2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone else trading in their Switch games today? With Pro Day and Prestige Day right around the corner, this adds to the conundrum.
Odyssey, Kirby(never even opened lol), Pokken. Maybe Splatoon 2 since it's not compatible with cloud saves and I'm getting a Pikachu Switch bundle in November.

If you are trading in a switch, what do you need?  Console, Two joycons, Power cable obviously.  What about HDMI cable and dock?

Odyssey, Kirby(never even opened lol), Pokken. Maybe Splatoon 2 since it's not compatible with cloud saves and I'm getting a Pikachu Switch bundle in November.
What about the $35 base TIV games, are you going to trade those in or wait for Prestige Day?

There will probably be a bump that falls on Prestige Day so it could be $35 base TIV + Prestige Day bonus 10%.

Didn’t realize they were back to back. Thanks, I’ll have to be more strategic...

GS stuff dies for what seems like months and then all of a sudden three events are stacked together.
I should say [*Rumor via GS Reddit is that] 9/15 is Pro Day. 9/22 is Prestige Day.

What about the $35 base games, are you going to trade those in or wait for Prestige Day?

There will probably be a bump that falls on Prestige Day so it could be $35 base TIV + Prestige Day bonus 10%.
Those $35 base trades will drop to $22 or $25 tomorrow.

I should say [*Rumor via GS Reddit is that] 9/15 is Pro Day. 9/22 is Prestige Day.
111jxcn.jpg

Just traded my switch for $300. They looked at my account history to verify I had bought a 500Mil before applying the bonus $50, saying something about the district manager thinking people were abusing the coupon who hadn’t earned it.

OG ps4 500 GB, TIV = $225
OG XBONE 500 GB, TIV =$175

Both have been sitting on my shelf for years. Just did an even trade for the Pokémon Let’s Go Limited Edition Switch. Got the Eevee one. Only had to pay tax.

Just traded my switch for $300. They looked at my account history to verify I had bought a 500Mil before applying the bonus $50, saying something about the district manager thinking people were abusing the coupon who hadn’t earned it.
Smart manager. Wonder how many other employees will verify the purchase before allowing the coupon to scan.

Kind of concerned about trade ban hammers coming down from this coupon's use now, especially after today.

What's the best way to back up Switch save data, since Nintendo online isn't ready. Download games are tied to accounts now too right?

Kind of concerned about trade ban hammers coming down from this coupon's use now, especially after today.
Yea.... I used it for a Spider PS4. Going to use it again today to get rid of my switch for the Eevee edition. Gonna take the risk.

Edit: Are they taking pre orders on the consoles in stores?

It's a convenience thing. You can get more selling it yourself but that requires more work, usually dealing with no shows and requests to trade for paintball/airsoft guns.
How much was the OG PS4 Pro getting before today’s event? Cash value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back