2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
The trade promos were better before Elite Pro was a thing. I remember we had 50% extra trade credit and 60% for trading in 6 games instead of how it is now. And those numbers did not take into account the regular pro bonus. I feel like values were just better before Elite pro but it may just be me.

I like that Gamestop ending elite (20% off overpriced used items with a big markup) is being put on equal terms as gcu and prime (20% off new games, with little to no markup).

Best Buy and Amazon’s program gave actual discounts. Gamestop’s just made things closer to what they should have been priced already. $18.99 used for a game $19.99 new. Rolleyes.jpg

Gamestop's Elite program was miles more worth it than Best Buy as long as you traded stuff in often, though.

Best Buy saved me money, but Gamestop made me legit sick bank

Don’t get me wrong, elite made certain exploits more exploitable, but overall things werent much different than before elite. There was a flipaggeddon or two before elite even existed.

I like that Gamestop ending elite (20% off overpriced used items with a big markup) is being put on equal terms as gcu and prime (20% off new games, with little to no markup).

Best Buy and Amazon’s program gave actual discounts. Gamestop’s just made things closer to what they should have been priced already. $18.99 used for a game $19.99 new. Rolleyes.jpg
yeah the point is that its more normal of a program than GCU but theyre still ditching it anyway

popular used games will now cost a sweet discounted 52 dollars from GS.

i wonder if this was all secretly a conspiracy done by target to get people buying games from there again.

The trade promos were better before Elite Pro was a thing. I remember we had 50% extra trade credit and 60% for trading in 6 games instead of how it is now. And those numbers did not take into account the regular pro bonus. I feel like values were just better before Elite pro but it may just be me.
There was a 70% bonus just last week, but the values were bad (except for some Mario DS/Wii titles, among others). The 70% bonus in March was the last great one as values were all up.

Had some shaaady shit happen when attempting to trade in tonight.

I was told when trading in some games that I would get $49 in cash. When they got to the final screen they told me I would only get $17 cash instead because of previous trade in history. Or I could get the full $49 in credit.

They really didn't want me to give me cash apparently. I'm going to a different store. I've never done a trade in for cash at that specific store before btw.

Hmm $30 for better prices on used games... But without the extra bonus for trade in?

This is really strange and confusing. Are they going to change the lowest price on all the used games back to the Pro price?

I waited a long time to even upgrade to Elite, I only did a few months ago because I was flipping some stuff from a local sale. As I was signing up for it though, I still felt like I was wasting money in the end. But I wanted to have “the best” membership. Having the Elite Pro price on used games really helped push me to get it. The thing is, I rarely trade in games or even buy used games anymore. I don’t know if it’s even worth it for me to renew for another year of Elite. If I had enough points, I probably would, but I only have 19,000. I think I might just save the money and stick with regular Pro.

BTW, they let me exchange the games I bought online for non fuck ‘ed up copies, no problem. I’ll admit that I’m picky when it comes to disc and case condition, but the guy helping me was even like “Yeah, these are pretty bad” So that was a surprisingly positive experience.

I was told a few minutes ago by GS worker that he wouldn't be doing anymore Elite signups after tonight, per the DL or DM or whatever they call it.  And he refused to add another year of Elite for me tonight.  I just renewed  Elite in his store yesterday due to the rumors, so I guess I should have just bought 2 or 3 years yesterday (?). 

Who knows how long extended Elite memberships will stick.  Will they refund people who are Elite beyond the end of the calendar year or the next fiscal year? They might not even know at this point..

Elite coupons have been removed from the Gamestop desktop website and also their in-store tablets.

If you need to renew, grab them off your phone and hope ...

I just renewed today thanks to the rumor posted here! I'm now good until  the end of 2019. Wondering if I should try for a second year, but I really can't see them letting you keep your membership that long after the program ends. I'm guessing they will end up  refunding the memberships at some point.

According to reddit, gamestop will only honor the elite membership through august 1st 2019.

Then it will revert to a pro membership.So it's a waste to renew beyond that, if what they say is true.

According to reddit, gamestop will only honor the elite membership through august 1st 2019.

Then it will revert to a pro membership.So it's a waste to renew beyond that, if what they say is true.
Yeah I saw one ASL post that, but you get so many conflicting stories over there. One of GS biggest problems I think is a lack of communication. Or maybe just like every company they have a few stupid employees who spout off when they have no clue what they are talking about.

Actually might as well renew. I'll get another B2G1 coupon, and then when they cancel the membership ina  year or whatever, they will most certainly give me my money back. So, free coupon.

Elite coupons have been removed from the Gamestop desktop website and also their in-store tablets.

If you need to renew, grab them off your phone and hope ...
thanks for the heads up. I grabbed one on mobile so hopefully it should be usable tomorrow.

Anyone else hear that Elite level is going away starting tomorrow?

I was told that a message was sent out to the staff to inform them that starting tomorrow you cannot sign up for or renew Elite. Anyone else hear this?
Thank you. You gave a bunch of us enough warning to renew.

Just went to renew before my store closes and one of the employee did know about the elite pro news. He told me it is so sudden and random. I was able to renew and decided to get the Mega Man Legacy Collection 1+2 for the PS4. Now I'm just wondering what to get with the b2g1. 

Anyone else hear that Elite level is going away starting tomorrow?

I was told that a message was sent out to the staff to inform them that starting tomorrow you cannot sign up for or renew Elite. Anyone else hear this?
Thanks for the heads up, btw. I sho' 'nuf did renew based on your "rumor."

I'm so glad I renewed this evening...I can't believe this program is ending so soon, it's disappointing. It feels like the gaming world is crumbling with first GCU being discontinued and now GS  :(

I'm so glad I renewed this evening...I can't believe this program is ending so soon, it's disappointing. It feels like the gaming world is crumbling with first GCU being discontinued and now GS :(.
Your name is bondgirl, you should be used to getting boned by rich old white men.

They would have to refund people though. It's 30 bucks a pop for those membership years. They can't just kill it and keep your money, and not everyone is going to want to be refunded in "points" or something like that. I'm not sure how they would plan to do that.

If they do keep it, then the real fun will be seeing if pre owned prices drop over time so that the Pro tier looks like a better deal, making the remaining elite memberships much more valuable.

Edit : Speaking of trade values, did they just do a bump? I see more top tier Switch games than I did before.
If the do force people out of Elite, I suspect they would just revert back to a regular Pro member and double the length of the membership. That would be the closest to a fair solution without hassling with refunds (although you would be missing out on some b2g1 coupons in that case). Just my guess/opinion though.

Walked into local GS today. Notice she ogre manager was working. Great... she ogre always manages to ruin my trip there by making up fake restrictions to trades or purchases and then justifies it by saying “oh I’ve been working here for close to 20 years I know what I’m talking about” even though fine print clearly states otherwise she just won’t accept it. This time I just wanted to trade in local pick ups for cash. Discs are literally in flawless condition. And I mean one game looked like it was legit brand new. Notice she applies refurb fee and says I’m going to have to apply the refurb fee on these because there is some crust on the middle circle. I laugh and say “of course. I’ll just take them back.” Thank I’m done with school and leaving town soon, I legit hate this location and all because of one manager. I constantly feel bad for her employees. Must suck working with the she ogre. Out of like 10-15 GS I’ve been to she ogre is the only person/ogre I’ve had to complain to corporate about and I’ve never complained about a employee in any setting before. The GS an hour away knows about her as well, I share my she ogre stories with them when I go visit. The dudes get a kick out of it. Man how I wish they were my local store instead of this one...

This may be overly optimistic, but...

Part of me wonders if the 2 tiered program was just too confusing for the average GS customer. Most of the time when I've been in my local store the guys would only try to sell the regular Pro memberships to other customers, and even then they often didn't seem to understand the benefits. Heck, I overheard a customer asking the old "can I play current gen games on a last gen system?" question just a week or two ago. The average joe off the street is NOT that bright...

So once the dust settles we MAY end up seeing a boost in benefits for the standard membership, or at least a rise in trade-in values to adjust for it. 

Even then they would still have to offer the option of refunds I would think. Customer can easily argue "I didn't buy 2 years of Pro, I bought 1 year of elite.". They can't sell you one thing and then swap it for something else and keep your money.
Depends on what the terms of service say. I don't feel like reading it over $30 LOL

Yeah I saw one ASL post that, but you get so many conflicting stories over there. One of GS biggest problems I think is a lack of communication. Or maybe just like every company they have a few stupid employees who spout off when they have no clue what they are talking about.
Occasionally you get an employee talking out of his behind, but really its poor communication from the top. They give conflicting information and ridiculous sales goals too. I feel sorry for most of the employees (I dont feel sorry for the few bad employees and managers I encounter). One guy likened it to being told to dance to a song while corporate shoots at his feet, only to change the song mid dance

Yea my Gamestop runs a facebook page they posted you have till close of business today to renew after today you cant get Elite anymore.

Really wish we had some kind of confirmation whether the August 1st 2019 cutoff limit is for real. I'm not sure I want to spend the extra money for additional years now and then have to deal with GSs horrid customer service when they inevitably screw it up. Annoying how there's barely any information about such a big policy change.

Really wish we had some kind of confirmation whether the August 1st 2019 cutoff limit is for real. I'm not sure I want to spend the extra money for additional years now and then have to deal with GSs horrid customer service when they inevitably screw it up. Annoying how there's barely any information about such a big policy change.
Yeah same here. I went and talked to a good friend that works/manages at GameStop and asked him about this. He just sighed real loud and said “No this is just a rumor. They value their Elite Pro way too much”. I’m good until 2019 but don’t know if I want to chance adding another year on a whim.

I'm adding a more few years...The risk of a relatively small expenditure/loss today of $60 or $90 today is far outweighed by the gain of 2-3 years of 10% bonus trade/used sales. I mean the used prices will obviously go down when Elite is gone, and I bet the trade promos will be a lot more enticing.

Yeah same here. I went and talked to a good friend that works/manages at GameStop and asked him about this. He just sighed real loud and said “No this is just a rumor. They value their Elite Pro way too much”. I’m good until 2019 but don’t know if I want to chance adding another year on a whim.
Your friend told you a lie

My friend who is the store leader told me that they want to keep it under raps

But he told me that it is official. Elite Pro is ending. Mostly Because it lost GameStop money

I’m in GA

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back