2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh one of my stores had a used Red Dead already but the pickup system bugged and someone else was able to get it.

Ugh one of my stores had a used Red Dead already but the pickup system bugged and someone else was able to get it.
What idiot would trade a game in the same day it came out? Even if they got it a couple days early somewhere there's no way they could have finished a 60+ hour game yet.

What idiot would trade a game in the same day it came out? Even if they got it a couple days early somewhere there's no way they could have finished a 60+ hour game yet.
Well I would, because I bought the ps4 pro that cane with red dead and an x with the red dead deal. But I am selling mine, not trading it in for a laughable $25.

Well I would, because I bought the ps4 pro that cane with red dead and an x with the red dead deal. But I am selling mine, not trading it in for a laughable $25.
Well yeah that would make more sense. Someone would easily pay $40-50 cash on offerup, letgo or FB for it right now. $25 store credit for any brand new release let alone the biggest release of 2018 is a joke.

considering getting the RDR2 X deal I can wait and wondering if BF will have better deal?

If you don't have a Xbone OG, Xbone S or non-Pro PS4 to trade in, wait for BF.
Specifically, this will probably be the last decent deal for dumping OG Xbones (their non-promo TIV has been dropping like a stone this past year and they're gonna have a glut of them after this promo).

i agree with Bobby completely. There probably won't be a sale on Red Dead for BF, but a $400 X wouldn't be surprising at all, so waiting for a BF you can probably do at least as well as this deal. Of course then you have to wait a month to play it....

Got my Pro Day 5000 point bonus for pre-ordering RDR even though I haven't picked up the game yet. That plus the 10k points for picking it up is actually a pretty decent deal, which is shocking coming from GS.

Got my PS4 Red Dead bundle today, and compared to my old launch model PS4 pro, this thing is extremely quiet. Really happy I decided to pick it up. :)

i agree with Bobby completely. There probably won't be a sale on Red Dead for BF, but a $400 X wouldn't be surprising at all, so waiting for a BF you can probably do at least as well as this deal. Of course then you have to wait a month to play it....
The X is $400 at Costco right now.

Over 100 plus GAMES have had a TRADE CREDIT DROP

WTF IS GOING ON

check all your games, especially last gen. EVERYTHING has tanked
Ha! Maybe they are doing SBs now by dropping the TIV of everything else...

Pretty sure things won’t be going back to the way they used to be, but there is a slight chance this is a sign that there will be a % boost monday after the X promo ends.

Ended up taking advantage of the RDR2 X deal. Trade in 2 games as well and walked out with an X and RDR2 for around $219. Not sure where the State of Decay 2 code is in the receipt unless that ended already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ended up taking advantage of the RDR2 X deal. Trade in 2 games as well and walked out with an X and RDR2 for around $219. Not sure where the State of Decay 2 code is in the receipt unless that ended already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Didn't get State of Decay 2 with my trade in, so it might be over. Oh well it still a killer deal.

Idk if GS is screwing up again but they're taking off the 20% off from the birthday coupon first then the reward certificate then the Elite 20% off discount. In that order.

So I've been going through the highest TIV last gen games, and if you take the new base value and add a 50% bump, you get exactly what their Elite TIV was yesterday. [emoji1787]

Got my PS4 Red Dead bundle today, and compared to my old launch model PS4 pro, this thing is extremely quiet. Really happy I decided to pick it up. :)
Picked mine up last night and started setting it up today, downloading some updates and the Spider Man DLC right now, so far whisper quiet, will see how it goes with a game. Noticed how they changed the AC connector on the console to the smaller kind instead of the big chunky almost 3-prong one it used to have, now is more in line with the Xbox.

Picked mine up last night and started setting it up today, downloading some updates and the Spider Man DLC right now, so far whisper quiet, will see how it goes with a game. Noticed how they changed the AC connector on the console to the smaller kind instead of the big chunky almost 3-prong one it used to have, now is more in line with the Xbox.
Hey good to know about the power cord. It'll be much easier to find if you lose that power cord. I see Youtuber's unbox the ps4 pro but they don't even show the power cord. Good to know that it's been quiet. Can you see if the model number is different too?

Hey good to know about the power cord. It'll be much easier to find if you lose that power cord. I see Youtuber's unbox the ps4 pro but they don't even show the power cord. Good to know that it's been quiet. Can you see if the model number is different too?
Model CUH-7215B, Used to have a launch pro, not as loud as some people have mentioned but with the trade in promos the upgrade was super worth it.

Didn't get State of Decay 2 with my trade in, so it might be over. Oh well it still a killer deal.

Has everyone been getting their state of Decay 2 codes? I didn’t get one with the stack.

So if Im correct, old x1 trade for black x1x with the purchase of rdr2 standard should cost me about $258
I did not get the State of Decay 2 code on the receipt. I did get the bump in trade value for the xbox and the discount for RDR2. I might try later to return/rebuy to see it the code shows up. The State of Decay promotion show as active until 10/28/18.

@RunningMan - It was around 260 before taxes after I trade an original Xbox one and got RDR2.

I did not get the State of Decay 2 code on the receipt. I did get the bump in trade value for the xbox and the discount for RDR2. I might try later to return/rebuy to see it the code shows up. The State of Decay promotion show as active until 10/28/18.

@RunningMan - It was around 260 before taxes after I trade an original Xbox one and got RDR2.
Did you purchase the vanilla xbox one x that comes with no bubdled games?

If theres a drop in TIV, has anyone been keeping track of ps2 values? I've been waiting patiently for any trade bump but getting nervous that values will keep plummeting.

It didn't print out for me when I did the trade-in yesterday around noon PDT. The cashier mentioned to her coworker that it had worked earlier in the day. They ended up ringing up a standalone State of Decay 2 digital code and zeroing out the transaction for me.

I don't need a stealth bump atm The games I have right now. I know that I'm positive that they won't drop in TIV. I just need a good bonus.

It didn't print out for me when I did the trade-in yesterday around noon PDT. The cashier mentioned to her coworker that it had worked earlier in the day. They ended up ringing up a standalone State of Decay 2 digital code and zeroing out the transaction for me.
I’ll be getting that handled! The staff tried to tell me it failed due to stacking not being allowed smh.

For those that made the upgrade to the 1 x, are how big of a difference have you noticed in performance?

And did anyone return red dead right away?

GameStop is aware of the State of Decay 2 code shortage. My GS was not nearly as cool about it, they made me call support and apparently the District Leader is gonna hit me up with a code in a few days.
Just a small tidbit, the Red Dead 10 dollar codes can be redeem for PSN cards. I did it earlier today.
This is what I was hoping. Thanks.

Quick question, Thursday afternoon I went and put $100 down on the Red Dead PS4 bundle. Went back at 8:30 and paid it off and picked it up after 9pm at release. Should I have gotten any preorder dlc codes on my receipt? I can’t find any and thought they were offering something.

The GameStop employee called their manager stating the receipt printer was small. Called in to get me a digital State of Decay 2 code right there! 🔥🔥🔥

Quick question, Thursday afternoon I went and put $100 down on the Red Dead PS4 bundle. Went back at 8:30 and paid it off and picked it up after 9pm at release. Should I have gotten any preorder dlc codes on my receipt? I can’t find any and thought they were offering something.
There should be a dlc code slip inside the case. At least that what I've seen on unboxing videos for the bundle.

It's in the game case

Can someone confirm something about the “Pay $20 Less for any New Game or Pre-Order When You Trade Select Games” promo.

Are they saying that if I trade in let’s say Shadow of the Tomb Raider towards Spider-Man I would get the full trade amount for Tomb Raider and then be able to buy Spidey for $40?
That seems to good to be true for GameStop... is there a catch?

Can someone confirm something about the “Pay $20 Less for any New Game or Pre-Order When You Trade Select Games” promo.

Are they saying that if I trade in let’s say Shadow of the Tomb Raider towards Spider-Man I would get the full trade amount for Tomb Raider and then be able to buy Spidey for $40?
That seems to good to be true for GameStop... is there a catch?
it just means you get $20 trade for the game that is then applied to the full retail price of the game your picking up. Just more gamestop sneaky wording.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back