2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got soft-denied at a South Florida GS as well. Said they weren't sure but didn't think they were supposed to let us renew. I probably could have pushed the associate to go ahead and do it for me, but honestly I have it till Dec 2019 and I'm not even sure if I want it for longer than that. I'm guessing they will roll out some new program in the next year or two anyway.
It's still in the system, and allowable. The corporate email stated all the fun stuff for them to tell you, like 'Thank you' and 'Don't forget to renew under Pro', and 'It won't be offered from August 1st on', but it strangely doesn't state, 'No renewals before August 1st', that email came directly from the District Manager to their Store Managers. I didn't want to push it, as I really love my Home Store peeps, and would never want to jam them up. Still, it leaves a bad taste, how things were handled.

New email.

The PowerUp Rewards Elite Pro membership level is retiring as of 8/1/18. This means that your Elite Pro membership will not be available for renewal after your current membership period. In the meantime, you will retain your Elite Pro benefits through your membership period.

After your Elite Pro membership expires, we welcome you to renew as a PowerUp Rewards Pro in stores.

Pro memberships include the following program benefits:

· 20 points for every dollar spent
· 10% off pre-owned games and accessories
· 10% extra trade credit on games, accessories, and tech
· Buy 2 get 1 free pre-owned games welcome offer
· Exclusive Pro Day sales with over $4,000 in savings annually
· 12 issues of Game Informer magazine
· Exclusive offers

To access your account and membership date, please visit www.PowerUpRewards.com

Thank you for being among the Elite, and for continuing to be part of the PowerUp Rewards team.
On the plus side, this wording implies they will honor the Elite benefits for as long as you are signed up for it, and not "Aug 1, 2019" as was rumored.

So what happened to the rumor and innuendo about PS2 games for trade-in? Was that list a fake?
I heard the rumor from a GS employee, went to my local store, manager printed out a list of PS2 games now in their system, then I posted it on here. There are also posts in /r/gamestop about it as well. I would ask that someone else please go into their store and ask if they could print them out something similar just to have a verification please.

I would not chance using the app coupon to renew Elite since stores have been told not to renew memberships. I just called my store and they said it is not possible to renew.

It's still in the system, and allowable. The corporate email stated all the fun stuff for them to tell you, like 'Thank you' and 'Don't forget to renew under Pro', and 'It won't be offered from August 1st on', but it strangely doesn't state, 'No renewals before August 1st', that email came directly from the District Manager to their Store Managers. I didn't want to push it, as I really love my Home Store peeps, and would never want to jam them up. Still, it leaves a bad taste, how things were handled.
What location is your home store? I usually frequent the ones along University in Broward. I'm probably gonna try once more at a different location on my way home, but if it doesn't pan out I wont lose sleep over it

I’m in central Florida and renewed through the app without any issues. Didn’t say what I was doing and just had him scan my coupon and it went through.

On the plus side, this wording implies they will honor the Elite benefits for as long as you are signed up for it, and not "Aug 1, 2019" as was rumored.
Honestly I'd take that with a grain of salt. I doubt they took into account the people with 10 years of elite pro banked up.

I would not chance using the app coupon to renew Elite since stores have been told not to renew memberships. I just called my store and they said it is not possible to renew.
Sounds like it is very much possible to renew the membership today, but management is telling employees to not do it/promote it anymore. I am not even going to worry about it myself, mine is up in March and I'll see if they make any changes to Pro between now and then, but I don't think it's worth going in and adding as many years as you can.

Does anyone know if i renew elite pro for multiple years, will it give me multiple b2g1 coupons, or do I have to renew a year, use the coupon, renee a year, use coupon, rinse repeat?

Debating on whether to renew one more time. I'm currently good until Dec 2019. Like others have said, it's hard to tell whether they'll honor through 2020 or cut it off sooner.

Who wants to bet they’ll “honor” the 20% in/out but not let it stack with any other offers, having Elite will block out B2G1 and 50% extra and birthday and CSAC promos, all defaulting to just 20% off.

Just renewed to Nov 2020.

According to the store manager, they were told that GameStop employees are not allowed to renew Their Personal memberships, but there was nothing against renewing memberships for customers If they asked.

Thanks to the person who mentioned using the app to redeem points for Elite membership. I called 2 of my stores ahead of time. One said no and the other said yes. The manager told me that he was not even allowed to renew his Elite membership but he let me renew mine. Just did this an hour ago. I am good until Jan. 2020. ATX Sunset Valley

Huge props to my awesome store employees who not only renewed me today but even told me it was ending and suggested that I renew now before I could even ask about it.

Feel bad for people in like FL who are getting denied even though the system obviously allows it. I'm in MA by the way.

Also feel bad for all those sticker changes employees are gonna have to do tomorrow lol.

I think being elite in the next 2-3 years is going to be a big target on your back for a JD if you're into flipping at all. I already get the comment "wow you're elite pro?!" All the time from employees.

Huge props to my awesome store employees who not only renewed me today but even told me it was ending and suggested that I renew now before I could even ask about it.

Feel bad for people in like FL who are getting denied even though the system obviously allows it. I'm in MA by the way.

Also feel bad for all those sticker changes employees are gonna have to do tomorrow lol.
People are going to have to do their Math now because prices will not reflect Elite savings anymore online (unless added to cart) and in store.

I think being elite in the next 2-3 years is going to be a big target on your back for a JD if you're into flipping at all. I already get the comment "wow you're elite pro?!" All the time from employees.
JD? That seems really odd that the employees would say that too. I flip to my store and have never really had issues, but the manager that I liked had his last day a week ago and his replacement is a transfer from the local mall store. Unfortunately for me, the transfer manager is one of those guys that tries to do everything by the book, which is fine, but he goes about it like a complete douche. I doubt that guy is letting anyone renew Elite Pro memberships today too.

The turnover rate is so high at most locations that in 3 months chances are the employees will have never heard of Elite Plus

Just tell them it makes every day feel like gamestop is handing you a birthday coupon, and you couldn't let another 1095 birthdays go by without that glorious coupon. they'll be so confused by the logic they won't be bothered to ask again.

In all sincerity, didn't think about that, so now you have me concerned as well lol.

Ok. I just purchased new membership today. So if go back to the store, I can renew for multiple years? I thought for $30 it was for 2 yrs like best buy was.

The turnover rate is so high at most locations that in 3 months chances are the employees will have never heard of Elite Plus
In my area seems like the managers stick around forever. Game Advisors (or whatever they call part-timers now) are constantly changing though.

Ok. I just purchased new membership today. So if go back to the store, I can renew for multiple years? I thought for $30 it was for 2 yrs like best buy was.
Gamestop Pro and Elite Pro Memberships are annual 1-year memberships. GCU was an insane deal at $30 for 2 years, it's part of the reason we all love it so much.

JD? That seems really odd that the employees would say that too. I flip to my store and have never really had issues, but the manager that I liked had his last day a week ago and his replacement is a transfer from the local mall store. Unfortunately for me, the transfer manager is one of those guys that tries to do everything by the book, which is fine, but he goes about it like a complete douche. I doubt that guy is letting anyone renew Elite Pro memberships today too.
Take note of the employees that suck, and if they're the only one working when you walk in:

zGHQb4O.gif

Just renewed here in the Bay Area for 5 years, one of which was from the coupon, I am good till 2023... if they last that long!

That and when they see your trade card has $300+ on it.
The worst is when they announce to the whole store your massive point balance at the beginning of the transaction and then read your trade card balance off the receipt at the end.

Well, depends on what they define as the "current membership period." Is that the rolling year your membership is currently in? For instance, I renewed over the weekend to extend Elite to late August 2019. But my "current" elite membership period ends last August 2018. Will they honor the "next" rolling period? We'll see...doesn't sound like it. Sounds more like when the current period of membership ends, it's over.

What puts the target on your back the most for me has been saving tons of points and not using them. Gets me a comment every single time.
This is definitely a big one, I've started using my points on digital currency or used game discounts now instead of stashing the points because this gets a comment every time if you have more than 15k points.

Got elite pro until August 2018. Really debating whether I should try to renew. I don’t really wanna spend on it if Theres a chance they’d cancel it if I renew or somethin

Conspiracy theory: GameStop issued the emailed statement, knowing that it would drive traffic to its stores and get people to join/resubscribe for multiple years, allowing corporate to show inflated membership numbers to investors through the next quarter.

(obviously, GS would have gave more than a one day notice if this was actually true, but just play along with me)

Anyway, I stopped by my local store and renewed my Elite Pro through the end of next year. Took less than 1 minute from door in to door out.

My stores were only allowing 1 renewal at a time. Was able to renew once then drove down the street to a different location and renewed again. Employees mentioned they weren't allowed to renew today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back