2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if for Prestige Day, the 10% bonus trade-in stacks with the current switch promo? So it would be 35% if it does stack? Also, how would Pro and Elite Pro play into this?
In the past prestige day bonus has always stacked. Never know now as they’ve made so many changes recently to limit their paying out and their discounts.

That's what I figured. Unfortunately one of the games I want to rebuy isn't in stock at any store in a 70 mile radius and would probably get scooped up quickly. Oh well :)
Trade your game in, then wait for it to show up in their system, then go online and put your game on hold for in store pick. I personally have not done this but I notice when I trade in a game that their system updates right away with my traded in game.

I’m confused by that since I’ve been told by employees a couple of times that you can go to multiple GameStop’s and find a game another GameStop has and return n rebuy at another GameStop using a b2g1 coupon

I’m confused by that since I’ve been told by employees a couple of times that you can go to multiple GameStop’s and find a game another GameStop has and return n rebuy at another GameStop using a b2g1 coupon
They can but I would call ahead and make sure that it is ok.

Really wish I knew the best way to use this B2G1 coupon tomorrow! I have Elite Pro for a few more weeks and I'm sure the smart play is to get 3 $54.99 games but can't figure out what's worth it/will hold value best.

Really wish I knew the best way to use this B2G1 coupon tomorrow! I have Elite Pro for a few more weeks and I'm sure the smart play is to get 3 $54.99 games but can't figure out what's worth it/will hold value best.
Switch games for sure.

A lot of e recent 3ds games are likely to be rare and hold their value like Luigi's Mansion and warioware gold.

gLPlGMs.jpg

There is no best way to use the b2g1 coupon tomorrow if you have a prestige store nearby w/ what you need. May as well just go to a non-prestige store and use it before you lose it. You missed the boat on getting the most return from that coupon, this past weekend when TIV's were high.

This. It's best to call and ask first. Usually if there's a B2G1 sale going on in general they have no problems doing this, but on something like a prestige day they are more likely to say no.

In this climate, I wouldn't wait for any boost more than this. Just my opinion.

A part of me thinks I'll wake up tomorrow to find all the Switch games cut to like 22 bucks or something. We'll see.
It could happen but if it remain as 30 base, there are some decent flip to be made with 25% boost with switch title + 10% prestige + elite pro bonus. Just in case i placed a hold on both pokemon let go and super mario pt.

That's what I figured. Unfortunately one of the games I want to rebuy isn't in stock at any store in a 70 mile radius and would probably get scooped up quickly. Oh well :)
I'm sure if you came back like 20 minutes later saying your kids were freaking out that you sold them and that you just want to re buy them to get them back for your kids most employees would go for it but certainly risky and ymmv

In this climate, I wouldn't wait for any boost more than this. Just my opinion.

A part of me thinks I'll wake up tomorrow to find all the Switch games cut to like 22 bucks or something. We'll see.
There is a new top tier now and it's the games that just came out (Pika, Evee, Smash). The regulars that we have counted for the past year are too low ($22 base) to be worth buying (Zelda, Mario, ARMS). Monday would have been the best day to off load your old tier Switch games.

I'm sure if you came back like 20 minutes later saying your kids were freaking out that you sold them and that you just want to re buy them to get them back for your kids most employees would go for it but certainly risky and ymmv
Might not work depending where they're at. My local GS's (in MD) have 30 day trade holds due to pawn laws so best to double check one's own stores.

Is there a way to search a particular store's inventory? I have a prestige store nearby with something I want, but I'm stuck at work for another few hours and want to see what else I could combine with to get the b2g1.

Is there a way to search a particular store's inventory? I have a prestige store nearby with something I want, but I'm stuck at work for another few hours and want to see what else I could combine with to get the b2g1.
Not that I know. And just so you know, saying it’s in stock online doesn’t guarantee it’s in stock in store. And some games they have in store aren’t listed on online. I’ve had luck calling the store and just asking if they have the 4 or 5 games I’m looking for. If it’s not busy they usually won’t mind.

How did you two turn $50 into enough for SSB or a Switch? Sheesh I'm looking at my stores inventory and thinking the best thing I can do with that B2G1 coupon is to get Octopath Traveler, YS VIII and Hyrule Warriors. Not really looking at things to flip but it's crazy to get that much extra, who wouldn't want SSB for free?

Also, guessing I should trade in FO76 before the value totally tanks (figure I can pick it up for $10 in a few months) and notice it's on their list of guarantees $30 values until 12/14 but the TIV online is showing only $20? Does that just get increased to $30 automatically or?

Finally got my gift card ($50 and $35 Nintendo E-Card) from Cyber Monday. Only took 3 phone calls, and 4 emails!

So what should I buy? Mario odyssey? Smash? Katamari?

If you don't have Mario Odyssey, get it.  It's incredible.  It made me feel like a kid again like when I played Mario 64 for the first time.

I am kind of confused over this prestige day hype. The B2G1 used game deal happens all the time. Also, why aren't people here just selling their used games on Craigslist or offer up. You get more than what gamestop gives you.

I am kind of confused over this prestige day hype. The B2G1 used game deal happens all the time. Also, why aren't people here just selling their used games on Craigslist or offer up. You get more than what gamestop gives you.
i managed to find a reason or two why its a good time to have that deal

What reasons?
depends on your gaming needs man, lots of deals going on right now. extra 25% for switch games, extra 10% for any trade in, buy 2 get one free, uhh.........cash same as credit for electronics

its always convenient for gamestop to have several deals going on at any given time

What reasons?
Turned $50 into $300. Feels good man.
Yeah, that makes sense. Not sure how that was accomplished but good job for people who score like that. For me though, I am looking at just some used games to buy but this sale doesn't really push me into buying 2 of them to get 1 free. Also, I sell stuff on craigslist and offerup and always get more than Gamestop. I don't have any high profile games I'd want to trade like BOTW or RDR2 etc so I am not sure I would really benefit from prestige day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back