2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
it was obviously an error in the first place, if being much higher than the price of the game didnt tip you off

the price adjustment amazing spidey got is the new price marvel's spider-man has

Spider-Man is a fairly short and easy game.
I'm not surprised the TIV isn't great for it. The value will only drop harder with it being available in BF bundles.
Reading a few pages back will help. It looks like people aren't referring to the latest Spider-Man game, but an older Wii version.

FWIW - An employee on the GS reddit says that he was told by their DL that the next Prestige Day is Dec. 8th. 

Is it worth trading in my base ps4 ($175) to get the ps4 pro 1 tb/red dead bundle ($400)?

The bundle includes a physical copy + it seems like selling a base ps4 privately wouldn't yield more than 200.

I've got a launch PS4 (collecting dust b/c of PS4 Pro now) w/ an upgraded 1TB HD.  Anyone know how GS handles these when the storage is more than the SKU shows?  Do you think now is the best TIV I'll get for it?  Thx for input.

I've got a launch PS4 (collecting dust b/c of PS4 Pro now) w/ an upgraded 1TB HD. Anyone know how GS handles these when the storage is more than the SKU shows? Do you think now is the best TIV I'll get for it? Thx for input.
Ususally we just take them in as a standard 500gb system. But, some stores might not take it in at all since it's not factory hd. YMMV.

41zmwWT.jpg

The part that says "Package for new product must be unopened" implies preowned items are already open and will be returned no questions asked.

Edit: Also, "Any product purchased"

Check the bottom of your receipt. Gamestop employees don't always know everything.

https://www.gamestop.com/collection/holiday-hub

GIFT GIVERS GUARANTEE
Any product purchased between October 21 and December 24, 2018 may be returned with receipt by January 15, 2019.

Product must be in resale condition. Package for new product must be unopened.

41zmwWT.jpg

The part that says "Package for new product must be unopened" implies preowned items are already open and will be returned no questions asked.

Edit: Also, "Any product purchased"
GREAT! I'm thrilled to have been misinformed! I was merely reporting what a GS employee told me. I hadn't read the receipt since I don't intend to return anything. My reading comprehension is just fine, thanks.

I've got a launch PS4 (collecting dust b/c of PS4 Pro now) w/ an upgraded 1TB HD. Anyone know how GS handles these when the storage is more than the SKU shows? Do you think now is the best TIV I'll get for it? Thx for input.
I remember trading in a ps4 slim 1TB and a regular ps4 500GB a few months ago at different stores and they gave me $225 for each. I tried to use the 500 million code which gave a $50 extra trade in but didn't work. (They didn't say or ask about the hard drive space.) Also to note if you have a ps4 box, don't put the system in the box as Gamestop just throws them away. Just put the console and cables in a garbage bag. I mean the box might be a hassle to keep around but you can get $10-15 for it on ebay if you sell them. Your stores might have a different process so just a heads up. For them to not ask too many questions, just make sure you clean the console so it doesn't look dirty. It'll take Gamestop maybe 20 minutes to do the trade in.

Are GS employees going to give you a hard time for "renting" games? I know that you can only return 4 games per 30 rolling days. I would buy the games without using my elite pro but they keep track of your returns using your ID now.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Are GS employees going to give you a hard time for "renting" games?

Just because the policy says you can return it doesn’t mean the store has to honor that policy. They can legally deny anything for pretty much no reason.

So if you go into a GameStop every week to return a game you “didn’t like” and take home a different one, yes eventually they will stop letting you do that.

That said, they are very big on getting you to “buy it now, and if you don’t like it bring it back” sales pitch.

And in case this isn’t clear, this is only used games.

Are GS employees going to give you a hard time for "renting" games? I know that you can only return 4 games per 30 rolling days. I would buy the games without using my elite pro but they keep track of your returns using your ID now.
Where did you hear this about only being able to return 4 games in 30 days? I've returned more than 4 many times in the past and never had an issue.

Trade in of four copies of the same game.

Where did you hear this about only being able to return 4 games in 30 days? I've returned more than 4 many times in the past and never had an issue.
You can but you might get banned. I'm just being cautious. It was in the FAQ of a previous GS thread.

Absolutely they can give you a hard time.
It can result in a loss of sales of you are renting a game that someone would buy.
That being said I usually look the other way if you are a pro member.

Not sure if it’s been discussed but I saw a Pro Day weekend sign at my local store. Wasn’t going in so I didn’t get a good look.

Is it worth trading in my base ps4 ($175) to get the gamestop ps4 pro 1 tb/red dead bundle ($400)?

The bundle includes a physical copy + it seems like selling a base ps4 privately wouldn't yield more than 200.

I'm also in that debate stage as to whether or not I should trade my PS4 in for a Pro. I have the Uncharted Trilogy Bundle PS4, do they want the game included with it or doesn't it matter? I'm sure the trade in value for the game is likely something ridiculous like $3 or less. I never even used the black controller that came with the system so it's brand new.

The problem is that if I want to trade it in for Black Friday deals the price of the trade-in will go down. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony comes out with a Pro revision around E3 and probably in a smaller form like the original PS4. When you trade your PS4 in can you hold onto that credit or does it have to be used during the time of the trade-in? Thanks!

I have the Uncharted Trilogy Bundle PS4, do they want the game included with it or doesn't it matter? I'm sure the trade in value for the game is likely something ridiculous like $3 or less. I never even used the black controller that came with the system so it's brand new.
No they don't want the game with the PS4 console. The console trades in separately from a bundle; however, you will need the cables and one controller.

So GameStop new add has used PS4 500GB for $260. They were giving $175 tiv for them that just ended yesterday. That’s a tidy little profit right there! Yes I realize they’re a business and their goal is to make money. Just highlighting the difference.

Pro Day flyer

https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/collection/proday/11_2018/ProDaysFSI.pdf

Reminder that Pro certs don't work on Pro day sales (new games).

Notable mention

Detroit Become Human - $19.99
Detroit Become Human at $19.99 is definitely the star of this ad, though I have to wonder if that is a BF preview price for other stores such as BB.

Another notable mention, they show the picture of the Friday the 13th Ultimate Slasher's Edition Collector's Edition (with the mask) at $19.99 but have the $39.99 price marked through, indicating that the picture is likely a mistake and they should have shown the standard edition. Might be a price match possibility if they honor the ad's picture.

A few other notables, for me anyway:

Invisible Hours (PS4VR) - $9.99

Creed: Rise to Glory (PS4VR) - $19.99

Evil Within 2 (PS4, XB1) - $14.99

Mutant League Football (PS4, Switch, XB1) - $19.99

Pro Day is a whole weekend? Top of the ad says 9th-11th.

For sure picking up Detroit, probably will be the black friday price everywhere. 

The weekly ad has 25% extra for trading in Xbox Wireless Controller. Wonder if that means an Elite controller? 

Personally I'm interested in all preowned dualshock 4's priced at 39.99.  I wonder if elite and pro day's extra 10% bring it under $30?  Might be a good way to pick up some rarer LE controllers if you can find some in decent condition locally.

Undecided about Detroit - seems like a good price but i'm in no rush to play it and this kind of game seems destined for PS+ at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back