2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested in the ps4 slim- spiderman bundle, but I can't tell if the deal is going to be available online or just in store? :/

For what it's worth when trading in my ps4 tonight I asked the woman processing the trade how many bundles they expected to get. She said their back room was so full of them you could barely move through it. Didn't expect to run out as they plan to still have some on actual Black Friday

Well, if there's moles in this thread, just know that you waited too long to release your BF ad... I'm getting in on the Best Buy gift card offer and looks like they're getting my money this year.

Could you be a little more specific.
I mean, sure - BB has the best deal on Odyssey, Far Cry 5 and Lego Incredibles, as well as the Google Home Hub, so $150 is definitely going to them... might as well get the extra $15 to spend next month as well.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/368566-11418-111718-buy-150-best-buy-egiftcard-receive-free-15-future-savings-code/

Gamestop's either embarrassed that they have nothing different than anyone else, OR they have a huge surprise that maybe they can't share yet because it'll hurt sales of a just-released game (Fallout '76 for $40?).

This is tough since I have trade credit to use for the PS4 and if it turns out that BF adds a gift card or something, I'd either have to return and rebuy or hope they still have consoles on the day of.

1st was just told by GS sales person that the 11/18 spiderman ps4 bundle was an error and not supposed to sell them until BF, anyone kknow if thats true?

2. Does GS convert new collector editions to used anymore? I just saw Xbox Destiny 2/Tekken7/sonic mania and ps4 new colossus collectors with clearance stickers on them in the clearance rack they have?

1st was just told by GS sales person that the 11/18 spiderman ps4 bundle was an error and not supposed to sell them until BF, anyone kknow if thats true?

2. Does GS convert new collector editions to used anymore? I just saw Xbox Destiny 2/Tekken7/sonic mania and ps4 new colossus collectors with clearance stickers on them in the clearance rack they have?
Can’t be... the ad said the X and the PS4 will be on sale. Plus, every other retailer is advertising pre BF with those prices

I wouldn't be too surprised if they pull the bundle from that pre-black Friday ad, as they change stuff on the fly all the time.

I was really hoping to get it tomorrow, you know on the weekend when I don't work. If true, that's pretty annoying since it would have allowed myself and likely many other people to get one thing checked off our lists.

I have an Elite Xbox one I am thinking of trading in since it's loud AF but it's obviously not worth it if I have to trade in my Elite controller. Anyone know if they'll take any controller with it?

Source print Newspaper company direct from GS ad

nier 20

dc villians 30

fighterz 20

black ops zombie 25

shinobi striker 30

All $12 funko = $8 

b2g1f old gen games thu-sun

$15 rainbow six siege 

vampyr 

unchart lost 20

poke moon 14 

nhl 40

30% off all holiday items; harry potter calendar, holiday items 

ass creed oddy 27

black ops 38

god of war 17

tomb raide r27 

detroit 20

$35 spyro with sock bundle ps4 and xbox one

spyro regular 30

persona 5 30 

dragon quest xi 35

ufc 20 

uncharted collection 10

used? pvz 2 $18 

xbox one x w/ falliut 76 $430 + 50 GC = $380

xbox one w/ nba 2k19 $230 + $50 GC = $180 

switch bundle w/ mario kart 8 $300 + $50 GC = $250

Buy a new ps4 get $50 GC

monster hunter world 20

just dance 25 ALL 

la noire $10 switch 

fighterz switch 30 

incredibles 20

Is the list of games and system above the actually GS BF ad?   PS4 system gets 50 GC?   that will be a hell of day with the spiderman bundle. 

I have an Elite Xbox one I am thinking of trading in since it's loud AF but it's obviously not worth it if I have to trade in my Elite controller. Anyone know if they'll take any controller with it?
I had no problem doing this. They just took it in as a 1TB Xbox One, not as an Elite, and I don’t remember there being any difference in credit between the two, so I held onto my Elite controller.

nier 20
dc villians 30
fighterz 20
black ops zombie 25
shinobi striker 30

All $12 funko = $8

$15 rainbow six siege
vampyr
unchart lost 20
poke moon 14

nhl 40

ass creed oddy 27
black ops 38
god of war 17
tomb raide r27
detroit 20
spyro regular 30
persona 5 30
dragon quest xi 35
ufc 20
uncharted collection 10
used? pvz 2 $18

Buy a new ps4 get $50 GC
monster hunter world 20
just dance 25 ALL

la noire $10 switch
fighterz switch 30
incredibles 20
Was someone holding a gun to your head and forcing you to type that list in 60 seconds or less? 😂

What is the best course of action if I want the PS4 slim Spider-Man bundle? Buy with gift cards tomorrow, then try and return/rebuy if they have gift card offer on Thanksgiving/BF? I want to use points up to get it down to $95 tomorrow, but then if a better deal comes along (like the $50 gift card deal purported above, I couldn't return it as I would have used certs).

As an informed GS employee I can confirm the sale starts Sunday
Do you know how many PS4 bundles you'll have at your store? Or how many bundles will be in stock on average per store? I won't be able to get to a Gamestop until in Sunday in the PM and want to be able to trade-in my old PS4 first.

Buy a new ps4 get $50 GC, I think this is buying the console alone and not the Spiderman bundle. Maybe they have the same deal as last years BF but highly unlikely. It could mean buying the OG ps4 and getting that $50 GC. It could mean anything.  

Do you know how many PS4 bundles you'll have at your store? Or how many bundles will be in stock on average per store? I won't be able to get to a Gamestop until in Sunday in the PM and want to be able to trade-in my old PS4 first.
I do know but due to loss prevention reasons I can not say. I have no problem helping y'all but I have to keep my job as well.
I can say it's a pretty healthy supply at my location.
Not only do I have quite a few but there are more incoming

Was someone holding a gun to your head and forcing you to type that list in 60 seconds or less?
Actually they were facetiming me the ad, so yeah i had to type it as quickly as possible from what i saw.

I rarely post anything here but when i do its never filled with sarcasm or trolling.

Of course you could take with a grain of salt, but Its legit. Im sure its officially gonna be released tomorrow anyways

Let's see if I can buy a Spider-Man PS4 tomorrow. I have $80 worth of credit so trying to use that and get it a bit cheaper. I know I can use multiple certs as long as they are different values but is there a limit to how many? Plan on using a $50, $25 and $5 cert for the PS4.

What is the best course of action if I want the PS4 slim Spider-Man bundle? Buy with gift cards tomorrow, then try and return/rebuy if they have gift card offer on Thanksgiving/BF? I want to use points up to get it down to $95 tomorrow, but then if a better deal comes along (like the $50 gift card deal purported above, I couldn't return it as I would have used certs).
Don't use your certs to buy the PS4 tomorrow. Wait until Black Thursday to use your certs, when you do the return rebuy.

Let's see if I can buy a Spider-Man PS4 tomorrow. I have $80 worth of credit so trying to use that and get it a bit cheaper. I know I can use multiple certs as long as they are different values but is there a limit to how many? Plan on using a $50, $25 and $5 cert for the PS4.
The rule is 3 certs per transaction, but some people are able to get away with using 5 because they know the manager.

Wait until Black Thursday to use your certs in a return rebuy since someone said they will offer a $50 gc.

I think you can use 1 $5 cert, $10 cert and so on

This is a good idea, I have a $50 cert. Do we have other info on the $50 giftcard, if I buy the RDR2 Pro bundle would I get it? Or as the others have speculated is it when you just get the system?

nier 20
dc villians 30
fighterz 20
black ops zombie 25
shinobi striker 30

All $12 funko = $8

$15 rainbow six siege
vampyr
unchart lost 20
poke moon 14

nhl 40

ass creed oddy 27
black ops 38
god of war 17
tomb raide r27
detroit 20
spyro regular 30
persona 5 30
dragon quest xi 35
ufc 20
uncharted collection 10
used? pvz 2 $18

Buy a new ps4 get $50 GC
monster hunter world 20
just dance 25 ALL

la noire $10 switch
fighterz switch 30
incredibles 20
thanks man.

So when exactly does the gift card with console purchase begin?  Black Friday?  I was planning on getting an Xbox One S tomorrow morning, but I might wait and try to snag that NBA 2k19 bundle. 

Looking to get some controllers for cheap tomorrow. Is the sale online at midnight?

It says excludes copper controller. I want the blueberry. Anyone know if that one will be available? I could just go to my gamestop but I've been there 10 times in the last 2 weeks I feel like an idiot going in there so much haha.

Edit: maybe nvm all showing unavailable online and unavailable in my store. That's some bs I've been in there 10 times I know they have them.

Looking to get some controllers for cheap tomorrow. Is the sale online at midnight?

It says excludes copper controller. I want the blueberry. Anyone know if that one will be available? I could just go to my gamestop but I've been there 10 times in the last 2 weeks I feel like an idiot going in there so much haha.

Edit: maybe nvm all showing unavailable online and unavailable in my store. That's some bs I've been in there 10 times I know they have them.
They are showing unavailable because the sale is starting later tonight. Calm down bro. That being said. I have a couple controllers that have torn thumbsticks and it forced me to put little grips on them. Do the new controllers still have terrible thumb grips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back