2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone had luck with the trade select games get $20 off new promotion? I'm thinking of trading in xenoblade 2 from the list for $30 elite and getting Red Dead 2 new on PS4. I have a couple other games to make up the $10 assuming my math is correct on the promos but we'll see if GS tries to screw me.
You’re not getting $50 for Xenoblade. You’ll get $30 and have to pay $30.

You'll only get $35 for Xenoblade 2 after Elite + $5 bonus on Switch games--the $20 promo doesn't mean you'll get an additional $20 added to the post-Elite value.
Right, but I'm referring to the promo on the trade values page which says "Pay $20 less for any new game or pre-order when you trade select games" So unless i'm missing something I'd trade in xenoblade for $35 credit, but RDR2 would be $39.99 correct?

Right, but I'm referring to the promo on the trade values page which says "Pay $20 less for any new game or pre-order when you trade select games" So unless i'm missing something I'd trade in xenoblade for $35 credit, but RDR2 would be $39.99 correct?
Yes, you are missing something. It is worded poorly on purpose by GameStop.

It should actually say: "Get at least $20 for your trade of select games towards any new game or pre-order."

Haha, oh man wow that is sneaky! Thanks for saving me a trip.
If you are trading towards RDR2, you'll gets $10 back as a reward coupon in your account. So it is kind of like you are paying $15 + tax.

Not a terrible outcome. $35 (if you have Elite) isn't terrible for a switch game considering how trade in values have been lately.

yeah i have a couple good will snags i could probably use to offset that $15. Where do you see the $5 bonus in switch games though? I'm not seeing it on the trade in values of the website. 

yeah i have a couple good will snags i could probably use to offset that $15. Where do you see the $5 bonus in switch games though? I'm not seeing it on the trade in values of the website.
It was giving an (unlisted/delisted) $5 bonus on switch trades as of yesterday, but promo changeovers usually happen mon/wed so it could be gone now. Call your store and ask if they can do a dummy trade transaction to see if they are still giving a $5 bonus towards switch games.

In an odd switch of events I went to gamestop buy a pre owned rdr2 for Xbox one and got a sealed copy .. weird cuz it’s usually the other way around ... they said someone bought the promo but didn’t want the free game and traded it back right away so they are selling the new copy as used .. might be worth seeing if that’s the case near you .. I probably just got lucky 😄

In an odd switch of events I went to gamestop buy a pre owned rdr2 for Xbox one and got a sealed copy .. weird cuz it’s usually the other way around ... they said someone bought the promo but didn’t want the free game and traded it back right away so they are selling the new copy as used .. might be worth seeing if that’s the case near you .. I probably just got lucky
I bet a bunch of people did that just to get the $100 off the X or S. Seems a bit silly, but to each their own.

Has anyone had luck with the trade select games get $20 off new promotion? I'm thinking of trading in xenoblade 2 from the list for $30 elite and getting Red Dead 2 new on PS4. I have a couple other games to make up the $10 assuming my math is correct on the promos but we'll see if GS tries to screw me.
I'll take that for $30. PM me

Weird. Seems a month too early for a Pro Day. Maybe they are doing them more frequently now since everything else seems to be changing, too. I don't see the point when better deals are going to be had on Black Friday.
It seems like they have one once a month now. I've noticed the sales have been worse recently too.

They could have just done a web-in-store order with your trade and had a regular X shipped to you. Those are still in stock online. They also have the power to manually adjust the trade credit for the trade if that WIS didn't automatically add the trade boost.
Wish I would’ve know this yesterday but it’s all good I’ll end up finding one on the cheap sometime soon.

If it's any consolation, this is a great deal:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Xbox-One-X-1TB-PUBG-Bundle-Red-Dead-Redemption-2-Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-4/123438522097?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I have this one on order. It is tax free and ships free. I am planning to sell Black Ops 4 and the packed-in controller. I am in the process of selling my One S, so I think this meets or beats this gamestop deal. The only thing that is different is that I probably won't get $225 or $250 from my One S, but the tax free makes up for that. And selling those 2 items, I feel, make it better. I have an Elite controller and an extra black controller so I can safely sell this one. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the info might end up doing this but we will see

Wish I would’ve know this yesterday but it’s all good I’ll end up finding one on the cheap sometime soon.
I would be willing to bet that Black Friday will see the X1X for $400 and the PS4 Pro for $350. The holidays deals haven't even begun to hit. Lots of deals to be had.

I can see X1 dropping to $400 but the PS4 Pro probably makes more sense to throw in games since it's selling so well already. They have a hard time keeping it on shelves. It's up to the analysts. We do all the real work that make our companies go ;)

Drove an hour north for the last xbox one x to trade up for....
Some guy was buying it as i walked in the door. The guy on the phone said they couldnt hold it for me which is funny because you can hold shit online and ive never had trouble.
Wow that's terrible. I can only imagine how frustrating it would be to make a 2-hour round trip and not come home with that xbox. Did you make other plans for that city so it wasn't the only reason you went?

Wow that's terrible. I can only imagine how frustrating it would be to make a 2-hour round trip and not come home with that xbox. Did you make other plans for that city so it wasn't the only reason you went?
If they include my wife yelling at me that she was hungry and stopping two times for her to decide what she wanted to eat before we left (possibily missing my window of opportunity) lol, i shouldnt be too salty just hope for a good holiday sale and holding decent tiv on the one s.

If they include my wife yelling at me that she was hungry and stopping two times for her to decide what she wanted to eat before we left (possibily missing my window of opportunity) lol, i shouldnt be too salty just hope for a good holiday sale and holding decent tiv on the one s.
You could still trade your one s in today for $175 and get rdr2 and the fallout 76 bundle or something for $290. Not as good a deal as before but fallout 76 should be a good game also

It was the tech support number.

1-800-883-8895
Thanks!

So, for anyone else in the same boat here's the 411 on my experience: I called twice. Let my phone sit on hold for ~37 minutes the first time while watching a show. Hung up. Called back. Got a pick up the 2nd time at ~28 minutes. Holy shit. Is their call center response time normally that slow/bad? lol The guy who took my call could barely speak English but he seemed nice enough & apologized up front for the "long wait time". The spiel I was told is that they "ran out of codes" on the 27th, but they're in the process of "ordering/waiting" for more codes. They took my number & are supposedly going to call me back in 3-5 business days with a code. Uh huh. We shall see.... I mean...not a huge deal one way or the other & I'll be happy to get the code if I do...but damn Gamestop.... On the plus side, the in store experience was very good....

So I'm not a fan of red dead 2 and was going to trade it in but was thrown off to see that it only has a TIV of 27.50. I don't trade in new games so fast usually but doesn't gamestop usually give you like 40 on a trade in for big games within a month of release(thought I had seen this previously).

So I'm not a fan of red dead 2 and was going to trade it in but was thrown off to see that it only has a TIV of 27.50. I don't trade in new games so fast usually but doesn't gamestop usually give you like 40 on a trade in for big games within a month of release(thought I had seen this previously).
Gamestop is the first place that will always low ball you. Try FB marketplace or offer up. You easily get $40 and up.

Does any1 remember the name of the xbox 360 KINECT game where you can play Pac-Man with your body??

a CAG mentioned it awhile back in this thread iirc, but I couldn't find it.

Does any1 remember the name of the xbox 360 KINECT game where you can play Pac-Man with your body??

a CAG mentioned it awhile back in this thread iirc, but I couldn't find it.
I don't but I definitely remember 360 KINECT being able to detect dead spirits in the room with you

How are games getting bigger and bigger and raking in more money but consumer programs like GCU are gone and there’s little second hand market this gen?

It’s why I bought RDR2 and black ops 4 digitally, since there’s no more discount for buying physical and by the time I’m ready to trade in is 15-20 really worth it?

How are games getting bigger and bigger and raking in more money but consumer programs like GCU are gone and there’s little second hand market this gen?

It’s why I bought RDR2 and black ops 4 digitally, since there’s no more discount for buying physical and by the time I’m ready to trade in is 15-20 really worth it?
The reason programs like GCU are gone is because they aren't profitable. Best Buy was losing money with GCU. Video games do not have much of a profit margin and GCU killed what little profit they'd make on a game sale. The idea of GCU was to get people into Best Buy stores to buy games and hopefully also pick up some other things when stopping in.

Gamestop has the trade-in market cornered as well. Amazon, Best Buy, and others to buy and sell used games to an extent, but they can't compete with Gamestop in terms of promotions and sheer volume offered in Gamestop compared to others.

A lot of people are going digital now and that's great, but for me I can't bring myself to spend $60 on a game that I can't display on my shelf or sell later if I want to. If digital were a bit cheaper though I'd maybe reconsider in some cases. I know I'd love to have Blackout (that's the name to me now) digital so I didn't have to swap discs, but I was able to get the game physically for like $8 after trading in a couple of games.

The switch has made me heavily consider going full digital for that platform. I'll stick with physical for X1 and PS4 since I rarely just pick up and play random games on those.

Gamestop has the trade-in market cornered as well. Amazon, Best Buy, and others to buy and sell used games to an extent, but they can't compete with Gamestop in terms of promotions and sheer volume offered in Gamestop compared to others.
I used to trade in a fair amount of games / electronics to all three (Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop) but both Amazon and Best Buy seem to have really reduced their trade-in programs in the past year or so. Amazon doesn't even have trade-in values on a lot of games any more.

A note to everyone that got the RDR2 PS4 Pro bundle, make sure you check your paperwork for the 20% off code, is good until March 2019, with Black Friday coming up might be a good combination.

I used to trade in a fair amount of games / electronics to all three (Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop) but both Amazon and Best Buy seem to have really reduced their trade-in programs in the past year or so. Amazon doesn't even have trade-in values on a lot of games any more.
They are smart to pull it back. Gamestop's main source of profit comes from buying and selling used games, consoles, and accessories. The same cannot be said for the other retailers. Gamestop is benefiting the most from programs like GCU going away.

A note to everyone that got the RDR2 PS4 Pro bundle, make sure you check your paperwork for the 20% off code, is good until March 2019, with Black Friday coming up might be a good combination.
What's the exact date? 2/28/19? Or in March?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back