2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got me a bright shiny Spiderman PS4 bundle. Only a few bucks out of pocket after trading in my OG last week. Great deal.
Pick up Uncharted Lost Legacy also, last copy they had. So gutted of course.

I’m going to beat another game before grabbing a Black Friday deal. Figured I might as well pony up on trade-in credit.

got the F76 white one x, not opening it until after cyber monday in case they drop the price again.

errybody in there buying up those ps4 spidey bundles tho

got the F76 white one x, not opening it until after cyber monday in case they drop the price again.

errybody in there buying up those ps4 spidey bundles tho
That's the system I'm interested in.

How much was it, did it come with a gift card, and is Fallout physical (with a case) or digital (just a code)?

That's the system I'm interested in.

How much was it, did it come with a gift card, and is Fallout physical (with a case) or digital (just a code)?

Did they give you the gift card or is it thursday only
$429+tax, no gift card. not sure if it's only a specific day or only for non-game bundles. F76 game is disc, not a code. the included game pass code doesn't work if you're already a subscriber, which is kinda bullshit imo. oh well.

$429+tax, no gift card. not sure if it's only a specific day or only for non-game bundles. F76 game is disc, not a code. the included game pass code doesn't work if you're already a subscriber, which is kinda bullshit imo. oh well.
I wonder if they will give you a gift card if u bring the receipt back on thuraday. My friend got a system to trade in and it can be a bloody mess if it is done on thursday

Gamestop sells cricket wireless cards right? Are they one of the prepaid cards you can buy with trade credit? I'm ready for a new phone and got gamestop credit to burn.

My store sold out of the Spidey PS4 bundle. I was able to get the last one. I also got a sealed copy of UC:TLL and PSN+ ($39.99). Probably won't open my PS4 until I see the cyber Monday deals.

Is cag16 dead? I'm getting an error when trying to apply it.

"Error:
The coupon you entered is not currently valid. Please check the spelling of the code and the expiration date of the coupon."
Pls tell me it’s not. Was thinking of getting some pre owned games that are not on sale this Black Friday with that coupon

Pls tell me it’s not. Was thinking of getting some pre owned games that are not on sale this Black Friday with that coupon
Why would it not be? Everyone was told numerous times there are moles here, yet massively abused and talked about it on pro day weekend. Gamestop probably didn't like people getting loads of preowned NSW titles and RDR for $30. That said I hope it's just a site error and that is still works.

I'm assuming this coupon will work in-store as well? Want to buy a couple of games on Thursday hopefully during GS' doorbuster.
FYI if you use the 20% off code packed in with the PlayStation’s it will take 20% off everything in your cart and not just one game. I used it on Spider-Man digital deluxe edition and god of War this morning.
Also went to GameStop and bought Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition and Uncharted The Lost Legacy. Redeemed 10,000 points and got them both for $10 total.
No it can't. It is a coupon that comes packed in with all new ps4 consoles to be used on the PlayStation network store only. I used mine this morning finally that I got with my ps4 pro rdr2 bundle.

that pic of the xbox 360 is the slim so i would be really happy if they actually honored that and didnt just want to dump their broken xboxes like they did last year

No it can't. It is a coupon that comes packed in with all new ps4 consoles to be used on the PlayStation network store only. I used mine this morning finally that I got with my ps4 pro rdr2 bundle.
Thanks for the clarification. I was reading too quickly and didn't catch the PSN part. Not sure what I would use it on... lol

Seems to be dead at this time. I had a field-day getting a bunch of harder-to-find PS1, PS3, & PS4 games during the most recent Pro-Day sales... 20% Elite + 10% Pro-Day + 16% CAG16 off online orders. Twas a great day :bouncy:

So I would have gotten my PS4 Spidey bundle and Horizon Zero Dawn Complete for no cost with my trade-ins but I had anxiety about console issues and paid for the 2 Year Replacement Plan. In any case it may have cost some money but it was apparently a lower cost one day deal at $19.99 for one year or $29.99 for two years. It can be swapped for a new system so I figured why not.

Does anyone know what the Zelda (and Mario) Switch Accessory Bundle includes? Looks like a skin and maybe wired controllers? Ad says discounted from $70 to $35, but I don't see it as a currently available product.

So I would have gotten my PS4 Spidey bundle and Horizon Zero Dawn Complete for no cost with my trade-ins but I had anxiety about console issues and paid for the 2 Year Replacement Plan. In any case it may have cost some money but it was apparently a lower cost one day deal at $19.99 for one year or $29.99 for two years. It can be swapped for a new system so I figured why not.
I could be wrong, but I think somebody on here said they only give you refurbished/preowned systems if you need to warranty replace it.

I could be wrong, but I think somebody on here said they only give you refurbished/preowned systems if you need to warranty replace it.
The store ASL (Assistant Store Lead) told me that they replace the system with what you purchased (New in box). If they lied to get a warranty sale that is a Corporate issue and would I need it replaced I'd make that known. I specifically asked that before I bought the PRP because I don't want some used beat up system as a replacement.

Thanks for the clarification. I was reading too quickly and didn't catch the PSN part. Not sure what I would use it on... lol
That’s a good coupon though. Could use it towards the $40 ps plus, a pre order, something that’s not on sale somewhere else. In fact if you don’t want it I’ll buy that coupon from you even though there’s nothing I immediately want.

Have:
- 20% PSN coupon

Send me offers (ideally Amazon email gift card).

Also does anybody know if I can trade GS coupons? I might be getting (2) $10 off pre-owned coupons and (1) $10 off collectibles coupon in a couple days, from the epic quest thing. Thought I read you could get your account banned by letting other people use coupons associated with your account.

I was trying to place a order for 1 year ps+($39.99) and Horizon Zero Dawn Complete ($9.99) and I was using trade credit. When I submitted it, it took me back to the cart and said that there was an error. This happens at GS sometimes so I tried the order again and again got an error. Decided to order it later but checked my trade credit and it went down 79.98. I’m assuming I got charged for ps+ twice but I have no order info and haven’t received an email or anything. I’m hoping it fixes itself by tomorrow, but I’m not hopeful.

So how much of a difficult fight am I going to have with GS customer service?😑

Also curious on this one.
For a new PS3 you're going to have to search online as most stores aren't going to be carrying any in stock unless it's something like any existing Kmart or Sears stock. Maybe some offshoot Walmart has one floating around, but ebay is probably where you want to look.

For a new PS3 you're going to have to search online as most stores aren't going to be carrying any in stock unless it's something like any existing Kmart or Sears stock. Maybe some offshoot Walmart has one floating around, but ebay is probably where you want to look.
Looking for used. I'm also looking for a deal. I really dont want to pay $350 on a brand new PS3.

Looking for used. I'm also looking for a deal. I really dont want to pay $350 on a brand new PS3.
Then you're either going to have to find a private seller, independent game store, or Craigslist and ebay. You know what you want, what you want to pay and what you want with it. Keep in mind most people are fucking pigs and don't take care of their systems. If you want used in excellent condition you're going to have to be diligent in your hunt.

Then you're either going to have to find a private seller, independent game store, or Craigslist and ebay. You know what you want, what you want to pay and what you want with it. Keep in mind most people are fucking pigs and don't take care of their systems. If you want used in excellent condition you're going to have to be diligent in your hunt.
I agree on the "most people are fucking pigs" sentiment.

You could try nextdoor.com, but ymmv.

I've had great luck there getting ps2 sl I m for $15, ps3 slim for $60 and wii system for $30.

All came with a variety of games or accessories that i was able to trade in to GameStop or other local games stores which ultimately made the purchases much cheaper or free. Some stuff definitely needed cleaning, but ultimately worked fine.

The store ASL (Assistant Store Lead) told me that they replace the system with what you purchased (New in box). If they lied to get a warranty sale that is a Corporate issue and would I need it replaced I'd make that known. I specifically asked that before I bought the PRP because I don't want some used beat up system as a replacement.
Does a PS4 not come with one-year manufacturer warranty like most electronics?

As others have said, check local and smaller selling apps. Used PS3s are definitely out there. In the past month I was able to find a fully backwards compatible PS3 for less than $50 shipped. Occasionally things show up on eBay, but there is a lot of competition and noise to compete with.

I also use IFTTT to get alerts on custom searches or Priice Charting’s ebay sniper. YMMV.

Does a PS4 not come with one-year manufacturer warranty like most electronics?
Yeas that is why locations push extended warranties, it’s almost 100% profit. The chances of something breaking in the first two years are low, and with revisions of consoles he will probably trade it in anyway. Appliances, cars, home warranties etc companies push them because they make a lot of money.

Unless I missed it looks like there is no 30% off bag for collectibles on Black Friday. That sucks, it was great last year since it stacked with the buy 1 get 50% off blind bags deal. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back