2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could vomit right now. People were crazy to think that $175 + $25 trade in was going to last. Now PS4's are only worth $140 and with extra $25 it's only $165. I'm so fucking pissed, and what's worse is that this stupid GameStop employee actually told me not to come to the store before closing on Monday night even though they were open later for a game launch.

She said they technically weren't open past 9 even though they were open until 9:30. That makes no sense and now I get no incentive whatsoever and I rushed to deactivate and format my PS4.

I shouldn't have bothered.

3 out of 8 games I bought during the pro sale came opened. Is this normal for gamestop? I don't get why they think this is ok to do, especially when some come with codes that could be used.

I could vomit right now. People were crazy to think that $175 + $25 trade in was going to last. Now PS4's are only worth $140 and with extra $25 it's only $165. I'm so fucking pissed, and what's worse is that this stupid GameStop employee actually told me not to come to the store before closing on Monday night even though they were open later for a game launch.

She said they technically weren't open past 9 even though they were open until 9:30. That makes no sense and now I get no incentive whatsoever and I rushed to deactivate and format my PS4.

I was afraid of that. I hesitated because I didn't want to give up my 2TB HDD. I was going to go in today anyway.

I was one of the crazy fools hoping that the TIV would hold for a few days. Even had the notion to go ahead and format the system last night around 8 pm, and try to rush over and get it done, but I was already had asleep by then.

So, I guess I won’t be trading it in at all. Nothing really wrong with my OG system, but an upgrade would’ve been sweet. Oh well.

On my saved trades it still shows 175 credit that was generated today, did you do that too? Do you think they’ll honor it if you print it out with today’s date?

I figured the PS4 would drop today but just could not get away to go trade in. I’ve already got Spider-Man so I’ll trade that also and actually still come out like at $203. Just wont profit.

Classic Gamestop. Here's a "deal" for more $$$ but we're actually just lowering trade values on everything and the "deal" is equal to or worse than what it was before. Every time....

Other retailers will also have the PS4 Slim for $199.99 on 11/18, since it is a Sony sale. From the PS Blog.

45802515481_e1a7b7cb83_o-755x425.jpg

Honestly tho 165 credit still isn't bad if u plan on buying the new Spiderman bundle. I'm doing it today. Was to busy to go yesterday. I get spiderman, a new 1tb system for 35 plus tax.

Classic Gamestop. Here's a "deal" for more $$$ but we're actually just lowering trade values on everything and the "deal" is equal to or worse than what it was before. Every time....
I thought for sure the $175 + $25 was too good to be true, so I traded in my Xbox One S as soon as I could yesterday. The $175 value was part of a promo for the previous week that was to end on 11/11. I imagine a bunch of people traded in yesterday plus GameStop may have noticed the possible "mistake" for the value and fixed it today. I had heard of values sometimes changing mid-day, not sure if true, so I did not hesitate yesterday.

Considering the upcoming black friday deals, getting $200 trade credit for a PS4 or Xbox One S made no sense.

Quick question. If I issued GS.com online certificate, will I be able to use it in the app? (I'm using the app so I can do pickup order in store). I thought I ask before I try to issue one

mj01hs.jpg

The PS4 Slim 1tb TIV is $175 + $25 extra credit = $200 TIV
They will have the Spiderman PS4 Slim 1tb for $199 + tax on BF (all other retailers are offering this bundle), so you basically get the Spiderman game for free.
Very tempting... Could I live without my PS4 until BF? We we see the TIV drop to $150 after BF?

So collectibles actually makes them a lot of money. You'll notice stores have a large section to it and that's because it constantly does well. Apparently socks and shirts do the best.

Holy cow, the Xbox One S 500gb TIV dropped from $175 to $95! That's crazy for a day. The $175 wasn't part of a promo was it? I'm happy I didn't wait past yesterday. Thanks for the free upgrade GS

Honestly tho 165 credit still isn't bad if u plan on buying the new Spiderman bundle. I'm doing it today. Was to busy to go yesterday. I get spiderman, a new 1tb system for 35 plus tax.
No it's a shit deal now. Yesterday I could have traded in my old system, got a new one with double the storage plus Spider-Man (which I wanted to play) for zero cost. Today I would have to pay $49 extra ($35 for the credit loss, $14 tax) for the bundle, when I could just buy a copy of Spider-Man off eBay or Amazon for the "upgrade fee" and keep my Original launch model.

No it's a shit deal now. Yesterday I could have traded in my old system, got a new one with double the storage plus Spider-Man (which I wanted to play) for zero cost. Today I would have to pay $49 extra ($35 for the credit loss, $14 tax) for the bundle, when I could just buy a copy of Spider-Man off eBay or Amazon for the "upgrade fee" and keep my Original launch model.
Isn’t your original launch model 500gb? You getting a hard drive increase, game and new warranty for $35 plus tax doesn’t seem bad.

The fact that people even expected GS to give 200 for older consoles is bizarre. If you wanted the free upgrade you should of done everything you could to go the first day since it’s obvious it wouldn’t last.

Are Gamestop's Saved Trade Estimates guaranteed like advertised?

Want to trade in my original Xbox One.  This morning, I saved the $125 trade estimate so I could trade it for $125 + $25 bonus = $150.  I now see the trade value is like $90.  Since I saved the $125 estimate to my account, will I still get that value plus the $25 bonus for $150 total or will Gamestop pull some shenanigans?

Want to trade in my original Xbox One. This morning, I saved the $125 trade estimate so I could trade it for $125 + $25 bonus = $150. I now see the trade value is like $90. Since I saved the $125 estimate to my account, will I still get that value plus the $25 bonus for $150 total or will Gamestop pull some shenanigans?
Always assume shenanigans with GameStop.

Want to trade in my original Xbox One. This morning, I saved the $125 trade estimate so I could trade it for $125 + $25 bonus = $150. I now see the trade value is like $90. Since I saved the $125 estimate to my account, will I still get that value plus the $25 bonus for $150 total or will Gamestop pull some shenanigans?
Let me know how this goes. I've got the $175 value saved for my PS4 and hope they honor it later.

But I expect shenanigans.

Yeah, you cant use the double storage when saying its a great deal and then ignore it when you talk about an upgrade fee. Not too mention that the $49 would also give you a brand new system since PS4 came out 5 years ago. $49 for a brand new system, double storage and a game....sounds like a great deal.

It depends. Is the GS manager a family relative?

I haven't had luck a few times with GS even honoring quotes made earlier in the day on games worth less than $30 total, so I doubt it's even worth one's time to try to get a $50+ manager override for an old as hell OG PS4 or X1 trade-in, ESPECIALLY when the trade credit isn't being used to on a new console today, if that would even help.

Guys just wait a few months after Black Friday and the ps4 trade-in will be back to $200 or even more. I traded my ps4 a few months back for $225 and for those who used the 500 million code got an even better deal of $250+ for theirs. Just wait for a good trade-in and don't rush.  

Most likely they will NOT honor this. But try it out and let us know lol

Guys just wait a few months after Black Friday and the ps4 trade-in will be back to $200 or even more. I traded my ps4 a few months back for $225 and for those who used the 500 million code got an even better deal of $250+ for theirs. Just wait for a good trade-in and don't rush.
New PS4's will be back up to $300 which defeats the purpose of what most people here were trying to do.

Yup, definitely shenanigans!

Showed my saved trade in value of $175, valide for 11/13, and the manager was like "California doesn't follow the online trade in value. It's whatever the system says and absolutely nothing I can do to change that."

I mean, I didn't expect much but at least TRY to do something other than give me some BS reason and walk away...

Hey guys I just used my birthday coupon the other day? Is this a one time use now? I know it used to be a generic code that got abused so guessing yes.

I was able to trade in my PS4 for $175 (total, not pre-bonus). When I showed my saved trade value, the employee adjusted it from the $165. I was going to trade anyway, but the $10 bump was nice.

Anybody know if you pay tax in Tennessee on purchases if you use solely trade credit?

I was able to trade in my PS4 for $175 (total, not pre-bonus). When I showed my saved trade value, the employee adjusted it from the $165. I was going to trade anyway, but the $10 bump was nice.

Anybody know if you pay tax in Tennessee on purchases if you use solely trade credit?
yes you pay taxes on credit in Tennessee.

i would like to trade in my OG PS4 for a new PS4, but i still have PT on mine and don't want to lose it

i would like to trade in my OG PS4 for a new PS4, but i still have PT on mine and don't want to lose it
I switched from my OG PS4 to a slim PS4 last year and was able to transfer PT over. Don't remember how, but there's guides out there. Do remember it was pretty straight forward and easy

Went to a second gamestop and they were able to adjust the trade in value to total of $200 for OG ps4.

They were confused to the trade in value difference but decided to honor the $175 quote. They did have to check with customer service and DM to process the adjustment though, which neither gave a fuss about because the quote is live and valid.

I was also able to get the price adjusted up to $200 as well.  I said I had made the quote this morning (which I had, at like 2AM) and they did it after verifying I was actually in the GS app showing the quote.

They did, however, make it seem like they were doing this as a good will gesture, instead of following an actual policy... but either way, I got the credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back