2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a way to "upgrade" my account from pro to elite? I'm only a month in on my sub.
Yep - I was in this exact same situation a couple of months ago when a nice saleslady upsold me on the Elite program existing which I didn't know of at the time because I was just getting back into console gaming. Surprised the guy that sold me the regular membership the month before didn't even mention it.

It'll be pro-rated too, which isn't much after a month, but is nice to know.

No bump for my games. I wonder if they would do one the first week of cash same as credit? I also feel like a few months ago the bump randomly started on Saturday?

Does the 70% trade in promo also work on consoles/accessories? Have a Wii that I would like to get rid of!
You may want to look at the total trade-in value for the accessories alone such as sensor bar, remote, nunchuks, ac adapter, etc. You may end up with a lot more TC than trading in the complete system.

Thinking about trading my OG PS4 500 GB towards that Spider Pro. I've got a Pro already, but dammit I want that Spider-Man system real bad!

Thinking about trading my OG PS4 500 GB towards that Spider Pro. I've got a Pro already, but dammit I want that Spider-Man system real bad!
Pre-order it with trade credit you already have, and wait to see if they do a $80 bonus credit for trading a system towards the console like they did for the God of War PS4 Pro.

Are any types of documents not allowed here or something? I have a list of values of games and the trade values, dont know how that can be considered bad or unethical

Does anyone’s app show a higher “Regular Value” (the bottom number) than the “Trade Credit Value”? I was checking far cry 5 ps4 and it says $20.40 trade, $22.00 regular value. Same for the cash part, the bigger number is less. I’m elite pro so i’m just confused why it’s less

Ok then, does anybody have final trade in values for some games they have traded in recently at the 50,60 and 70% bonus for pro and elite members? I want to confirm the values they are showing in store before i finish my sheet

There is nothing wrong with it. Some people get their panties in a wad with conspiracy theories.

BR1CK, That is because the TIV changed from when you had it saved. The app you have to sometimes delete and re-add.

Ok then, does anybody have final trade in values for some games they have traded in recently at the 50,60 and 70% bonus for pro and elite members? I want to confirm the values they are showing in store before i finish my sheet
What exactly are you trying to do? You should just be able to take the base of whatever games you’re tracking and multiply in the bonus.

For example, mario kart deluxe shows as $30 for elite members, $27.50 for pro and $25 for regular. So for elite members they can either give you $30 elite price +70% of elite price, $30 elite price + 70% of regular price, or $25 regular price + 70% regular price, which makes the $30 elite price irrelevant. Just wondering which one of these are the actual trade in values.

For example, mario kart deluxe shows as $30 for elite members, $27.50 for pro and $25 for regular. So for elite members they can either give you $30 elite price +70% of elite price, $30 elite price + 70% of regular price, or $25 regular price + 70% regular price, which makes the $30 elite price irrelevant. Just wondering which one of these are the actual trade in values.
Always go by base TIV, which is $25.

Base - $25
Pro - $25 base + 10%
Elite - $25 base + 20%

With the 70% promo:
Base - $25 + 50%
Pro - $25 + 60% (10% Pro + 50% promo)
Elite - $25 + 70% (20% Elite + 50% promo)

Always start with the "regular" value, also called the base value. You would get $25 + 70% of $25 ($17.50) = $42.50 total for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. The 70% includes the 20% bonus from being an Elite member, which is where the $30 value originates ($25 + $5, 20% of $25).

A lot of the more common ds/Wii Games seems to have gone up since last week. Nothing worthwhile without the b2g1 coupon that works on multiple sets. Apparently that’s dead now too so RIP.

I created this sheet for the top trade in values for games when i am out looking for games and i dont know if it will be worth buying to flip for higher gamestop credit value. 

You can sort by system on the tabs on the bottom, since the older generations are usually cheaper and on sale i stopped collecting data once the value got to around $6. For new generation i usually stopped at $14 since most new gen prices are pretty high at second hand shops. You can also sort by a-z or price with the filter.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iyP5nXm6LXF5ZlM7tIcLDppIZnrrmy5u8QD2nttnJQs/edit?usp=sharing

Please let me know if you have any suggestions to improve this. Thanks

Be careful with that sheet. Many problems in the past with sheets and sharing trade values (and yes, we know it's just organized public information). Thanks for the sheets though.

I just picked up octopath traveler used. The receipt has a code on it for $5 bonus tase toward any one game. I don’t know if it was automatic or if they rang it up but it shows a sku if “164011 913/00 Universal 0.00”

I created this sheet for the top trade in values for games when i am out looking for games and i dont know if it will be worth buying to flip for higher gamestop credit value.

You can sort by system on the tabs on the bottom, since the older generations are usually cheaper and on sale i stopped collecting data once the value got to around $6. For new generation i usually stopped at $14 since most new gen prices are pretty high at second hand shops. You can also sort by a-z or price with the filter.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iyP5nXm6LXF5ZlM7tIcLDppIZnrrmy5u8QD2nttnJQs/edit?usp=sharing

Please let me know if you have any suggestions to improve this. Thanks
Awesome job, thank you, sincerely. What is sheet11? and what is the sorting on the rare games sheet? It's not ABC and its not by value, lol.

ALso, being new here, can someone explain the history of why this is controversial?

Awesome job, thank you, sincerely. What is sheet11? and what is the sorting on the rare games sheet? It's not ABC and its not by value, lol.

ALso, being new here, can someone explain the history of why this is controversial?
This is just my personal list of games im trading in lol,

looks like great work, Im gonna have to poke around, just fyi, on those rare games, esp the older ones, I will pay you cash money more than some of those trade values listed, so please keep that in mind ;-)
The rare games sheet was made in 2014 so i probably need to add a lot and update the values on these lol

Pre-order it with trade credit you already have, and wait to see if they do a $80 bonus credit for trading a system towards the console like they did for the God of War PS4 Pro.
Do you remember how much a Pro traded in during that God War Promo? I got the GOW Pro during that but cant remember. Right now looks like ebay is the best bet to sell my GOW Pro but a trade in might be less hassle.

LOL, yeah. ALiens vs Predator Extinction for XBOX is trading for $4 now, not $25. I got all excited for a minute.
Forgot the first sheet is based on ebay values from 2014. Im pretty sure none of these rare games you want to trade in to gamestop lol.

Im updating them now but noticed the value for ncaa basketball 2k3 on gamecube has skyrocketed from $60 to $150 in 4 years wow.

Do you remember how much a Pro traded in during that God War Promo? I got the GOW Pro during that but cant remember. Right now looks like ebay is the best bet to sell my GOW Pro but a trade in might be less hassle.
$280 with the promo for the Pro.

If they do this again and provided TIV stays the same as today, that's $300 w/ promo for the white Pro. Considering game is $60, that's $40 extra to upgrade, which is very tempting. This one, albeit less rare compared to MHW edition, will probably have better resale value than any others released thus far.

Im pretty sure it was $225 plus that $50 bonus back then cause i traded mine in anticipation for the spiderman ps4 pro console getting announced.

$280 with the promo for the Pro.

If they do this again and provided TIV stays the same as today, that's $300 w/ promo for the white Pro. Considering game is $60, that's $40 extra to upgrade, which is very tempting. This one, albeit less rare compared to MHW edition, will probably have better resale value than any others released thus far.
wish we could get some info on if this might happen, the console has caught my eye as well

On a related but less interesting note: the 10% off collectibles in-store coupon worked on multiple Totakus yesterday. I got the coupon with elite renewal nearly a month ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back