2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
To clarify, the trade bump is today only and will not be higher (probably much lower) on Pro Day (15th) and Prestige Day (22nd). Based on previous Prestige Day Ads, all prestige stores will feature at least a 10% bonus trade bump and a B2G1 sale on all pre-owned products (no coupon necessary).
i would say there's still a stealth bump this friday or next week but the problem is no trade in bonus at this time.

Squeezed in two last-minute trades of switch + games and xbone s using the coupon twice. Had to use my pleb pro account though since my elite account is still under purgatory.

Still got around $700 in credit. Not bad.

Welp once I found out California charged tax on trade credit, like the Kramer Newman Michigan plan of downgrading Xbox X to OG and netting $175 sank. Plus I’d really need a 1TB system to not go mad. And I found out Cox has a data cap so redowning all that game pass crap would ruin my whole next month. So kept it.

But still converted about $630 TC and 24,000 reward points into $575 cash (2 accounts) and a copy of Mario Tennis. Way ahead of Cardpool’s offers. Should get 35-40,000 points back. Every employee was chill, or LOLing at not being told of this promo and fearing their manager giving them sh** about having to go into the cash vault cause of all the trades.

Best thing = still have whole $2,000 credit limit open for Pro/Prestige and didn’t trade more than one of each of the major players today per account. Prestige day should line up with SB.

Hoping they have a good sale price for far cry 5 on pro day. I'd like to pick this up for after I'm done with Spiderman. What is everyone's impression of far cry 5? I thought it looked pretty good. This is coming from someone who loved 3 but didn't really like 4.. I actually never even beat it. It felt way too much like a rehash of 3 imo. Oh and I never beat Primal either.. played it for a good bit and just got bored for some reason.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Sorry for sounding dumb, but does this mean that trading in the SNES Classic earns an additional $25? It does show up under consoles on the app - with $40 value. $65 total ain’t too bad. Mine’s just gathering dust now that the nostalgia’s gone.

Hoping they have a good sale price for far cry 5 on pro day. I'd like to pick this up for after I'm done with Spiderman. What is everyone's impression of far cry 5? I thought it looked pretty good. This is coming from someone who loved 3 but didn't really like 4.. I actually never even beat it. It felt way too much like a rehash of 3 imo. Oh and I never beat Primal either.. played it for a good bit and just got bored for some reason.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
If you didn’t like 4, you can definitely skip 5. I love the series, and 5 was a fun game but it felt kind of hollow. The same “take out an outpost” formula minus the radio tower climbing

Does a trade in of an OG PS4 500GB system require the HDMI cable along with power cord and controller?
All that plus a micro USB cable to charge the DS4. But the 1 day promo was yesterday so you missed out anyway IMO.

$210 yesterday and only $145 today (before the $50 coupon a few people have posted here).

hope your controller is fine. i got hit with a $40 refurb fee bc my controller's joy stick rubbers were a little worn out.
A nice and smart associate would've made an extra sale by selling you stick covers for $7 or more. If you have a cover, you'll be in the clear. If the associate says otherwise, they're just being a dick.

We should sticky in the OP, if it's ever updated, that you should buy a stick cover if you trade in a worn controller.

Didn’t check cag 2 days...
Sitting on R6S, several AAA switch games, and an OG PS4 500 gb that I don’t need, since I just brought the Spidey PS4 pro.
Insert Hercules disappointed meme here:

Oh well looking forward to pro and prestige days coming up. I do feel good for the CAGs that got in on yesterday’s epic trades. Just feel like a dope for missing out !!

A nice and smart associate would've made an extra sale by selling you stick covers for $7 or more. If you have a cover, you'll be in the clear. If the associate says otherwise, they're just being a dick.

We should sticky in the OP, if it's ever updated, that you should buy a stick cover if you trade in a worn controller.
Every store I know checks underneath thumbstick covers and will refurb regardless.

Didn’t check cag 2 days...
Sitting on R6S, several AAA switch games, and an OG PS4 500 gb that I don’t need, since I just brought the Spidey PS4 pro.
Insert Hercules disappointed meme here:

Oh well looking forward to pro and prestige days coming up. I do feel good for the CAGs that got in on yesterday’s epic trades. Just feel like a dope for missing out !!
I'm sure you'll find good TIVs for your switch games and consoles, eventually. They seem to be doing console bumps every other month this year. R6S was the big shocker of a bump.

Is it worth getting the Spider-Man ps4 pro if I hate the red color? I wouldn’t have asked prior to a couple days ago, but what with the unexpected PS4 Pro shortage, all of a sudden I’m a little more open to it. That and it’s a pretty good deal since you get Spider-Man and the DLC. I think I can have a local store order one from another store for me.

Is it worth getting the Spider-Man ps4 pro if I hate the red color? I wouldn’t have asked prior to a couple days ago, but what with the unexpected PS4 Pro shortage, all of a sudden I’m a little more open to it. That and it’s a pretty good deal since you get Spider-Man and the DLC. I think I can have a local store order one from another store for me.
Just put a console skin on it.

Seriously!? man what a dick... well at least i know next time

I have a Quest code to share

ah7Ktt7.png

Turned mine in yesterday.

They claimed my touch pad didn't work and hit me with a 40 dollar refurb fee. The 50 dollar code made up the difference now. I didn't think of it till now but maybe it didn't work because the ps4 was on while they were testing..

The person handling my trade in also went too crazy with the PS4. Literally opening it, vigorously shaking and banging the system. Nothing but some dust came out (launch model).

Ended up leaving with 240 (also traded in a refurb controller and camera). Could have gotten 280, but definitely better than what I could have gotten regardless.

Are there any cags from the Charlotte area that would PM me? I have a GS question I don’t want to ask publicly.

Edit: thanks for the quick help!

BTW pro tip for you guys that get hit with $40 refurbs for controllers: trade the controller in a separate transaction (refurb on controllers is $3) and just use the credit towards a used controller (assuming you have elite pro) and that $40 refurb turned into a $20-25 refurb.

Honestly, I nearly skipped the Spidey Pro because the red looked so gaudy in all the pics and videos I saw, but in the flesh I *love* it. If possible, I would see one in person before making the final call.

Was going to trade in the switch for $300, but forgot the HDMI cord at home.

Too lazy to drive home and back to the store. Oh well, guess it wasn't meant to be.
They didn’t have any you could have bought in store? I forgot my switch joy con handle so I bought one used and threw it in. Easy enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back