2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
That has to be an error, they are selling used og ps4s for $270.... I feel like they meant for that graphic to be a ps4 pro which would make more sense.

No way that is real. Glad I grabbed an extra copy of Mario Odyssey last time it was on sale for trade filler.

Gotta be a mistake, they sell them for $260, no way they would give $300. They said get up to $325, so my guess is the PS4 Pro is $300 and XB1X is $325.

attachicon.gif
2D8A4AB8-A9A3-4302-B157-4F18DF8AA28B.jpeg

We eating good tomorrow, boys and girls!
this looks like something I would make for giggles...

I wouldn't expect the OG PS4 to net $300 - that's literally double the price they were selling them for last Black Friday. YMMV on if you can get them to honor it - you should go early tomorrow for the best chance of trading it. Just today, their ad for Pro Day claimed that you can still buy Elite memberships, but they fixed it shortly after.

At the bottom of GameStop’s website using my iPad it says get up to 40% extra credit when you trade toward select games. Wonder if that’s a promo dropping tomorrow

There's no way that can be real right? Those values are insane. Gonna be a real credit storm if true. PS4 one had to be a mistake otherwise people are going to be flipping those left and right.

Pretty sure the $300 is going to be for a pro, it'll most likely be $200 for an OG PS4. Wonder if it will stack with the $50 coupon from Gamestop.

GameStop is terrible with their marketing. There’s so much confusion on social media about the one-day promos, including people thinking it’s today and getting mad since it’s 9/11...

GameStop is terrible with their marketing. There’s so much confusion on social media about the one-day promos, including people thinking it’s today and getting mad since it’s 9/11...
Sometimes I think the confusion is intentional. Get the customer in the door and then seitch it on them.

I'll join in on the 'gotta be a Pro' side. They need Pros, so that would make sense. I may trade my copy of Xenoblade 2 if I can get 40 for it tomorrow...just didn't get into it. Too complex. I sound like an old man gamer now lol. "Back in MY DAY, we had attack, magic, defend, and flee, and that's what you got!"
Agreed that Xenoblade 2 is a nightmare to figure out how to play well- that’s why I’m loving DQ8

Already formatted and got my old Pro ready for trade. Likely gonna get there at opening and hope that I can stack the $50 coupon with it as well.

$300 is still damn good for a Pro (Since I have the Spidey one now anyway), but $350 would be ridiculous.

I’m going to bet on poor graphical design. The sentence about extra trade value is unrelated to the pictures of the games below, which are intended to be game sale prices, things to buy with your “extra trade in value”.

I’m going to bet on poor graphical design. The sentence about extra trade value is unrelated to the pictures of the games below, which are intended to be game sale prices, things to buy with your “extra trade in value”.
Lol that's going to piss a loooot of people off. You might be right but I hope not.

With past experience for Pro Days, any idea when the main deals will be revealed?

I am looking at getting a PS4 as my X1X is out of commission for a while, but when I look online for deals all I seem to find are overpriced consoles now. 

Has Spider-Man caused that much of a demand for the system?

Was really hoping for an extra bonus percentage for trades since I have a lot of trade fodder just waiting to be traded in now that they announced the Pokemon Switch

Funny to watch how they run this company. Any other retail store, if they have a sale coming they order stock, inform the employees, ready the ads ahead of time, etc...

Gamestop..."Oh damn, national video games day is tomorrow?! Someone throw an ad together! We'll tell the employees what it is when they show up!"
"Tell them they'll get $350 for an OG PS4! That'll get them in the store!"

I dunno. Mainly because I think siege was $20 or $25 during a prior pro day, and same for persona 5. Mario Odyssey seems a bit too low at $40, as I don’t think I’ve seen them put it on sale

GameStop is total drama. They can't get their shit together or they're just trolling smart consumers.

It's so hard to choose only 1 thing about them that pisses me off, but it's also hard to choose only one thing I like about them.

Hate: opened games and consoles (not used but opened) being sold as new. Too much sales pitch by staff. Being told I need to buy the Spider-Man DLC even though I was picking up the Pro and CE. Being harassed to trade in the bundled Spider-Man game from the PS4 Pro back as a sealed game when it includes the DLC in the case.

Like: sometimes quite generous return policy. Sometimes great trade in values. Ridiculously easy to rack up points sometimes. Better shipping and in-store quality for CE than any other store. Never had a pre-order not show up (unless I ditched it for more than 48 hours after release). Awesome B2G1 and similar promos if you wait for it.

Yeah I agree...total drama that could be easily avoided with pictures that match the text and transparent information. 

For instance, what are all the "select systems?"  I have an XB1 S I would like to trade in...but I have no time to do that tomorrow night after work unless I reformat my system tonight.  But I don't even know what the offer will be. 

GS likes to get us all excited with these "guessing games." 

I wonder if Mario then will trade in for $48 after elite...guessing games. drama.  gamestop. drama to the players. 

Showing on app for me not website.

Mario Kart 8 and Breath of the Wild came up $48 with elite as well
Yeah I'm seeing it on the app now too. I'm only seeing trade bumps for a few games, pretty much just the first party Nintendo stuff. I was hoping most games were getting a bump but I'm doubtful now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back