2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to reiterate that if you have last Gen stuff, you should definitely dump it now. Especially PS3 and 360. I don't think we're gonna see many bumps for those two consoles in particular in the coming months. Some of the Wii games are crazy high too. WiiU games seem to be at an all time low sadly.

I'd like to reiterate that if you have last Gen stuff, you should definitely dump it now. Especially PS3 and 360. I don't think we're gonna see many bumps for those two consoles in particular in the coming months. Some of the Wii games are crazy high too. WiiU games seem to be at an all time low sadly.
Definitely true on the Wii games. I picked up this Wii bundle off of Facebook a couple days ago for $35 and four games alone got me almost $100 in credit.

IMG_20180717_194925.png

Yeah I don’t even have a ps3 anymore but have some games sitting in my room. They’re giving almost $30 for msg legacy collection if you’re elite pro and almost $20 for resistance collection

Yeah I don’t even have a ps3 anymore but have some games sitting in my room. They’re giving almost $30 for msg legacy collection if you’re elite pro and almost $20 for resistance collection
I strongly advise ebay if you have resistance collection most especially if still sealed

Does GS require Wiimotes include the wrist strap?  I've got a couple of pre-Motion Plus Wiimotes in good shape, but sans strap. 

Does GS require Wiimotes include the wrist strap? I've got a couple of pre-Motion Plus Wiimotes in good shape, but sans strap.
I traded in 3 today without them. Thank you to whoever it was that mentioned wii accessory values. Yet another inspiration story about buying cheap on Craigslist and trading in for more than I paid.

WiiU games seem to be at an all time low sadly.
This. Have 14 games, 3/4 of which are "big" titles, and even those have pathetic TIV's.

damn i have a ton of wii accessories but I don't know how much Gamestop credit I really want. I'm at $200. I guess I could get enough to buy an PS4 Pro or something and resell it to get my cash out.

Any suggestions for getting cash out of GS credit, without losing too much?

damn i have a ton of wii accessories but I don't know how much Gamestop credit I really want. I'm at $200. I guess I could get enough to buy an PS4 Pro or something and resell it to get my cash out.

Broadly speaking: mint condition collectibles and complete in box highly acclaimed games.

If you’re PUR Pro, buying first party switch games will almost always net you the full amount back. Also the NES classics will fetch the majority of their money back. I bought one with credit and resold it for $50 locally within about an hour of posting on Facebook.

Ah, now I know why I try to avoid craigslist, facebook, etc.; buyer was triple texting me, being generally annoying, and asking that I pretty much deliver it.

I would say switch games... but even those I've had some trouble moving recently. Consoles are pretty hard to sell at cost, and I don't think it's worth it since most people lowball big time and I wouldn't be surprised if you got flooded with $150-$250 offers for a brand new PS4 Pro.

I would say switch games... but even those I've had some trouble moving recently. Consoles are pretty hard to sell at cost, and I don't think it's worth it since most people lowball big time and I wouldn't be surprised if you got flooded with $150-$250 offers for a brand new PS4 Pro.
I was selling a pro a couple months ago and I was regularly getting offers for like $200, and requests to trade for knives and hand guns. -_-

Ah, now I know why I try to avoid craigslist, facebook, etc.; buyer was triple texting me, being generally annoying, and asking that I pretty much deliver it.

I only suggested the console so I could get it over with in one fell swoop. But yeah, the lowballers kill me. Especially when I just listed something 5 minutes ago. If you want to lowball, at least wait until its sat there for a couple days.

Hey, do you guys know if the 70% extra trade-in bonus thing works *only* towards pre-owned games, or if I can cheese it by grabbing a super cheap pre-owned DS game and use the rest of the trade-in value for whatever?

Did you have a really good guess or was it known that this is coming up? Website says cash same as credit 7/23 to 8/12.
Was the last cash = credit promo applying to accessories also? If so, it'd be good to wait until next week's promotion. I'm in CA so I'm looking at 70% potentially for spare controllers.

If you’re PUR Pro, buying first party switch games will almost always net you the full amount back. Also the NES classics will fetch the majority of their money back. I bought one with credit and resold it for $50 locally within about an hour of posting on Facebook.
I buy a lot of retro games when they’re on sale and sell them on eBay when I’m looking to lower my GS credit total.

Trying to redeem power up rewards points for Xbox currency, but it tells me to enter an email code to verify the device/browser, but the code never comes. Anybody have any idea here? This is my first using points outside the app.

Got my double points today from the coupon, used it Tuesday afternoon.

Has anyone used 30K points on the Elite Pro Membership in the Rewards Center? Do I still need to go in store to get it activated? 

Trying to redeem power up rewards points for Xbox currency, but it tells me to enter an email code to verify the device/browser, but the code never comes. Anybody have any idea here? This is my first using points outside the app.
I received the code in my email for the verification.

Got my double points today from the coupon, used it Tuesday afternoon.

Has anyone used 30K points on the Elite Pro Membership in the Rewards Center? Do I still need to go in store to get it activated?
Yes you need to go in to activate it. I showed them the coupon on my phone and they gave me a new PUR Elite card (upgrading from PUR Pro).

While I'm waiting for a bump, some values like NBA 2k took a dump...I'm gonna feel real silly if there's no bump tomorrow.

I just got back from GS and i tried to use my b2g1 coupon that came w/ my elite. I only worked on one set... i guess GS changed it.

Is there a way to see a list of Gamestop trade-in values? I see I can buy a list for $5 from pricecharting, so it must be feasible.

Is there a way to see a list of Gamestop trade-in values? I see I can buy a list for $5 from pricecharting, so it must be feasible.
$5??? I was going to offer this for free (aka ads and referral links) last year, but then I got a better job and a big backlog.

I assume people here still want it, but not sure what format to it present it in. My scrapers still work but I only run it during b2g1 and when bumps happen.

I actually used this to my advantage earlier tonight. Used copies of Hyrule Warriors for Wii U finally dropped to $9.99 before Power Up Reward discount. I traded in a Platinum Hits copy of Fight Night Round 3 for 360 that went to $6.40 after the bump. So after the Pro discount, I paid $2 and change for an $8.99 copy of Hyrule Warriors. It's actually been on my wish list of Wii U games that I wanted to play, so thanks for the advice.

$5??? I was going to offer this for free (aka ads and referral links) last year, but then I got a better job and a big backlog.
I assume people here still want it, but not sure what format to it present it in. My scrapers still work but I only run it during b2g1 and when bumps happen.
You guys have no idea the shitstorm you are opening. Lo gather round to hear the tale of a valiant hero with the darkest of beards and the evils the beat him down and cast him from CAG.

Lo the one we needed but did not deserve.

not new to the game,  went to trade ps4, guy told me " because rubber thumbpads werent original, $40 defective fee?", Ive had issues trading controllers before, so I always put on those rubber replacement caps, its ymmv, but most of the time no problem, and then if jd makes a fuss its only a few dollars refurb fee so I dont sweat it, 40 bucks seems exorbitant.

Went in and preordered spiderman ps4 pro. Then the chick tries to sell me like 4 other preorders for pops and games...like I get it but im already buying the car you don't need to sell me two

Saw someone trading in an external HDD yesterday and I don't think the employee checked to see if it's working. Is it normal for them not to check? Cuz if so, I have one that doesn't always work very well.

Saw someone trading in an external HDD yesterday and I don't think the employee checked to see if it's working. Is it normal for them not to check? Cuz if so, I have one that doesn't always work very well.
They probably don't check them at all. Maybe plug it in to see if it powers, but they aren't going to open a random hdd and expose themselves to viruses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back