2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the Spiderman CE I bought didn't give the $10 rewards cash like it did for the basic version? That's pretty messed up.

Is the $25 extra console trade-in credit still available? I saw someone's screenshot it's until 12/2/18 but I can't find it anywhere on the website.

Anyone link me please? 

I think $165 is still a decent deal for the trade-in even though $200 is better. Hoping to swap out my OG ps4 for the slim. thanks! 

edit: nvm i see it doh 

That is literally the first time I have ever seen anyone report that they honored the saved value. They are notorious for denying them all.

And TIV can definitely be adjusted, even here in CA, because they've done it for me before. But it's one of those "You better have a damn good reason" things for the employees, so most of them will never do it.
I had called multiple stores to confirm the $175 TIV for PS4 systems across the board, and this was before even knowing about the +$25 trade in bonus that was just added. Anyone who traded in their system on Monday made bank on the trade-in, and thanks to an idiot employee basically refusing me service before I even got to the store is a big issue. I talked to another employee at the store and she said I should have just come in without calling, but I had to be sure I would make it in time. Being on the phone screwed that for me seconded by the person basically telling me not to bring my system in.

So the employee had to contact her store lead which is basically the manager and he only authorized an additional $10 to bring it up to $175 and that was with the bonus credit. Basically I was screwed out of the promotion credit the way it should have been. I called GameStop Customer Service to report the issue and hopefully there will be some better outcome since I lost value on my trade because of an employee.

On the somewhat plus side I was trading in a Glacier White DS4 but that was only worth $18, so the Black DS4 (old style) was used as the trade-in and it was brand new anyway since I never used it. The trade price for the Black DS4 was $20 but the employee bumped it up to $25 probably since it was never used. This way the Glacier White DS4 gets included with the system I traded. I never used the Wired Headset that came with the PS4 and apparently people never seem to have them when they trade the system in. That was a measly $5 credit but at least it was something in addition.

I had called multiple stores to confirm the $175 TIV for PS4 systems across the board, and this was before even knowing about the +$25 trade in bonus that was just added. Anyone who traded in their system on Monday made bank on the trade-in, and thanks to an idiot employee basically refusing me service before I even got to the store is a big issue. I talked to another employee at the store and she said I should have just come in without calling, but I had to be sure I would make it in time. Being on the phone screwed that for me seconded by the person basically telling me not to bring my system in.

So the employee had to contact her store lead which is basically the manager and he only authorized an additional $10 to bring it up to $175 and that was with the bonus credit. Basically I was screwed out of the promotion credit the way it should have been. I called GameStop Customer Service to report the issue and hopefully there will be some better outcome since I lost value on my trade because of an employee.

On the somewhat plus side I was trading in a Glacier White DS4 but that was only worth $18, so the Black DS4 (old style) was used as the trade-in and it was brand new anyway since I never used it. The trade price for the Black DS4 was $20 but the employee bumped it up to $25 probably since it was never used. This way the Glacier White DS4 gets included with the system I traded. I never used the Wired Headset that came with the PS4 and apparently people never seem to have them when they trade the system in. That was a measly $5 credit but at least it was something in addition.
The DS4 was bumped to $25 because of an promotion of an additional 25% on all dualshock 4 and xb1 controllers untill 11/23, the employees will never increase value based on condition.

It's a bummer that you weren't able to trade your console on Monday but honestly I never bother calling about that stuff, just bring it on in. I have noticed employees hate trading in consoles because of how time consuming bit can be but if their manager knew they turned away a trade in they'd be furious. I've shown up 5 minutes before closing with a console to trade and they did it. Of course I apologized but I was racing after work and that was the soonest I could get there. In this instance the trade value dropped $50 the next day and I would have been SOL if I didn't bring it in. Never trust GameStop's values to hold and don't get caught holding the bag.

The DS4 was bumped to $25 because of an promotion of an additional 25% on all dualshock 4 and xb1 controllers untill 11/23, the employees will never increase value based on condition.

It's a bummer that you weren't able to trade your console on Monday but honestly I never bother calling about that stuff, just bring it on in. I have noticed employees hate trading in consoles because of how time consuming bit can be but if their manager knew they turned away a trade in they'd be furious. I've shown up 5 minutes before closing with a console to trade and they did it. Of course I apologized but I was racing after work and that was the soonest I could get there. In this instance the trade value dropped $50 the next day and I would have been SOL if I didn't bring it in. Never trust GameStop's values to hold and don't get caught holding the bag.
Damn, and here I thought the controller being unused was a benefit. The odd thing about Monday was that the store was open later and I was still told not to come in. I had already formatted the system and Tuesday when I took it in they ran the testing process for everything, and again they went into Initialization which would have saved me a ton of time on Monday. I didn't know they clear the system out again during testing. Had I known I would have been there in plenty of time but I wanted to be sure to format the system fully.

Damn, and here I thought the controller being unused was a benefit. The odd thing about Monday was that the store was open later and I was still told not to come in. I had already formatted the system and Tuesday when I took it in they ran the testing process for everything, and again they went into Initialization which would have saved me a ton of time on Monday. I didn't know they clear the system out again during testing. Had I known I would have been there in plenty of time but I wanted to be sure to format the system fully.
Don't believe them!
Don’t trust them!

Came out of my stockroom ad some dude was arguing with my part time employee about the trade value.
I honered the past trade value for him. He was being so rude to my employee that I probably shouldn't have though.

I think that for PS4 consoles, you can remotely deactivate the system, but it has to be all systems on your account. For Xbox One, you can't remotely remove your account, but you can change your Microsoft account password and this will effectively remote deactivate as the console will need to re-login to access anything.

After doing my trade-in of my Xbox One S, I checked my Microsoft account and it was still listed under my device list. They may just not have gotten to resetting it yet, but to be certain I reset my password. They would still need to know my Pin in order to purchase anything and whatever.

Deactivate PlayStation Consoles Via Website: https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Deactivate-PlayStation-Consoles-Via-Website?language=en_US

Can I remove a Microsoft account remotely?: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/add-remove-account-xbox-one#eb900a6b8b66463bb2d430331af58552

I think that for PS4 consoles, you can remotely deactivate the system, but it has to be all systems on your account. For Xbox One, you can't remotely remove your account, but you can change your Microsoft account password and this will effectively remote deactivate as the console will need to re-login to access anything.
I always make sure to deactivate my account before trading in, but I logged into my PSN account and I still have 2 PS3s still activated. I traded them in more than 5 years ago.

I was checking the reward center, and it seems there is no more option to issue certificate for GS.com

After doing my trade-in of my Xbox One S, I checked my Microsoft account and it was still listed under my device list. They may just not have gotten to resetting it yet, but to be certain I reset my password. They would still need to know my Pin in order to purchase anything and whatever.

Deactivate PlayStation Consoles Via Website: https://support.playstation.com/s/article/Deactivate-PlayStation-Consoles-Via-Website?language=en_US

Can I remove a Microsoft account remotely?: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/add-remove-account-xbox-one#eb900a6b8b66463bb2d430331af58552
I did the quick reset on my console Monday after work. I didn't think I would have enough time to do the longer reset. Something flashed on the screen about deactivating it from my account. I sort of missed what it said. I did check after the quick reset and from the console it would let me set it to my primary console. It is also gone from the website as well. All I currently have left is a Playstation TV under my devices.

Maybe they finally got smart and added that to the wipe/reset procedure. Obviously you would need to be online when you do that for it to work.

The values dropped on almost all consoles across the board, i dont think we will be seeing too many deals from here until christmas for tradeins, but i hope im wrong.

Booo. Resident Evil Collection for the Switch doesn't include 2 if you buy it used. Didn't see that but it's on the product page. Didn't think it wouldn't include a game to even look out for.

Time to return it I guess. Sucks the sale is over so can't get something else.

For me, it was awarded in points (I bought the regular version), not the same as the RDR2 promo for "cash".
Yeah I didn't get that either. I guess I'll call CS but I wouldn't hold my breath. Crazy that you wouldn't get it for spending 3x the price lol

3 out of 8 games I bought during the pro sale came opened. Is this normal for gamestop? I don't get why they think this is ok to do, especially when some come with codes that could be used.
Two out of two for me. One was Star Wars BFII and as long as the code works I'm ok with it. But the other game wasn't for me so it's going back for an exchange.

The values dropped on almost all consoles across the board, i dont think we will be seeing too many deals from here until christmas for tradeins, but i hope im wrong.
How good are the console trade-in deals usually during the holidays? I'm about to get an original Xbox One for free from someone who has an extra. I'd like to upgrade to the One S bundle for $75 or less. I assume the One S bundles will be available for $200 throughout the holiday season rather than just BF.

Shouldve traded them earlier considering the universal price drop of the Xbox One S during the Holidays. TIV will likely remain low until we reach Early 2019. 

Booo. Resident Evil Collection for the Switch doesn't include 2 if you buy it used. Didn't see that but it's on the product page. Didn't think it wouldn't include a game to even look out for.

Time to return it I guess. Sucks the sale is over so can't get something else.
Yes, that's been the trend for Capcom re-releases. Using a tiny cart for the small game and making you download a 26GB game.

Red Dead 2 got bumped up to $32 base trade in which is kind of odd since it doesn't look like any other game got a bump.

So. Anybody live near a gamestop that has a Bioshock collection 10th aniversary in stock? PM me if you're willing to buy and ship me one. Prefer xbox, but either gets me the statue. The one I was watching someone bought right before it dropped price..

So. Anybody live near a gamestop that has a Bioshock collection 10th aniversary in stock? PM me if you're willing to buy and ship me one. Prefer xbox, but either gets me the statue. The one I was watching someone bought right before it dropped price..
none in my area, sorry.

I bought a PS4 one several months ago for around $150. Strangely, it showed OOS everywhere, yet the GameStop closest to me actually had one in-stock. Checked prices on eBay while in-store and decided to pick it up. At the time, I think it was selling for 300-400 or more, but looks to be going for about 200-220 for the most part. I still haven't opened mine up, but probably won't sell it.

Have you asked your local GS guys to try to track you down one and get it transferred? That's how I got one the week they dropped in price. Statue is worth it IMO if you're a big Bioshock fan.

I did, but they only looked 100 miles out.
There's 1 PS4 in Austin, TX (78745).

Also 3 Xbox One in New York state, (10451, 07866, 11755).

You could try giving them one of those zip codes and have them contact the store to ship it. YMMV on that as it's up to the sending store to send it or not. I've only had it work once for me.

Top tier Switch games also got a bump from $22 base TIV to $27 base TIV.
Ooh, nice. Thanks for the heads up. Still have to do a couple tasks for the epic quest, and this will help out big time.

There's 1 PS4 in Austin, TX (78745).

Also 3 Xbox One in New York state, (10451, 07866, 11755).

You could try giving them one of those zip codes and have them contact the store to ship it. YMMV on that as it's up to the sending store to send it or not. I've only had it work once for me.
How are you guys checking stock?

Edit:
Thought for some reason you couldn't check stock for that game earlier. Guess I was wrong.

Anyone know if there will be a deal on collectibles for online purchases on BF?

There are a couple of the micro arcades I can't find locally anywhere (WM or Target included). They are $30 each right now...

I’d let you know if GS would release their damn BF ad already. Literally less than a week from now and it’s still not out I’m interested in their collectible sales most and would like to plan. I know they are usually last to release their ads but I’m certain they have never waited this long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back