2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone else had trouble submitting any kind of online orders today? I havent been able to today and yesterday. Tried different browsers and clearing cache. 

Also, I figured out how to spend my trade credit. They have a plethora of gift cards you can buy. Amazon, Ebay, Gas, and Visa are off limits he said, but Home Depot, Lowes, Uber, a bunch of restaurants, plus all the digital game stores. I'm not too worried about it now.

Decided to extend my elite pro. Didn’t really wanna pay out of pocket so just went for one year membership. Hopefully I don’t end up regretting renewing for more

Has anyone else had trouble submitting any kind of online orders today? I havent been able to today and yesterday. Tried different browsers and clearing cache.
I've had no issues with Microsoft Edge browser - did an order just fine on it yesterday. Firefox always gives me issues.

I haven't been able to place orders on any of my pcs, or even my phone/ipad through the browser on 4G.

For the last retro sale I ended up placing on an order via the ios app.

I wonder if a lot of people weren't able to place orders recently, which would explain why a lot of in demand retro stuff stayed in stock for so long.

Edit: for browsers I tried Safari on my mac. On PC I did firefox and chrome.

Similar to some of the others, I've noticed the whole site occasionally just runs like hot, soupy garbage on Firefox. I haven't had it crap out while ordering (yet, not that I do much), but if I'm doing anything more than checking my points/coupons I usually use Chrome.

I haven't been able to place orders on any of my pcs, or even my phone/ipad through the browser on 4G.

For the last retro sale I ended up placing on an order via the ios app.

I wonder if a lot of people weren't able to place orders recently, which would explain why a lot of in demand retro stuff stayed in stock for so long.
Yes im having the Same exact issue. I wasnt able to place on my Mac or pc using multiple browsers. And when i try my ios app it works.

Has anyone else had this issues prior to this? And how was it rectified?

I havent been able to view my past orders since Saturday. I get an error code on my computer and my phone

Edit: Cookie clearing worked

If I ordered something with 2 day shipping last friday...how is delivery this Thursday 2 days...

Extended my Elite 1 year. March 2020. Hopefully I won’t be broke by then lol.

Also preordered that Spider-Man PS4 Pro. Looks dope.

Was told that they may start charging you for not having a case for game trade-ins. Not sure if I believe but sounds very GS
I’d love to see them try. Demand a refund for every game they’ve ever sold me without a case with no discount, and every open box item sold as new.

My local was letting everyone know about Elite being canceled and encouraging them to renew, lol.  They themselves even renewed for another year he said.  I went ahead and renewed up to July of 2021, so we'll see how it goes long term.

I didn't know about this until I checked my email about an hour ago. Nice of them to give us one day's notice.

I’d love to see them try. Demand a refund for every game they’ve ever sold me without a case with no discount, and every open box item sold as new.
Damn mother fuck in' straight.

They can guarantee anything you want.

But, the email from GameStop does say, "In the meantime, you will retain your Elite Pro membership through your membership period."

Just realized the email also says, "AFTER your Elite Pro membership expires, we welcome you to renew as a PowerUp Rewards Pro in stores." So no more B2G1 coupons until Elite runs out. GameStop is learning...

Really cool employee asked if I wanted to renew my elite pro since today was the last day to do so. It was done with no problem. He even let me renew my brothers account when I asked. Awesome, thanks for the heads up CAG !!

I am not seeing this anywhere posted so I need to fill you in was told I should renew from a district manager while I was in today (no idea why he was there or why he said that this was before I knew this was going on) they said the catch is that it will end exactly one year from today not a year from the original expiration date, now I felt like something weird was up. (membership was ending in October anyway)

Still felt this was in my favor because he actually reminded me to do it, so I did it and I asked if I could extend it out any further he said that I could no problem but he had information stating that anything past 2019 would convert to a regular pro membership and I would get refunded back the difference in a check in the mail because the elite pro program won't be honored past the end of next year, this is news to me so if this is accurate those that did it past 1 year from today might wanna expect some checks in the mail.

Im good till August 2019 so I am fine with that

he had information stating that anything past 2019 would get refunded back in a check in the mail because the program won't be honored past the end of next year
If this is true then I wish I spent all my points on this. Converting points to check with a free b2g1 coupon would be awesome. Though I don't trust GS to do it cleanly.

Good through November ‘19 if so. Thanks to “OP” who broke the news. Once they killed cyber Monday we all should’ve been renewing with points, this week hammered that home.

I am not seeing this anywhere posted so I need to fill you in was told I should renew from a district manager while I was in today (no idea why he was there or why he said that this was before I knew this was going on) they said the catch is that it will end exactly one year from today not a year from the original expiration date, now I felt like something weird was up. (membership was ending in October anyway)

Still felt this was in my favor because he actually reminded me to do it, so I did it and I asked if I could extend it out any further he said that I could no problem but he had information stating that anything past 2019 would convert to a regular pro membership and I would get refunded back the difference in a check in the mail because the elite pro program won't be honored past the end of next year, this is news to me so if this is accurate those that did it past 1 year from today might wanna expect some checks in the mail.

Im good till August 2019 so I am fine with that
If true, this will be the easiest $$$ I've converted from trade credit to cash ever!

i'm still seeing it too. unfortunately, only 1 b2g1 coupon appeared in my app despite renewing multiple times :/
I just looked at my "active offers" and all my B2G1 are gone (had 2 yesterday). I hope its a bug and they didn't take them away when removing the Elite Pro from the site.

Does anybody know what happens with money put toward a pre-order if I just don't go get it? I put like $10 down on a game, but have changed my mind on getting it. Will that money automatically just get put on my account or do I need to go in and actively cancel the pre-order?

My concern is the trade values for Elite going away... The discount is great but I feel like the trade value increase is more beneficial to me.

Damn I didnt get any email and just saw this today. Wont be able to get to GS until after work. Are they still selling elite memberships in store today? Or are they officially discontinued?

Does anybody know what happens with money put toward a pre-order if I just don't go get it? I put like $10 down on a game, but have changed my mind on getting it. Will that money automatically just get put on my account or do I need to go in and actively cancel the pre-order?
It will stay on whatever you have pre-ordered until you actively go into the store and cancel or transfer the money to another pre-order. It will also sit in an account owned by Gamestop collecting interest, which is a big reason Gamestop loves putting pre-orders for games up as early as possible to maximize that interest. You'd also be surprised at how many people never pick up games that they have pre-ordered and the credit just sits forever.

When I worked for Gamestop I used to see games that had been out for several years still have pre-orders. I'd try to call the customers at my store to let them know they could use the credit towards a new pre-order, but they rarely answered or seemed to care about it, so much time had passed and they typically only had $5 on these games.

It will stay on whatever you have pre-ordered until you actively go into the store and cancel or transfer the money to another pre-order. It will also sit in an account owned by Gamestop collecting interest, which is a big reason Gamestop loves putting pre-orders for games up as early as possible to maximize that interest. You'd also be surprised at how many people never pick up games that they have pre-ordered and the credit just sits forever.

When I worked for Gamestop I used to see games that had been out for several years still have pre-orders. I'd try to call the customers at my store to let them know they could use the credit towards a new pre-order, but they rarely answered or seemed to care about it, so much time had passed and they typically only had $5 on these games.
I actually tried to get my $5 back for a year old preorder once and the clerk told me it was "locked" and he couldn't do it. Not sure if he was lying or not, but I didn't want to press it, as I had used that preorder for a trade boost. So maybe if you trade in toward a preorder for a boost, they keep it on hold until you actually pay off the game?

I just looked at my "active offers" and all my B2G1 are gone (had 2 yesterday). I hope its a bug and they didn't take them away when removing the Elite Pro from the site.
Mine went away as well. I told the SL that I had not used it.....I felt that he was torn between Customer Service and following policy. He said he would call some CS number. The CS guy advised that I had not used it but that the coupon was on a server that was on UTC time and it had already switched over to the next day. Sounded good, but, my Collectible Coupon was still active and showing so made no sense why one would be there and not the other. I then stated that I knew Elite Pro was being taken away and figured my 2:1 coupon was rolled up into that. He quickly said no, but, then he did give me the 1 game for free.

Anyway, CS can confirm that you did/did not use the coupon and they have the ability, in store, to honor it

I actually tried to get my $5 back for a year old preorder once and the clerk told me it was "locked" and he couldn't do it. Not sure if he was lying or not, but I didn't want to press it, as I had used that preorder for a trade boost. So maybe if you trade in toward a preorder for a boost, they keep it on hold until you actually pay off the game?
Nope, the employee didn't want you to cancel a pre-order on him and was making things up to prevent it so his numbers didn't take a hit.

My B2G1 coupon from my Monday renewal is showing up fine.

Also, for the idea they would charge you for trade-ins with no case, yes that would be stupid. But if you look at it another way, where they pay you MORE if you do have the original art and case, then that would be awesome.  I'm not sure why GS feels the case and art have no value at all. It certainly works in your favor when you don't have that stuff, but it would be nice to get credit when you do. And it would make me more likely to buy used games if they were complete.

Maybe they should just offer an extra 10% (up to $1 or something) if you trade in with cases...
I'd still keep the cases for most games, especially 3DS. I did trade in my Ys VIII for PS4 since I picked it up on Switch and I did trade the case and cover art, but I did take the art book and soundtrack out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back