2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Detroit, but great price for sure!

Looking to pick up Evil Within 2 for $15 and maybe Injustice 2, $20 with the DLC is pretty solid. 

Part of me wants to trade my white OG Xbox One for the $150, but then I'd need to replace it with another Xbox One and I don't think I am ready to plunge into the One X yet, which is the only thing I'd trade it for right now.

Not too bad of a Pro Day sale, although it's probably just early access to BF sales. I see them repeating a lot of those games and prices during BF.

With that being said, I'm probably going to hold off from this sale. While Detroit would be nice to own, I can see it being $20 at other places on BF, plus it's a game I can probably get through with a couple of free rentals from Redbox (plus the eventual PS+ monthly free game).

So I deserve to be mocked.  Just realized that CAG16 works with Elite Pro discount.  Since when??????  Ever since it did not work with the introduction of Elite Pro, I assumed CAG16 is only usable with Pro account...  Am I the only one who never knew about this change?

Hey guys I’ve got a iPhone 8 256 gb in awesome shape. Trades at GS for $378 cash or credit. Anyone have an opinion if this is as good as it gets or if I should trade it anywhere else? Thx

Hey guys I’ve got a iPhone 8 256 gb in awesome shape. Trades at GS for $378 cash or credit. Anyone have an opinion if this is as good as it gets or if I should trade it anywhere else? Thx
im not sure if its a good value, but cash is same as credit with electronics right now, so trade in wise, getting that cash, seems pretty good.

So dumb that certs don't work on pro day. That red dead cert is expiring soon and Detroit is the only game I'd want to use it on. Question: Anyone know if certs work on consoles during pro day? I'd like to buy that smash switch bundle but only if I can use some big discount certs.

So dumb that certs don't work on pro day. That red dead cert is expiring soon and Detroit is the only game I'd want to use it on. Question: Anyone know if certs work on consoles during pro day? I'd like to buy that smash switch bundle but only if I can use some big discount certs.
Hmmm. I remember them working for me.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I feel like this has been answered before but I can't find confirmation. Could I, based on past trade deals, bring in a VCR X1 and a PS4 original for a combined $350 ($150 and $200 respectively) off a new PS4 Pro RDR2 bundle on Pro weekend? A guy near me is letting them both go cheap so I might buy both if I can double my money towards the bundle.

So I deserve to be mocked. Just realized that CAG16 works with Elite Pro discount. Since when?????? Ever since it did not work with the introduction of Elite Pro, I assumed CAG16 is only usable with Pro account... Am I the only one who never knew about this change?
...it happened a few months back, it probably isn't talked about because the more people that know about it (by posting it on this thread) & use it, the more likely that it'll be removed.

I feel like this has been answered before but I can't find confirmation. Could I, based on past trade deals, bring in a VCR X1 and a PS4 original for a combined $350 ($150 and $200 respectively) off a new PS4 Pro RDR2 bundle on Pro weekend? A guy near me is letting them both go cheap so I might buy both if I can double my money towards the bundle.
someone said as long as they are different values they stack, some said it required an override. bottom line you only lose $25 if they dont both stack, so it might be worth it anyway. $175 for ps4 and $125 xbox 1 base value right now.

someone said as long as they are different values they stack, some said it required an override. bottom line you only lose $25 if they dont both stack, so it might be worth it anyway. $175 for ps4 and $125 xbox 1 base value right now.
The different values thing didn't work last X1X promo (the one last week?) like it did before... So folks will most likely need a manual override.

Finally got around to finishing Hoirizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition, but its TiV kept dropping this past week. Not unexpected, given the oversaturation of Sony first-party/exclusive games out there, such as GoW and Spidy.

I used my $10 reward certificate from red dead on a $10 PSN card. It worked with no override in case anybody doesn’t have a game if they are looking for in the sale

Hmmm. I remember them working for me.

Same I thought the certs were fine back in Feb/March unless it wasn’t a pro day sale.

Anyway all you have to do is show them it’s not working and they’ll override no problem.

I would suggest maybe having them ring up one game you plan on using certs on to show them.

Employees dont usually know the sale price and automatically think 9.99 is the price of shadow of war after $10 certs when it should be free.

I don't think it's that the certs don't work, it's just that they come off whatever regular price is and then if there is still a difference between how much the cert took off and the discount, it deducts that difference (for example if God of War is $39.99 regular price and you use a $5 coupon, it takes $5 off and then deducts another $5 as a discount). Should work fine on non-sale items.

Anyone have any info if GS will be offering a bonus trade in deal for consoles anytime soon? Have the original BattleFront Darth Vader console and was tempted to trade it towards a Pro.

On the app I have saved "guaranteed" trade values of $20 for Far Cry 5 XB1, and $22.50 for Lego Marvel 2 XB1.  The website shows each is worth about $7.  What's going to be the scenario when I go into the store later, just to prepare myself?

On the app I have saved "guaranteed" trade values of $20 for Far Cry 5 XB1, and $22.50 for Lego Marvel 2 XB1. The website shows each is worth about $7. What's going to be the scenario when I go into the store later, just to prepare myself?
Disappointment

On the app I have saved "guaranteed" trade values of $20 for Far Cry 5 XB1, and $22.50 for Lego Marvel 2 XB1. The website shows each is worth about $7. What's going to be the scenario when I go into the store later, just to prepare myself?
Would you like $7 store credit or $5 cash? Would you like to pre-order anything?

laughter, lots of laughter
Disappointment
Would you like $7 store credit or $5 cash? Would you like to pre-order anything?

mshckd.gif

For anyone who preordered the Pokémon Switch, are y’all planning to do a return/rebuy in order to trade an old Switch or to use trade credit? I’ve never done this so I’m not sure how it works.

I'm also in that debate stage as to whether or not I should trade my PS4 in for a Pro. I have the Uncharted Trilogy Bundle PS4, do they want the game included with it or doesn't it matter? I'm sure the trade in value for the game is likely something ridiculous like $3 or less. I never even used the black controller that came with the system so it's brand new.

The problem is that if I want to trade it in for Black Friday deals the price of the trade-in will go down. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony comes out with a Pro revision around E3 and probably in a smaller form like the original PS4. When you trade your PS4 in can you hold onto that credit or does it have to be used during the time of the trade-in? Thanks!
I've got the same dilemma do I dump my PS4 fat for a pro... No 4k TV yet

I see this argument against getting the Pro all the time on here, and I wonder why no one knows about supersampling, which is a big deal for playing the PS4 Pro on an HD tv. There are also the benefits to higher/consistent frame rates on certain games. Not having a 4K tv is not a deal breaker by any means.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-ps4-pro-super-sampling-tested-big-boosts-for-1080p-users

I don't have a 4K TV (Still rocking a 1080p plasma) and I'm glad I upgraded to the PS4 Pro last year. A lot of the "Pro Enhanced" games will still give you a benefit on 1080p (such as supersampling, higher FPS cap, better graphics, etc.). Some games have multiple options (like FF XV) and some games turn the options on automatically. I have found that some games load slightly faster (for example, my co-op Diablo 3 games seem to load ~2-3 seconds faster than my co-op partners, but that could just be coincidence).

I also use remote play sometimes on PC, which gives the option of 1080p with the PS4 Pro. And, of course, PSVR runs at higher graphical fidelity with the Pro.

If you don't have a 4K TV, I suggest just getting the 1TB Slim PS4. We don't know when the PS5 will come out but it will be in the next few years. The PS4 slim does everything better than the regular PS4 but the slim looks and feels cheap compared to the regular PS4. I would say when you get a 4K TV, then get the PS4 Pro by then it'll be discounted. Japan just recently announced a 2TB PS4 Pro for the regular Pro price but it hasn't made it to the States yet. Plus the new Pro models now have the same power cord as the PS4 slim. I see people saying Red Dead 2 has amazing graphics but if the game sucks, who cares how it looks. Don't get hyped by others saying this and that is better. Some people say the Pro is hard to find and if the console breaks, it'll be even harder to repair.

If you don't have a 4K TV, I suggest just getting the 1TB Slim PS4. We don't know when the PS5 will come out but it will be in the next few years. The PS4 slim does everything better than the regular PS4 but the slim looks and feels cheap compared to the regular PS4. I would say when you get a 4K TV, then get the PS4 Pro by then it'll be discounted. Japan just recently announced a 2TB PS4 Pro for the regular Pro price but it hasn't made it to the States yet. Plus the new Pro models now have the same power cord as the PS4 slim. I see people saying Red Dead 2 has amazing graphics but if the game sucks, who cares how it looks. Don't get hyped by others saying this and that is better. Some people say the Pro is hard to find and if the console breaks, it'll be even harder to repair.
Lol RDR2 by no means “sucks”. YMMV because games are subjective but it’s very good. Makes some design calls not everyone will like but it does those for a reason

I see this argument against getting the Pro all the time on here, and I wonder why no one knows about supersampling, which is a big deal for playing the PS4 Pro on an HD tv. There are also the benefits to higher/consistent frame rates on certain games. Not having a 4K tv is not a deal breaker by any means.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-ps4-pro-super-sampling-tested-big-boosts-for-1080p-users
Thanks for that I heard it and the slim run more efficiently than the fat.

I don't think it's that the certs don't work, it's just that they come off whatever regular price is and then if there is still a difference between how much the cert took off and the discount, it deducts that difference (for example if God of War is $39.99 regular price and you use a $5 coupon, it takes $5 off and then deducts another $5 as a discount). Should work fine on non-sale items.
So is there basically no point to saving my points for Black Friday to use on new items?

I too recently upgraded to a Pro and I can say it does make the games with super sampling a tad nicer looking. Unfortunately, Best Buy is the only place with a 4K TV for under $200, but you can bet your ass everyone and their grandmother is going straight for that tv come 5pm.

So is there basically no point to saving my points for Black Friday to use on new items?
You can use your PUR certs on BF, it's just on Pro Day sales in the ad that don't work. I have used a $50 cert on a PS4 BF bundle a few years ago with no problems.

Was there any sort of discount on rewards certificates last year for Black Friday? I have lots of points stockpiled but I figure it's probably worth waiting at this point just in case.

Was there any sort of discount on rewards certificates last year for Black Friday? I have lots of points stockpiled but I figure it's probably worth waiting at this point just in case.
There wasn't on last Black Friday/Cyber Monday, at least from what I remember.

Detroit Become Human at $19.99 is definitely the star of this ad, though I have to wonder if that is a BF preview price for other stores such as BB.

Another notable mention, they show the picture of the Friday the 13th Ultimate Slasher's Edition Collector's Edition (with the mask) at $19.99 but have the $39.99 price marked through, indicating that the picture is likely a mistake and they should have shown the standard edition. Might be a price match possibility if they honor the ad's picture.

A few other notables, for me anyway:

Invisible Hours (PS4VR) - $9.99

Creed: Rise to Glory (PS4VR) - $19.99

Evil Within 2 (PS4, XB1) - $14.99

Mutant League Football (PS4, Switch, XB1) - $19.99
Mutant Football League is a fun game. Most sports games listed seem to be within $5 of what their Black Friday price will be. Screw it, I'll grab NHL now since no one seems to want to go down to $25 bucks with it. Not sure why it drew the short straw for being the least discounted sports game on BF.

it didn't happen last year (i did the same thing you're doing) and with all the cutbacks on TIV promos so far this year, i'd say there's even less chance. if you see a good reason to use your points before BF, go for it.

I had no idea the trade credit save option was a complete fabrication. I was updating my saved value daily until I noticed it drop from $11 to $10. I updated first thing in the morning and it was still $10. It literally says under the value "expires today" and to show it to employee. Took it in, the manager was at the counter, and he told me the current value was $8. Where it says "expires today," he said that means it's expired. Even though I updated another one in front of him that said the same thing. Then he explained they change the value multiple times of day, so you can't actually save the "saved" tiv. Seems like a crock to me.

There wasn't on last Black Friday/Cyber Monday, at least from what I remember.
Didn't a lot of people get free games though. Like For Honor, World of Final Fantasy, and some other stuff that GS screwed up the prices on shortly before black Friday. My stuff didn't ship, but I think I got 2 $10 rewards certs for the screw up.

Then there was the 4 for $10 online, around that same time, which came out to like $1 game I think it was.

Key thing to remember here is to pay by credit card if possible. GameStop has historically done a bad job on refunding trade credit or gift cards for canceled online purchases.

During last month's last gen b2g1 they canceled one of my orders for insufficient funds (because I used the same gift card on multiple orders, even though the card had enough for all orders). it took them almost two weeks to put the credit back on the card.

I recall similar stories from Gamestop BF last year.

Key thing to remember here is to pay by credit card if possible. GameStop has historically done a bad job on refunding trade credit or gift cards for canceled online purchases.
This happened to me once while buying Xbox Live credit using a gift card. After 2 weeks of no response by email and calls that got me nowhere I just accepted that I wasn't going to get my $20 back. I've just gone in store to buy codes ever since, their customer service is a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back