to no avail.
Just tried it and it's working fine for me

Thanks for the replies. I don't really know if I'm cool with anyone at my Gamestop, I've only ever been there a couple of times. I guess I will try it out.

I'm not sure where to ask this..but I'm trying to get octopath wayfarer edition..and all GameStop's are sold out but I do have GCU. So I was looking to move my trade credit to best buy even if I lose a few bucks.. anyone?

So I went visited my local GS today and noticed they are no longer PRESTIGE status. How often does this happen, stores getting demoted? It's been about 6 months since I've stepped into this one actually.

Picked up Octopath Traveler this afternoon, and they almost refused to give me the pre-order bonus Card + Sticker Set. Apparently, they only received 4-5 sets agaisnt 10+ pre-orders, so they were saving the cards for the collector edition pre-orders. If the bonus matters to any of you, you might want to pick up your game ASAP.

I think Mario Kart 8 (SW) was bumped to @25 base.  That and Octopath are the only SW games worth @25base.  All the other usual suspects are @22 or less.

Only Gamestop would make their stores EARN having better merchandise and promotions.  and then advertise it. Its basically saying "most of our stores suck, except these couple"

I think Mario Kart 8 (SW) was bumped to @25 base. That and Octopath are the only SW games worth @25base. All the other usual suspects are @22 or less.
Mario kart was bumped a few days ago (Wednesday I think). I hope a few other switch games get bumped before the 70% bonus is over but I don’t know if it’s likely

Anyone ever had any luck getting a pre-order bonus through corporate customer service when a store runs out? I don't really want to get my store in trouble since it's the best one in the area, but they only had enough card & sticker sets to cover a third of their pre-orders.

Picked up Octopath Traveler this afternoon, and they almost refused to give me the pre-order bonus Card + Sticker Set. Apparently, they only received 4-5 sets agaisnt 10+ pre-orders, so they were saving the cards for the collector edition pre-orders. If the bonus matters to any of you, you might want to pick up your game ASAP.
Didn't know it had a pre-order bonus. Ordered my CE in March and there was never any bonus added to my order. Hm.

I used my b2g1 on 3 sets today...so b6g3. I tried to get it to work for a 4th set but the employee was being difficult saying I can only use it for 1 set.

I'm still debating on picking up Elex for $14.99, but reviews are pretty awful for it. Anyone play it that can give me a their opinion on the game?

A few people posted their impressions in the stickied thread. I posted a link to an article about the game's seemingly contradictory reception. To sum, it has some glaring bugs and you'll need to cheese the combat, but it's fantastic.

I'm sure someone here has already posted, but the pokemon vault guide is down to $10 at gamestop. It was never worth the absurd $130 they wanted for it, but it was well worth $50 imo. Really neat stuff. My store ordered me one without issue.

Edit: if I trade in a ps3 it needs a controller right? Just checking. I know ps4 and newer stuff does but it's not so specific for older. Grabbed a ps3 for $20 at a yardsale but no controller.

Anyone ever had any luck getting a pre-order bonus through corporate customer service when a store runs out? I don't really want to get my store in trouble since it's the best one in the area, but they only had enough card & sticker sets to cover a third of their pre-orders.
Pre-order bonuses are like any limited item, as the store may get just enough, more than needed, or not enough. It depends on the game, and how much the developer provides. Often stores may take bonuses for themselves, but there's no way to tell if that happened, unless staff tells you the 411. When I had a buddy who was a manager, he would give me any extra's past his preorders, but that happened very rarely. He would often take his own bonus item for a game he pre-ordered and give it to a customer if they didn't get enough in, as he was a stand up guy.

Corporate is more useless than store level, so even if you ever reach someone, they will tell you "while supplies last", and that's that. In the past, the best I have found, was to contact other local stores and see if they have extra's? That will also require those stores to answer honestly, and if they have extras of a hard to find item, it's doubtful they may give it out, but no harm in trying. I've had good success doing that in the past, but now since all the employees I had any relationship with are gone, I just don't even bother anymore, not worth the time and effort. GS really is shit, and that "Power to the players" is the biggest joke around. As they don't give a damn about the player, and it should be power to fuck ing over the player every chance we get.

For those who insist on continue to shop here, make friends with staff, and managers, as that's the only way to get even a basic level of proper service.

I'm sure someone here has already posted, but the pokemon vault guide is down to $10 at gamestop. It was never worth the absurd $130 they wanted for it, but it was well worth $50 imo. Really neat stuff. My store ordered me one without issue.
Edit: if I trade in a ps3 it needs a controller right? Just checking. I know ps4 and newer stuff does but it's not so specific for older. Grabbed a ps3 for $20 at a yardsale but no controller.
Thanks on the guide.i put a hold in on the last one anywhere around me (fingers crossed !)..half HR drive but I have trade credit so it's just a little bit of gas.

not sure but you have to have the cords for sure, might hurt the trade in value well worst comes they have you buy/trade one of their used controllers if they need a complete bundle, or you can just get a third party controller

I was shocked when I traded a copy of Mario Party 8 and Mario Kart for Wii, since I was picking up Bayonetta 2 used, I ended up getting a combined $50 in credit for just those two, after the 70% for pro elite trade values.  With other trades and credit I'd saved I also picked up Octopath Traveler.  Good day for me!  Wish this 70% was going just a little longer so I could find more good flips, but I'm happy with what I got. 

Glad to see so many people interested in Octopath Traveler. It looks really good. Sucks that I'm trying to keep my Switch on a future hackable version for the upcoming CFW so I can't play it (on 4.1.0). I should probably finish Xenoblade first anyways.
I advise just grabbing a second used system if you want to retain online play with one, they're actively banning hacked systems, and new units are apparently patched against the existing entry point

Out of curiosity has anyone noticed a shortage of PS4 Pros? I just want to my local gamestop to buy one and no one has one within 30 miles, no bestbuy within 250 miles, etc. What’s Sony up to?

Out of curiosity has anyone noticed a shortage of PS4 Pros? I just want to my local gamestop to buy one and no one has one within 30 miles, no bestbuy within 250 miles, etc. What’s Sony up to?
Maybe a lot of stores just sold out of stock due to the $50 off sale from e3 a month ago and they haven’t gotten restocks?

Anyone have experience buying psn cards online? The charge is not pending on my card but the order has shown up as verifying for almost the past 24 hours. Do they only process during business days?

Didn't know it had a pre-order bonus. Ordered my CE in March and there was never any bonus added to my order. Hm.
I think the preorder bonus was added in late April or early May. It was on the website product page as well until the day before release. It seems like a lot of stores didn’t get enough to cover their preorders. I was lucky and got the last set of cards they had.

Promo runs until 7/22 . You can always check current promos and their details at the bottom of this page https://www.gamestop.com/trade
Whether there will be a SB, no idea. They don't seem to be as consistent as they used to be. Maybe someone else can chime in
they have done monthly “bumps” but they haven’t been that good. Last month they actually dropped a lot Games ie nintendo while raising others

Thanks to whoever pointed out that dissidia was a good mover from gs to bb. Sadly won’t get a b2g1 coupon till tomorrow. The price of the game will probably rise by tomorrow so didn’t bother getting it and doing a return n rebuy the next day.

I tried to get a less than a dollar “3 in 1 accessory” for PS4 but no one knew what it even looked like. Just got a ps3 game for a buck instead

Thanks to whoever pointed out that dissidia was a good mover from gs to bb. Sadly won’t get a b2g1 coupon till tomorrow. The price of the game will probably rise by tomorrow so didn’t bother getting it and doing a return n rebuy the next day.

I tried to get a less than a dollar “3 in 1 accessory” for PS4 but no one knew what it even looked like. Just got a ps3 game for a buck instead
Price for the game should be good till Wednesday I believe. Also there are a few other credit movers such as monster energy motorcross for the switch.

The sad thing is that there are people who simply want to play these games but they can't because you guys are buying them to flip from store to the next, moving credit from one store, holding on to them for the chance they might increase in value instead of contributing to society and getting a job, etc. At least the unethical activity in this thread has died down lately, no doubt helped by the information I have screencaptured, archived, and saved in a file that is a few GBs and growing to GS corporate.

Use the promos and shop as intended and you won't have to worry about this stuff. But no, everyone would rather take advantage and then paly the victim when things don't go their way.

And if anyone knows the whereabouts of Dealseeker or Blackbeard, please contact me immediately or have them contact me. Me and Blackbeard will be making a truce soon and fighting against the corruption of these so-called "deals" sites and will be starting our own. He doesn't know it yet, but I will make him a cash offer he can't refuse. The same for Dealseeker, another legend who was banned.

The sad thing is that there are people who simply want to play these games but they can't because you guys are buying them to flip from store to the next, moving credit from one store, holding on to them for the chance they might increase in value instead of contributing to society and getting a job, etc. At least the unethical activity in this thread has died down lately, no doubt helped by the information I have screencaptured, archived, and saved in a file that is a few GBs and growing to GS corporate.

Use the promos and shop as intended and you won't have to worry about this stuff. But no, everyone would rather take advantage and then paly the victim when things don't go their way.
And if anyone knows the whereabouts of Dealseeker or Blackbeard, please contact me immediately or have them contact me. Me and Blackbeard will be making a truce soon and fighting against the corruption of these so-called "deals" sites and will be starting our own. He doesn't know it yet, but I will make him a cash offer he can't refuse. The same for Dealseeker, another legend who was banned.
https://youtu.be/SjHUb7NSrNk

Can your account get into trouble if you let your friend from across the country use your power up phone number so they get the elite price on a used game? I’ve done a similar thing my Best Buy and it was no biggie..

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back