2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read somewhere that pur certificates can now be used to purchase xbox, psn, nintendo, and steam currency? Can anybody confirm or is this just wishful thinking?

So GameStop is taking ps2 games it seems. No values in the app yet. Anyone confirm this? Do we need to start keeping track of TIVs in this thread like we used too?

So GameStop is taking ps2 games it seems. No values in the app yet. Anyone confirm this? Do we need to start keeping track of TIVs in this thread like we used too?
The manager at one of the GameStops I visited last week confirmed that they are taking PS2 games. I was so busy trying to get my items before the weather got bad that I didn't ask to see a list, but they could probably print one for you. I might unload some of my doubles, but I've been playing some of my old PS2 discs on my computer with PCSX2, and they look better than I remember. Loving it. They will probably end up shipping them to South America and selling them there.

Anyone ever try to trade in mass effect 1-3 disc only as the trilogy and been successful? Trilogy trades for $14 base and all 3 separately are less then a dollar a piece
Gamestop doesn't accept the game "Mass Effect". There is no SKU for it. Mass Effect never released for the PS3 in retail. You can either trade in Mass Effect Trilogy, or Mass Effect 2 and 3. Depending on the employee, they either want the case to make it a Mass Effect Trilogy, or just the disk. It really depends on the employee or the manager. They gave me a hard time when trading in infamous collection, but they reluctantly took it without the case and accept it as "Infamous Collection" as oppose to individual.

dont think you can go by history with madden, it came out 2 weeks earlier this year, that bonus trade toward madden was a preorder/week of release deal.
I realized that after posting. I'm just getting antsy holding onto these Switch games (the bump without a bonus is killing me).

Double check to see if your store is Prestige. I just checked and my store is finally Prestige again. Now all we need is a Prestige day.

Gamestop doesn't accept the game "Mass Effect". There is no SKU for it. Mass Effect never released for the PS3 in retail. You can either trade in Mass Effect Trilogy, or Mass Effect 2 and 3. Depending on the employee, they either want the case to make it a Mass Effect Trilogy, or just the disk. It really depends on the employee or the manager. They gave me a hard time when trading in infamous collection, but they reluctantly took it without the case and accept it as "Infamous Collection" as oppose to individual.

That I know for ps3, this is a group of 360 copies so I’ll see if they will take them

Check your GSs because there are a lot of Switch games available since the bump this weekend. I was able to get Octopath and Mario Tennis. Used my B2G1 coupon today (from renewing Elite the other day).

I guess it is standard practice now to bring up your account on their tablet. Both of the stores that I went to did the same thing. One of the employees was double checking to make sure that the B2G1 coupon was actually mine.

FYI... clearance t-shirts are 75% off clearance price.  Was able to pick up a bunch of cool shirts to wear for work.

Also, I had several pre-orders with 20+ bucks on them scattered across several Gamestops.  The clerk called each store for me and consolidated those deposits onto one giftcard, and I was able to fully pay off RDR and Spiderman with nothing out of pocket.

Where are you getting PS4 resident evils for 10 bucks?
I think he used his b2g1 coupon and is elite pro so around $15 for two games and one is free. Traded those 3 in with $5 bonus for each game and got $60. I don’t want to pre order 3 games to get $5 bonus for each games so I’m not bothering with this promo.

Really thinking about trading in my OG PS4 towards that XBX tho.. prolly get a gift receipt with that and return it but what are my chances of placing an order of 500M LE PS4 at GameStop tho lol

Sorry if this has been answered already but tonight I went and traded some stuff and put 10 on Spiderman. Could I go trade another game tomorrow and get the 5 credit towards Spiderman again? Thanks!

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Curious what this trade into towards the Spiderman PS4 pro might be since I have one on po currently.
I think previous promo (around the GoW custom edition release period) had the PS4 OG @ $170, PS4 slim @ $190, and PS4 Pro @ $275 credit towards a new system pick-up. I doubt it would exceed that value range...but fingers crossed.

I think previous promo (around the GoW custom edition release period) had the PS4 OG @ $170, PS4 slim @ $190, and PS4 Pro @ $275 credit towards a new system pick-up. I doubt it would exceed that value range...but fingers crossed.
I received $290 for my PS4 Pro during that GoW promo :) I believe the base value was $240 and they had a $50 bonus credit going on for console trade-in towards GoW. It certainly convinced me to trade in! :)

Sorry if this has been answered already but tonight I went and traded some stuff and put 10 on Spiderman. Could I go trade another game tomorrow and get the 5 credit towards Spiderman again? Thanks!

Yes. You can keep going back and trading in and getting the bonus when applying towards any pre order. I've done it a few times in the same pre order

Yes. You can keep going back and trading in and getting the bonus when applying towards any pre order. I've done it a few times in the same pre order
is it only applied on 1 game trade in? so if i traded 3 games towards 1 preorder, just 1 game will get the bonus?

is it only applied on 1 game trade in? so if i traded 3 games towards 1 preorder, just 1 game will get the bonus?
yes, but if you trade towards multiple preorders you get the bonus on each game for each preorder. i traded in 4 games towards 3 new preorders and 1 existing preorder and they all got the extra $5

This would be incredible if accurate. I have a pro currently and have a spiderman pro paid off. Whatever the trade value is I will just get that refunded back to me as cash and then trade my pro to pay it right back off. Crossing my fingers hoping.

Stupid question as I’ve never preordered from GS but to get the bonus on a existing preorder do you have to go to the same GS that you preordered at?

Stupid question as I’ve never preordered from GS but to get the bonus on a existing preorder do you have to go to the same GS that you preordered at?
Yes, in some circumstances they can call the other store and move your pre order to the new store buy if you are able it is just best to do it at the original store

I received $290 for my PS4 Pro during that GoW promo :) I believe the base value was $240 and they had a $50 bonus credit going on for console trade-in towards GoW. It certainly convinced me to trade in! :)
The OG Pro is currently $250 for trade in so hopefully they just keep it at that and provide us a $50 bonus credit for trade in towards the Spidey Pro.

I'm just curious why they would do a 50 Spidey pro trade bonus when they're out of stock? Was this a similar scenario with the GOW pro? Did it go out then back in stock during the bonus?

I'm just curious why they would do a 50 Spidey pro trade bonus when they're out of stock? Was this a similar scenario with the GOW pro? Did it go out then back in stock during the bonus?

Nope. GoW Pro had been sold out for a while. The trade in bonus was solely for the people that had the foresight to place a preorder. Kind of backwards to be honest.

Saw it mentioned above, but just wanted to confirm that the extra 20% bonus credit when buying PSN/XBL credit is still active as of yesterday. Employees at my store weren’t even sure themselves, but adding any amount of credit triggers the bonus.
PSA

tried this today, no dice.

Found a previous post stating this as well. Thanks for confirmation!
I went to gamestop yesterday to trade in a ps4 slim and a x1 slim toward the x1x. The employee said I cannot stack. I insisted and he tried and the computer did not allow to stack.

So I was bumbed out and went to a different store. There the manager had to do a manual over-ride to give me the promo.

I went to gamestop yesterday to trade in a ps4 slim and a x1 slim toward the x1x. The employee said I cannot stack. I insisted and he tried and the computer did not allow to stack.

So I was bumbed out and went to a different store. There the manager had to do a manual over-ride to give me the promo.
Both of your systems belonged on the same trade tier amount; thus, the conflict. However, congrats on your perseverance and finding an understanding manager at another GS.

I’m surprised they givin $250 for OG PS4. Just gotta out my old 500gb hdd back in
Yes, that is an extremely generous trade credit ... possibly the highest ever for an OG PS4. Dump it now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back