2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kroger shoppers might have a targeted digital coupon offer to get 200 bonus fuel points with the purchase of any GameStop gift card over $10 at Kroger. I can't link to it because it says "BEST-CUSTOMER BONUS" on it, and the only way to see it is to log in to view the digital coupons on your Kroger account. Once added to your card, the offer expires on 11/5. Not a bad deal if you were planning on buying something at GameStop soon anyway.

Edit: it looks like this offer only pops up for repeat purchases of gift card types that you've bought in the past. But it's the first time that I've noticed it.

My preorder for Smash randomly disappeared from the preorder page in my app. I called customer service and they said the order is still listed as open and valid, but it just seems strange for it to be gone (My Playstation Classic order is still there). Does anyone have any experience with this?

My preorder for Smash randomly disappeared from the preorder page in my app. I called customer service and they said the order is still listed as open and valid, but it just seems strange for it to be gone (My Playstation Classic order is still there). Does anyone have any experience with this?
This is a common occurrence with the app, website will show what preorders you have.

I wouldn't expect trade in values to be good for the next couple of months. We are now into holiday season which means games will be on sale and b2g1 sales that will happen soon.

Ended up listing four games on EBay that I was waiting to trade at GS. All four sold within 12 hours and I made much more of a profit after fees/shipping than I would have at GS...sad times.

I’ve never seen such trashy values

This is a sign GameStop is on the ropes and may not be around much longer
That’s extreme. That doesn’t mean anything

If anything it means they’re making more money on used sales. So how does more money = not doing well

They have a whole market cornered. It’s delusional to think they will go away anytime soon. Heck they were ahead of other retailers in adding toys and collectibles which is a smart business move to adapt to a changing market

I'll be slowly working my credit down to something more manageable...

Should I get a PS Pro,,,no 4k tv yet but hear its runs cooler and more efficient 

Should I get a PS Pro,,,no 4k tv yet but hear its runs cooler and more efficient
If you already have a PS4 that’s a waste of money. Your better off getting a nice 4K tv so you are ready for next gen or buy ps4 pro/x1x down the line

That’s extreme. That doesn’t mean anything

If anything it means they’re making more money on used sales. So how does more money = not doing well

They have a whole market cornered. It’s delusional to think they will go away anytime soon. Heck they were ahead of other retailers in adding toys and collectibles which is a smart business move to adapt to a changing market
What market? The trade market? Because that’s what gives GameStop its identity. With trash values no one wants to trade, which makes GameStop no different than any other storefront. In Which Amazon and Walmart do it better.

You are saying they are making more money, I’m saying they NEED more money to stay afloat.

Values dropped on the day of the release of Red Dead 2. Trade values plummet while, prices remain the same. None of this is just a coincidence. This was a calculated move, for extra funds.

Elite Pro being axed because they were losing money, shoddy website coding with glitches galore losing them money. Executives leaving left and right.

I don’t know how you think any of the above translates to GameStop doing “good” by any means

I think I’m going to trade my one s for $175 and buy the one s with nba 2k19 and Red Dead for $259. Kinda want both games and my controller is getting a year plus old. So $85 for 2 games and another year warranty. I would almost do the the x but......can’t decide.

I think I’m going to trade my one s for $175 and buy the one s with nba 2k19 and Red Dead for $259. Kinda want both games and my controller is getting a year plus old. So $85 for 2 games and another year warranty. I would almost do the the x but......can’t decide.
Hate you missed out on the $250 trade in. I traded in my XBox One S 500 GB for $250 to upgrade back to the XBox One and also did the Red Dead 2 deal getting an additional $100 off (or $40 if you count buying RDR2).

The longer you wait, the worse they'll get. It isn't likely that we'll get a good bonus anytime soon. And gone are the days of getting $40+ for titles.
There are plenty of other ways to sell though. Facebook, Craigslist, Offerup and Letgo. As well as Ebay if you don't mind them getting a cut and dealing with shipping.

The only way I could see someone selling to Gamestop right now at these lousy values is if they have absolutely no patience and/or don't want to meet anyone.

I did this on Thursday and used a $15 cert which brought the price of the xbox down to $185 so I ended up paying $245 plus tax for the xbox one s bundle with nba 2k19 and red dead 2. Now I'm just waiting for my $10 for purchasing red dead 2.

That's basically me. I don't like dealing with buyers, so I don't mind eating a few bucks for the convenience. Plus I get points too.
That’s me too. I would try to deal with eBay but too many horror stories on getting screwed I would rather not deal with. GameStop to me is so much easier if they have decent TIVs.

That's basically me. I don't like dealing with buyers, so I don't mind eating a few bucks for the convenience. Plus I get points too.
I haven't had too many issues with this sort of thing, however, I haven't tested pretty much any of the games I bought used from GS (as I was hoping to just boomerang them). I would feel uneasy selling games and hoping that they all work flawlessly.

There are plenty of other ways to sell though. Facebook, Craigslist, Offerup and Letgo. As well as Ebay if you don't mind them getting a cut and dealing with shipping.

The only way I could see someone selling to Gamestop right now at these lousy values is if they have absolutely no patience and/or don't want to meet anyone.
Honestly i have had pretty good luck selling on Facebook market place. I have sold a few new release titles easy for $45 each. Of course i do deal with a handful of people who will ghost you after they ask if you item is available or the occasional will meet up and they never show. Luckily where i meet up is only about 5 mins from my house.

That feel when you finally manage to snag a used copy of RDR2, got to use a 20% off birthday coupon on it, AND the pre-order codes were unredeemed.

Would have only been better if I could have gotten the $10 credit for buying the game too

EDIT: Maybe my luck isn't there....stupid data disc is erroring out on install after like 20 minutes

That feel when you finally manage to snag a used copy of RDR2, got to use a 20% off birthday coupon on it, AND the pre-order codes were unredeemed.

Would have only been better if I could have gotten the $10 credit for buying the game too

EDIT: Maybe my luck isn't there....stupid data disc is erroring out on install after like 20 minutes
There's a big topic about this on reddit. You may still be in luck. Just make sure the disc is perfectly clean, and some people have a few tips on getting it to work as well if the disc looks fine. https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/9rkvrc/install_error_from_physical_disc_ps4_pro/

I think you're thinking of the slim model which runs on less electricity. The PS4 pro depends on the model. The later models actually run hotter but quieter. Not a complete waste of money on a non-4k tv as it does still produce a cleaner image and better frame rates on certain games, but you certainly not using it to its full potential.

If you have money to burn and want the best experience possible... then by all means get a PS4 pro, a 4k TV, and SSD hard drive upgrade.

Honestly i have had pretty good luck selling on Facebook market place. I have sold a few new release titles easy for $45 each. Of course i do deal with a handful of people who will ghost you after they ask if you item is available or the occasional will meet up and they never show. Luckily where i meet up is only about 5 mins from my house.
Same. I usually find legit buyers within a few days after getting some lowball offers. I don't even respond to those anymore though. I've had 2 people no show. And I did have 1 woman show up and begged me to take $20 less than what was agreed to because she was "buying it for her baby" lol. I told her that wasn't my problem and drove off.

There's a big topic about this on reddit. You may still be in luck. Just make sure the disc is perfectly clean, and some people have a few tips on getting it to work as well if the disc looks fine. https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/9rkvrc/install_error_from_physical_disc_ps4_pro/
Thanks for posting this. Saw that some people returned their games and got new ones without having issues. Some stores pulled the defective games, but the used defective games will flood the pre owned market (GS, FBMP, CL, Ebay).

Should I trade in my Xbox One 1TB for $125 and get a PS4 Pro with RDR2 for $399.99? 

Should I trade in my Xbox One 1TB for $125 and get a PS4 Pro with RDR2 for $399.99?
No. Just get the Spiderman PS4 bundle for $199 on black Friday. Keep your Xbox and you'll have access to both console's libraries and save $75 from getting scammed.

Thanks, wiping the disc off seemed to solve the problem. Even though it looked clean I guess there was a smudge or scuff on it
Awesome! Glad to hear it worked out. Seems crazy that the tiniest of marks could cause so many issues. Maybe because it's entirely an install disc? I'm curious as to how widespread the problem is. Especially for the general consumer who just assumes the game is defective and returns a copy that actually works.

I'm sure this has been covered, but how long after pick-up of RDR 2 (picked up my pre-order on 11/1) does the $10 in rewards cash show up in my account?

I'm sure this has been covered, but how long after pick-up of RDR 2 (picked up my pre-order on 11/1) does the $10 in rewards cash show up in my account?
I believe it showed up the next day or day after for me. Saving mine in case there is something I want on pro day. If not I'm gonna get ps network credit.

Was it in Active Offers, or did it just show up as an extra 10,000 PUR points in your account? I get the sinking feeling I'm going to have to call...

Was it in Active Offers, or did it just show up as an extra 10,000 PUR points in your account? I get the sinking feeling I'm going to have to call...
I purchased it on 11/1 as well and haven't received anything. I'm planning on calling tomorrow if it doesn't pop up in my active offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back