2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh, nice. Thanks for the heads up. Still have to do a couple tasks for the epic quest, and this will help out big time.

How are you guys checking stock?

Edit:
Thought for some reason you couldn't check stock for that game earlier. Guess I was wrong.
I generally go to the check for availability page and type in a bunch of major cities around the country. Since it searches up to 100 miles, I'm bound to find a store that has stock of an item.

Yeah the preview ad has the 30% off everything in bag deal they've had before but that obviously won't work for online only items....

I’d let you know if GS would release their damn BF ad already. Literally less than a week from now and it’s still not out I’m interested in their collectible sales most and would like to plan. I know they are usually last to release their ads but I’m certain they have never waited this long.

I’d let you know if GS would release their damn BF ad already. Literally less than a week from now and it’s still not out I’m interested in their collectible sales most and would like to plan. I know they are usually last to release their ads but I’m certain they have never waited this long.
Gamestop's Black Friday 2017 ad was posted on November 16th, so maybe today? I mean it is getting close and I really wanna make my dang list 😂

I decided to still trade in to get a slim PS4. Selling Spider-Man will still make me come out pretty much even and it seems worth it to get a brand new slim, a brand new controller, a year's warranty, likely a 20% off coupon for PSN (which with what I want to grab from the Black Friday sales this week would save me around $20.00 right there...), and to double my hard drive size. My system's an early model and I wasn't the original owner. I've had it three years and it still runs like a champ but I don't know exactly how old it was (Bought it on Cowboom back in the day) when I got it and if it craps out on me in a few weeks/months I'm going to feel pretty stupid not to have done so. System's initializing now. I'll miss Tetris Effect for the next few days but I'll have to get by with Forza on Xbox and Frostpunk on PC lol.

Looks like GS price hiked the 360 version of the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy.  All 3 games are now $9.99 used, instead of $4.99.  Meanwhile, they haven't changed the TIV for them, as they're still around $.50 a game.

Looks like GS price hiked the 360 version of the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy. All 3 games are now $9.99 used, instead of $4.99. Meanwhile, they haven't changed the TIV for them, as they're still around $.50 a game.
They will go up eventually like MW2 did. Maybe. I doubt there is as huge of a demand for those.

Apologies if this has been asked a hundred times, didn't see any info in the OP. Can someone explain this 'save $20 on a new game' trade promo? Is that in addition to the quoted trade value? So if I traded Octopath Traveler towards a new copy of Diablo Switch, i'd only have to pay $10? ($30 tiv for octopath, diablo becomes $40 after 20 off)

Apologies if this has been asked a hundred times, didn't see any info in the OP. Can someone explain this 'save $20 on a new game' trade promo? Is that in addition to the quoted trade value? So if I traded Octopath Traveler towards a new copy of Diablo Switch, i'd only have to pay $10? ($30 tiv for octopath, diablo becomes $40 after 20 off)
Read it as: "Get at least $20 for your trade"

I was told by an senior associate yesterday that each store will be getting 20 Spiderman PS4s for Sunday and they may or may not get more by BF. He also said that X1 should be coming with a gift card on BF *wink, wink*.

Read it as: "Get at least $20 for your trade"
Are you saying you read it as that or I should read it as that? If true, that's stupid even for GS. The promo specifies $20 off new games, if it's really a $20 minimum trade in credit, that would be $20 off anything. I wouldn't put it past them though. Probably too good to be true the way im thinking

Are you saying you read it as that or I should read it as that? If true, that's stupid even for GS. The promo specifies $20 off new games, if it's really a $20 minimum trade in credit, that would be $20 off anything. I wouldn't put it past them though. Probably too good to be true the way im thinking
Yes, GS is that stupid, and yes, it is a $20 minimum trade. I think they are hoping to mislead people to get them into the store.

Yes, oldcasio is correct. I think it's poorly worded on purpose. Most of the games on the list trade in for $20 or more anyway.

When does this 140+25 for ps4 promo lasts until? I need to get ride of my OG ps4 and buy slim+ spiderman on 18th

Anecdotal, but a friend of mine who is a former GameStop employee said that these deals are actually pretty scarce, since not a lot of people actually partake of them. Estimated 3-4 of the Spider-Man PS4 bundles per store, which seems low to me. Anyone got a comment?

Anecdotal, but a friend of mine who is a former GameStop employee said that these deals are actually pretty scarce, since not a lot of people actually partake of them. Estimated 3-4 of the Spider-Man PS4 bundles per store, which seems low to me. Anyone got a comment?
I dunno about that. The BF I worked a couple years ago had the PS4/GTA5 bundle and we got around 30 of them. Had em all numbered and lined up in a huge row in the back room. Nearly sold out too. It could be different now I guess.

WTF This $20 off any new game when you trade in eligible games seems too good to be true. I'll test it out today with the NCAA 14 PS3 that I have. Is this going to work on a game that cost $19.99? When is this deal going to expire? I have a game that I want to get that isn't available in stores. I was thinking of doing a return rebuy.

EDIT: Ok It looks like they take off the value of the trade first so $60 minus $24($20 Base + Elite Pro) minus $20 off. Is that right?

Top tier Switch games also got a bump from $22 base TIV to $27 base TIV.
Thinking it's time to trade in Mario Tennis Aces for $32.40, but now I need to decide if I want to use that towards Diablo 3 or SNK 40th Anniversary. Two games I want, but should probably wait for a sale on (Diablo 3 in particular since I own it already on PS4).

WTF This $20 off any new game when you trade in eligible games seems too good to be true. I'll test it out today with the NCAA 14 PS3 that I have. Is this going to work on a game that cost $19.99? When is this deal going to expire? I have a game that I want to get that isn't available in stores. I was thinking of doing a return rebuy.
It is actually only a $20 guaranteed trade in. Not a discount. This was explained in an earlier post a few posts up on this same page. If you have NCAA 14 you can get a ton more for it on eBay, anyway.

Thinking it's time to trade in Mario Tennis Aces for $32.40, but now I need to decide if I want to use that towards Diablo 3 or SNK 40th Anniversary. Two games I want, but should probably wait for a sale on (Diablo 3 in particular since I own it already on PS4).
I'm forcing myself to wait for a pre-owned copy of SNK, because as much as I would love to beat Crystalis... I won't get to it anytime soon.

When does this 140+25 for ps4 promo lasts until? I need to get ride of my OG ps4 and buy slim+ spiderman on 18th
Offer is good until Dec. 2nd, so you have time. Although the TIV might drop before than, because who knows if Gamestop will drop the value overnight again.

I dunno about that. The BF I worked a couple years ago had the PS4/GTA5 bundle and we got around 30 of them. Had em all numbered and lined up in a huge row in the back room. Nearly sold out too. It could be different now I guess.
Thank you for your input. I just called my local GameStop, and I didn't ask for an exact number of units (not like they would have given it, regardless), but asked if a.) they expected to sell out within the first hour or two (yes), and b.) whether it'd be a "wait in line before opening" type of ordeal (also yes, obviously).

Just not sure if doing the trade-in and chancing it would be a wise move. I'm willing to show up a couple hours early if need be, but even then, I suppose one could be left high and dry, with a GameStop gift card and no PS4 to show for it. lol

Is Gamestop going to open at regular time at 11 am on Sunday or earlier? I called a couple of my stores without getting a clear answer (one store said noon, which is completely wrong).

Is Gamestop going to open at regular time at 11 am on Sunday or earlier? I called a couple of my stores without getting a clear answer (one store said noon, which is completely wrong).
Why is it wrong? It’s Sunday. I have stores in the area that don’t open until noon on sundays.

The app will have the store hours.

Anyone know if the PS4 slim+ spiderman bundle a disc copy or digital? Its probably the same bundle every other store is getting but are those disc copies?

If I trade in my OG PS4 in MD, I get 165+6% tax and buy the bundle in Virginia, I do not get taxed using trade credit. 25.xx for spiderman disc before BF is a godd deal

Anyone know if the PS4 slim+ spiderman bundle a disc copy or digital? Its probably the same bundle every other store is getting but are those disc copies? It’s disc.

If I trade in my OG PS4 in MD, I get 165+6% tax and buy the bundle in Virginia, I do not get taxed using trade credit. 25.xx for spiderman disc before BF is a godd deal

Apologies if this is already known, but it looks like the online-only certs no longer apply to digital currency.  I just tried to convert points to PSN cards via the Online Certs.  This worked for me as recently as last month but now the new code I was issued today expires 7/2019 and will not apply to any of the wallet cards i tried: psn, xbl, steam, blizzard

So if you search for PSn Wallet crds on Gamestops website, it says "Includes GameStop bonus!" does anyone have a clue what this is? I stopped into a local gamestop and the rep had no idea and couldnt find promo for it in his system.

So if you search for PSn Wallet crds on Gamestops website, it says "Includes GameStop bonus!" does anyone have a clue what this is? I stopped into a local gamestop and the rep had no idea and couldnt find promo for it in his system.
A while back they had an event where currency cards gave extra GS reward points. I'm guessing it's just outdated images being used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back