2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
anybody notice the diablo 3 eternal collection is listed at $24.99 on their pro day sale page under xbox one? it is $40 when you click on it but maybe you could use that page to get it cheaper in store?

Picked up some collectibles at 40% off with the $5 bag. Grabbed the last Marvel Legends Infinity Gauntlet for $64. Employee didn’t care if stuff actually fit in the bag he just rang it all up at 40% off.

FYI the $50 bonus code doesn't stack with the "buy x console towards y console" bonus being done today. Had a manager who was nice enough to manually adjust it, though.
Thanks for the info. I’m about to go trade in for a PS4, hopefully the manager there is nice and let’s me use the $50 code. If not there’s about 12 GameStops near me and I don’t mind driving to see if someone else will take it haha.

Can anyone confirm if clearance collectables are 50% off and B1G2 Free? Will be checking myself later if no one is able to confirm.

Edgy. You didn't refute what he said at all. Most of the questions that were asked here can be answered by reading the ad, albeit, in the fine print. But check this out: if you put your thumb and pointer finger near each other and increase the distance between them, the print is no longer tiny!

Saying "look at the ad" is no different than saying "read the FAQ" back when we had one, but the fact that everything's no longer clearly laid out in Q&A format suddenly makes everything confusing.
I very much refute his attitude. It’s that kind of response that drives people away.

just went to gamestop for the 3 for 25 and the extra 10% off for pro day does not stack only will take the elite discount off

Does anyone know if I can trade in a console with their trade-in deal towards a new console, then return that console later for general credit? I just don’t need a new console right now but would like the same credit that they were offering on Tuesday. Thanks!

Does anyone know if I can trade in a console with their trade-in deal towards a new console, then return that console later for general credit? I just don’t need a new console right now but would like the same credit that they were offering on Tuesday. Thanks!
If you returned the console your refund would be in the same form of payment you used. So if pay in trade credit you will get trade credit back. As long as you have the receipt

From the pdf flyer. Return rebuy for people who bought a PS4 Slim on Wednesday could get PSN+ for $39.99.

257ddfb.jpg

33atbmo.jpg

$275 TIV (PS4 Slim/OG) if you use the $50 bonus trade in coupon.

2qivi2h.jpg

Exactly, i want to know how much a vcr xbox one worth toward an X
there is the answer

Are funkos included in the collectibles sale?
They do for the 40% off when you buy a $5 bag all collectibles are counted. Which is anything that is not a game.

I found three Overwatch Nendoroids on clearance but they would not stack B1G2 and 50%. But they let me buy a bag for $5 and get 40% off one and the other two were free. So all in all I payed $42 for three nendoroids that are $60 each normally. Im stoked.

That sucks. I figured that it more or less wouldn’t but was still hoping.
Pro Day 10% trade bumps and discounts never stack with anything but the Pro percentages. Prestige Day does. Unfortunately, the 3/$25 promo ends tomorrow. There is a 40% trade boost banner that has been popping up on the GS website, hopefully that rolls out Monday and makes Prestige day a 50% trade bonus day (40% for non-Elites.)

Thanks gotta burn my credit, since I stopped buying CEs from them and their stock is looking terrible.
Just tried my local store they said the Lets go pokemon and smash console bundles are not in their system. Guess I will try my other store on Monday.

They do for the 40% off when you buy a $5 bag all collectibles are counted. Which is anything that is not a game.

I found three Overwatch Nendoroids on clearance but they would not stack B1G2 and 50%. But they let me buy a bag for $5 and get 40% off one and the other two were free. So all in all I payed $42 for three nendoroids that are $60 each normally. Im stoked.
Oh I wonder if it stacks with the B3G1 Funko sale? Looking to get the new wave of Overwatch :)

Just tried my local store they said the Lets go pokemon and smash console bundles are not in their system. Guess I will try my other store on Monday.
Nintendo is making them do online pre-order only. You have to order through the website and pay the full amount.

Nintendo is making them do online pre-order only. You have to order through the website and pay the full amount.
Seriously?? I was planning on preordering one today considering I’ve had bad experiences when dealing with online preordering. But once again shouldn’t be too surprised.

did the 5 dollar bag promo today, grabbed all the good pokemon stuff they had, they didn't even ask about shit having to fit inside the bag, just rang it all up then put it in a giant plastic bag. worked out great

Seriously?? I was planning on preordering one today considering I’ve had bad experiences when dealing with online preordering. But once again shouldn’t be too surprised.
That is what I've gathered from the Gamestop Reddit. It couldn't hurt to call a few of your local stores, though.

That is what I've gathered from the Gamestop Reddit. It couldn't hurt to call a few of your local stores, though.
This is what I was told as well but I thought I read someone saying you could put $50 down so I'm not sure. The online only preorder deal is very annoying though, especially if they refuse return rebuys to use credit.

Pro Day 10% trade bumps and discounts never stack with anything but the Pro percentages. Prestige Day does. Unfortunately, the 3/$25 promo ends tomorrow. There is a 40% trade boost banner that has been popping up on the GS website, hopefully that rolls out Monday and makes Prestige day a 50% trade bonus day (40% for non-Elites.)
how about the b2g1 preowned, does it stack on that?

Trades in several ps2 games. Did NOT get the extra 10%. Also preordered NSMBU:D and just found out it wasn't on the preorder bonus list (I guess that's my fault for assuming). Ah well

pur certificates can be used today. just used 3 of em on pre owned games
Curious if it would work on the New games in the ad. I think those are the ones that didn't work in the past as the certs would be taken off prior to the full discount and cancelling out the certs.

I was tempted to do this myself today, but how did it come out to getting the two other for free? Did the employee do an override for it?

So I just got screwed over... Picked up The Surge which is advertised at $9.99 and bought another game as well. Used a $10 off coupon I had on my phone and on the receipt it says 2 promos under The Surge and still $9, should have made it free.

This is what I was told as well but I thought I read someone saying you could put $50 down so I'm not sure. The online only preorder deal is very annoying though, especially if they refuse return rebuys to use credit.
Exactly why I want to just put some down now as I plan on trading in my current Switch to upgrade to one of the bundles.

So I just got screwed over... Picked up The Surge which is advertised at $9.99 and bought another game as well. Used a $10 off coupon I had on my phone and on the receipt it says 2 promos under The Surge and still $9, should have made it free.
PUR certificates can't be used on Pro Day sales.

Okay, I've been MIA from GameStop for months and I haven't needed to buy any games for the longest time to add to my backlog, so I stopped by a store today to buy collectables for the first time. Got the Fallout board game and some glasses. 40% is pretty damn good if you can find things you like (I've never looked at anything sold in GS besides games before).

Okay I’m a Pro member and I’m signed in on the site, why are none of the items discounting when I’m checking out?

Edit: Okay the game I’m looking at is discounting now, but the PS Plus membership isn’t

Ah thanks, gosh I hate how almost all deals in PSN or XBL this gen have been tied to buying a new system. I remember last gen they would have discounts on both like once every 2 months somewhere.

Ah thanks, gosh I hate how almost all deals in PSN or XBL this gen have been tied to buying a new system. I remember last gen they would have discounts on both like once every 2 months somewhere.
They like always discount the sub services for Black Friday.

Well apparently the 40% bag deal applies to Magic cards and Overwatch nendos as well. Brought the last Dva, Hanzo and Genji at my store. Along with like 4 Magic Bundle Boxes and 2 starter decks lol. Also grabbed MegaMan X Legacy and Burnout.

Burned all of my credit, but it was a good way to go out

Welp just bought 2 Nappa SH Figuarts and a Master Sword umbrella. Apparently the 40% off seems to be applying on purchases above $160 or so
Damn you!!! I almost forgot about figuarts and then your post just sucked me back in. I bought the ninja batman figuarts for $35. It does NOT combine with the Batman day DC sale they are having unfortunately

PUR certificates can't be used on Pro Day sales.

Okay, I've been MIA from GameStop for months and I haven't needed to buy any games for the longest time to add to my backlog, so I stopped by a store today to buy collectables for the first time. Got the Fallout board game and some glasses. 40% is pretty damn good if you can find things you like (I've never looked at anything sold in GS besides games before).
Great, that's what I was afraid of. Well it accepted the PUR coupon, that was a fucking waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back