2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just found out that my local GameStop is one of those select stores that don’t do same cash as credit (I forgot what they called it) and automatically give you 50% extra trade credit instead (plus the 20 for being elite)!

Goodbye God of War and Detroit Become Human.

Just found out that my local GameStop is one of those select stores that don’t do same cash as credit (I forgot what they called it) and automatically give you 50% extra trade credit instead (plus the 20 for being elite)!

Goodbye God of War and Detroit Become Human.
What state?

Anyone who cashed out GS credit by selling gift cards to mall kiosks or websites, do you know which cards give the highest percentage (lowest fee). Cardpool for instance says “60% to up to 92%” but doesn’t say which ones get the most. I imagine Home Depot/Lowe’s and iTunes would be near the top, of the ones you can still buy with GS trade credit. GameStop itself would be closer to the 60.

Anyone who cashed out GS credit by selling gift cards to mall kiosks or websites, do you know which cards give the highest percentage (lowest fee). Cardpool for instance says “60% to up to 92%” but doesn’t say which ones get the most. I imagine Home Depot/Lowe’s and iTunes would be near the top, of the ones you can still buy with GS trade credit. GameStop itself would be closer to the 60.
I don't sell on websites, but when I cash out to get eshop/PSN/Xbox and sell on here for 80-90%. Takes a little longer but worth it.

I've seen a lot of people discussing stores charging a refurbished fee or agreeing with that policy. Is this something that gamestop plans to roll out or is this just a store by store basis? A buddy of mine has had this incident occur to him twice and other local stores suggested calling the dm and complaining about them. Another associate even called it a dick move on that store, which I agree with.

I legit traded in like 25-30 games and a 360 Controller and all were given a refurb fee. Even an Xbox one game and that game was in awesome condition. Kinda bs. But then kinda not as all the 360 games where hella jacked up as I picked them all up in a lot for $80 off some local whose kids just threw the games on the floor and shit like that. Ended up getting $112 and kept the system and he Games they didn’t take. I’m just mad about the xbone and Controller as they were in good condition but still got it.

I've seen a lot of people discussing stores charging a refurbished fee or agreeing with that policy. Is this something that gamestop plans to roll out or is this just a store by store basis? A buddy of mine has had this incident occur to him twice and other local stores suggested calling the dm and complaining about them. Another associate even called it a dick move on that store, which I agree with.

I legit traded in like 25-30 games and a 360 Controller and all were given a refurb fee. Even an Xbox one game and that game was in awesome condition. Kinda bs. But then kinda not as all the 360 games where hella jacked up as I picked them all up in a lot for $80 off some local whose kids just threw the games on the floor and shit like that. Ended up getting $112 and kept the system and he Games they didn’t take. I’m just mad about the xbone and Controller as they were in good condition but still got it.

Sales associates are human. If they are the in mental headspace of "these are all going to be refurbs" that is what they will do. Separate games and accessories into different transactions. Trade all your pristine games together, and then trade all your jacked games somewhere else.

Relatively speaking, some slightly scratched games in a group of mostly pristine games will get refurbed, but those same games in a stack of really messed up games may get a pass.

A peculiar thing...After I traded in tons of games (no doubles) I found myself kicked out of my account today. When I tried to log back in, it wouldn't let me do so.  Anyone ever had this happen? Is this a telltale sign of a ban? 

Do you mean on the website or the app? If it's the website, try using different browsers or clearing your cache. If it's the app, try again later because the app is shitty. Trade ban doesn't mean an account ban.

Kicked out of both website and app. And the website doesn't seem to be loading now, so maybe it has nothing do with me specifically...

On the "get a guaranteed $20 on a trade in towards a purchase or pre-order", can I just add to a pre-order I already have to get the bonus? 

GS tried to give me a -$22 refurb fee because the sticker on the back of a 360E I recently bought was messed up. System was flawless. That must be one expensive sticker to replace.

GS tried to give me a -$22 refurb fee because the sticker on the back of a 360E I recently bought was messed up. System was flawless. That must be one expensive sticker to replace.
you mean the sticker that gets messed up when you open the case? That would be why.

I must have filled out 60-70 of them, and nothing. Nor, in my entire (long) time on this site, have I ever seen anyone claim to have received one.

I don't doubt that they send them; I just think a lot more people do the surveys than this site represents.

Has anyone in this thread even won the giftcard for doing the reviews

I must have filled out 60-70 of them, and nothing. Nor, in my entire (long) time on this site, have I ever seen anyone claim to have received one.

I don't doubt that they send them; I just think a lot more people do the surveys than this site represents.
Read the terms online. I'm pretty sure you only have one entry per drawing, though employees will lie to you and say it's unlimited chances. It's buried in paragraph B under heading How To Enter:

Limit one (1) sweepstakes entry per person/address/email address/month no matter what method of entry is used
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/sweepstakes/tgsgccsweeps_rules.aspx

retro flash sale not what i wanted but buy 1 get 1 50% off all disc games 

anyone have any purchase history with any gameboy or gba games not pokemon if so what were conditions?

because based off my experiences they turned down a zelda dx i was trading in with a faded label for me before so i would expect them to be in good conditon.

Are they actually doing double points this weekend? I'm not seeing it anywhere outside of a reddit post.
From an email I got this past week.

2r42aeu.jpg

* Elite Pros: 60 points per dollar; Pros: 40 points per dollar; Players: 20 points per dollar. Double points will be added up to 7 days after transaction. See a store associate for details.

Unless I'm missing something, it looks like they have gotten rid of online certificates in the rewards center? Given that I only have an interest in their retro stuff that effectively makes rewards points completely fucking worthless to me now.

retro flash sale not what i wanted but buy 2 get 1 all disc games

anyone have any purchase history with any gameboy or gba games not pokemon if so what were conditions?

because based off my experiences they turned down a zelda dx i was trading in with a faded label for me before so i would expect them to be in good conditon.
I went to buy a few games and it came up B1G1 50% off the two game cube games I bought instead of B2G1 free. Still great timing. Thanks!

Unless I'm missing something, it looks like they have gotten rid of online certificates in the rewards center? Given that I only have an interest in their retro stuff that effectively makes rewards points completely fucking worthless to me now.
they had online rewards certificates? ive never seen one before haha

From an email I got this past week.

2r42aeu.jpg

* Elite Pros: 60 points per dollar; Pros: 40 points per dollar; Players: 20 points per dollar. Double points will be added up to 7 days after transaction. See a store associate for details.
I sure hope this counts for online orders, too.

Dumb Question Time...

I've never (NEVER) traded any of my collection, but it's time to down size to what I'm playing now and a reasonable (HA!) backlog.

Would you guys say that trading in to Gamestop on this Double Points weekend is my best bet to painlessly dump the bulk of my ps3/360/wiiU/ps4/xbo discs? I know most of the values will be incredibly low, but anything is better than the stacks and stacks of game cases around the house.

Dumb Question Time...
I've never (NEVER) traded any of my collection, but it's time to down size to what I'm playing now and a reasonable (HA!) backlog.

Would you guys say that trading in to Gamestop on this Double Points weekend is my best bet to painlessly dump the bulk of my ps3/360/wiiU/ps4/xbo discs? I know most of the values will be incredibly low, but anything is better than the stacks and stacks of game cases around the house.
Go for it if you want cash since they're not going to go any higher before the cash promo ends.

Dumb Question Time...

If you want credit go find that list of stores that can’t do cash same as credit. You will get bonus 50 percent

Supposedly Prestige means there's a Prestige-only sale at certain intervals (I've heard both monthly and quarterly), and they get more stock of in-demand items. I don't have any actual experience with it, just hearsay mostly from reddit.

B2g1 coupon good for flipping switch pro controller in non-CSAC areas.

Especially if you get the cable with and trade it separately.

Supposedly Prestige means there's a Prestige-only sale at certain intervals (I've heard both monthly and quarterly), and they get more stock of in-demand items. I don't have any actual experience with it, just hearsay mostly from reddit.
Quarterly. It's independent of the "Pro-day" sales. It's been that way for a year or two now.

Last week I went a couple times to trade in some games for XBL credit and the 40% promo (Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (Valid through 7/22)  still kicked in even when it was supposed to end on 7/22 and is not listed on the website anymore, would someone know when it actually ends, may want to bring some stuff in this week but even the employees in store were surprised that the promo still works and couldnt tell me when it ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back