2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just realized I used a $15 coupon black ops 4 yesterday and it didn’t remove it from my account yet. I think I will use it on WWE to get it for $12.

The POS doesn't flag the coupon as already used, then? As long as it's in active offers it will work?
Curious, too. I have 2 orders from yesterday in my purchase history in the app, both that were $0 due to reward certs, but the certs are still in my active offers. They're unique codes, so would they not scan as used? Hmmmm.

Wow. $50 gift card + $35 eshop credit on select Nintendo Switch consoles sounds pretty good.
Edit: looks like only the base neon and grey consoles and not the Mario game bundle they had during black friday.

Are you seeing the sales on this link? It just brings to a web page saying cyber Monday sales have come and gone.
Yes, this is what I see.

2mi2pnk.jpg

So my Street Fighter arcade order seems weird. I can't edit or cancel the order. Placed it about 5 days ago. But then LA Noire I ordered can be edited/cancelled. Is this something I should worry about?

So my Street Fighter arcade order seems weird. I can't edit or cancel the order. Placed it about 5 days ago. But then LA Noire I ordered can be edited/cancelled. Is this something I should worry about?
Probably shipped or in the process of being shipped

Also it’s a BIG item, so probably can’t cancel as easy as you would a small game

If you don’t want it just return to your local store for full refund

I've had a used copy of Hyrule Warriors sitting in a stack of games that I bought at GameStop and then never played. I probably need to see if it works. Not that it matters.
Sure enough the 2 games I thought wouldn't work gave me disc read errors. I tried asking an employee if they would be willing to swap out a game I bought from them outside their return period, that I wasn't able to get around to testing/returning in time, and he pretty much told me to go pound sand.

Hyrule Warriors is only $9.99 right now iirc, so if you find 2 other games for $9.99, that's only $5.33 each w/ elite and b2g1. That might be somewhat of a risk though, if those games don't work either lol (granted you could just return them, but still it's inconvenient).

Also it’s a BIG item, so probably can’t cancel as easy as you would a small game

Lol the GS employees gonna love seeing you walk in the door with that thing

Lol the GS employees gonna love seeing you walk in the door with that thing
Don't plan on returning, just want to make sure it doesn't get cancelled. My Gamestop order page is a mess. Tons of open orders I've received months ago.

i still have 2 "open" orders from 2012 (1600 MS points for $9.99)
I have a DARKSIDERS II LIMITED EDITION order from 2012 still in processing and another order from 2016 in that status as well. I gave up on those orders long ago but they still show up in my order history. As long as you are not charged, its ok. Gamestop is wack sometimes.

huh... looks like cag16 is completely dead now. Not that it doesnt stack with pro. The code is no longer valid.

Looks like there are some cyber monday discounts for powerup rewards as well. Codes for digital gift cards like Xbox store credit seem to be discounted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back