2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here you go; I "borrowed" it.

vmrtw8.jpg

Is it me or is GS's site just awful. I cannot figure out how to checkout with in store pickup. I select my store and it's just the page with 'get started' and other deals. Trying to get Detroit for 20

Great now I can't decide whether to buy the Spiderman bundle without the $50 gc or buy a regular PS4 Slim or Pro with the $50 gc.

$300 ps4 pro + $50 gift card sounds pretty good
Are there even any other deals for the PS4 Pro anywhere else? Is that the best deal for the Pro so far?

Also, will Amazon price match GameStop, Walmart, Best Buy and Target video game prices? I'd get God of War for $17, but I doubt any stock would be left by the time I make it into the store.

But it's a doorbuster... not sure about waiting online for even an hour in the cold for 8 dollars off.
More like 10 dollars off since I wont be paying tax. And I'm not waiting outside for store to open. If it's there at 4pm I'll grab it. I'm going there anyway since kohls doesn't open until 5

Yeah, I was real disappointed lol. It's funny you say "temp staff excited about following policy to a T", because when we made small talk, this particular employee said he was new and had little idea what to expect for this GameStop tomorrow, in terms of foot traffic. I feel for the dude, though. Seemed nice enough. Just had to check with his manager so he wouldn't get in trouble.
Is your PS4 relatively new? It does generate a lot of heat, so the plastic will expand and contract until it's "broken in". My PS3 used to do that for a year, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's a common thing for PS4 as well.

I almost picked up a PS4 Pro last night since I have a bunch of credit and points at GS for trading my PS4 Slim last week and it didn't seem GS was doing anything special for the Pro this year.  Will roll the dice and see if I can run the GS near my parents after dinner and grab a PS Pro and $50 GC.  Also need a controller so might just use the GC on that.

I wonder if they give the $50 gift card for the Diablo 3 Switch bundle. There are still plenty in stock around me.

Worthless Switch deal. I just bought the Smash bros switch and I doubt this will work for that. Would like that gift card.

Edit: Hmm, the SD post says any new bundle but I'm skeptical.

Is cag16 dead? I'm getting an error when trying to apply it.

"Error:
The coupon you entered is not currently valid. Please check the spelling of the code and the expiration date of the coupon."

Is cag16 dead? I'm getting an error when trying to apply it.

"Error:
The coupon you entered is not currently valid. Please check the spelling of the code and the expiration date of the coupon."
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but last year CAG16 didn't work on BF sales.

not a good sign when the gamestop.com website cant even handle some sunday morning internet traffic, brings back memories of last years fiasco and discourages me from even thinking of shopping with them.

Aw yiss, walmart had my blueberry controller for the sale price. I would have liked to get the sunset orange too, but I settled for clear since I didn't wanna buy 2 and I had GS gift cards for this exact purchase.

Looks like my coupons from the epic quest thing don't work online :( tried to grab a sonic figure and it wouldn't recognize my $10 off. 

Are the "refurbished" Ipad Air 2's on Gamestop a decent way to burn up credit if I don't see anything I'd want gaming-wise in the near future?  Any coupon codes for electronics?  Maybe I'll trade in two of my current gen systems and get that overpriced MSI laptop on their site instead @ $899.  /blog.

Damn, I just got the Switch Diablo bundle on Friday. I don't think the guys there will have an issue, but I would be pretty disappointed if they won't do a Return/Rebuy for me. I definitely would have waited a few days if I had known they were dropping this deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back