2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So where is the Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 PS4/XB1 Gamestop Exclusive reprint? Oh yeah that never happened.
Seriously? Yeah, and you can buy it from GS for $40 right now. I did and got a pristine copy. What's your point exactly?

People seem disillusioned into thinking their physical copies are going to be worth gold down the road. Even as someone who buys only physical, I know well that demand or physical is dropping like a rock, and will continue to do so.

There ain't much of a market for your wares when the customer base generally isn't interested in buying them. In other words, you're delusional if you think gamers - even older adult gamers who have nostalgic feelings for Katamari - aren't in growing numbers just accepting the convenience of digital games.

The only physical releases worth their damn are going to be titles like Kojima's LE Metal Gear 3 Subsistence, but a PS2 game rereleased on PS4 - LOL - the one that'll hold value will be the pristine PS2 copy.

If I trade in 2 switch games along with some Xbox games, do I get the extra 25% on the entire trade in or just on the switch games?

I saw Victor Vran for the Switch was $19.99. I went to buy one and all they had was an open brand new one. Is this a common practice with them? I found it on Amazon for that price so I just ordered from there as it was a Christmas gift.

I did want a LEGO Undercover for the Switch and that was the only way GameStop had it so I bought it as it was for me.

I saw Victor Vran for the Switch was $19.99. I went to buy one and all they had was an open brand new one. Is this a common practice with them? I found it on Amazon for that price so I just ordered from there as it was a Christmas gift.

I did want a LEGO Undercover for the Switch and that was the only way GameStop had it so I bought it as it was for me.
Yes, Gamestop stores unfortunately love to save their unsealed display copies as the last "New" copy.

Bandai wrote me back, not really an answer to the reprint question, but sharing regardless:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in Bandai Namco Entertainment America products.

Unfortunately, this service ([email protected]) is primarily intended to provide limited gameplay assistance or technical/warranty support. As such we would not have any information regarding your inquiry. Unless the Gamestop retailers (specifically the corporate offices and not the stores the end users visit) made additional orders of this product, it's very possible that there won't be any additional copies of this product.

The only thing we'd be able to recommend is to check Gamestop's official website and see if the availability feature brings up stores in your area with copies of this title available.

Thanks,

Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. Customer Support

I plotted it's current price trend based on national stock availability and eBay price changes, based on previous titles that were GameStop exclusive with short print runs I calculate NIB sealed katamari to be selling at $400 on eBay by late February, GameStop price should adjust in later January in reaction to the trends, buy now or regret later
Katamari Damacy REROLL for Nintendo Switch, right?

Bandai wrote me back, not really an answer to the reprint question, but sharing regardless:

Dear Customer,

Unfortunately, this service ([email protected]) is primarily intended to provide limited gameplay assistance or technical/warranty support. As such we would not have any information regarding your inquiry. Unless the Gamestop retailers (specifically the corporate offices and not the stores the end users visit) made additional orders of this product, it's very possible that there won't be any additional copies of this product.

The only thing we'd be able to recommend is to check Gamestop's official website and see if the availability feature brings up stores in your area with copies of this title available.

Thanks,

Now just email Gamestop about it and wait for about 6 months for a response. Very quick turnaround on Bandia Namco's part!

Yes, Gamestop stores unfortunately love to save their unsealed display copies as the last "New" copy.
It's especially bad during the Holidays. I've been in Gamestop stores a few times in the last week or so and every time I have seen them turn what would have been a new sale into a used simply because the new copy is gutted and the customer (logically thinking) why pay more for new, even it's only $5 when it's already open just like this slightly cheaper used copy.

Dear Customer,

Thanks,

The stores near me still have copies.

So you pick out one game out of every other exclusive they have had and argue there will be none? lol
There are plenty of different Gamestop exclusives that sell for significantly more than what the retail price was. Red Dead Redemption 2 Brass Zippo Lighter is another example that's recent but I'm not going to go through and list out everything for everyone just to prove a point.

The argument of Physical vs. Digital always comes back to the bottom line is that something is only worth how much someone is willing to pay for it. And one could argue at the end of the day that once the service is no longer available digitally then if your hardware fails then you have no way to re-download it onto new hardware depending upon the failure or if it can be repaired to still function. Whereas Physical just needs a simple replacement console regardless. Just because you bought digital doesn't guarantee you anything other than you purchased a license to play it as long as the service is available. If the service is no longer available then you no longer have access to the game, period.

It's especially bad during the Holidays. I've been in Gamestop stores a few times in the last week or so and every time I have seen them turn what would have been a new sale into a used simply because the new copy is gutted and the customer (logically thinking) why pay more for new, even it's only $5 when it's already open just like this slightly cheaper used copy.

Better buy now!

2pgwb7.jpg

You do know their entire business model revolves around used sales right? Every used sale is way more profit for them, so by what you said, that’s a win for the customer (save 3 dollars) and a win for the store (profit 40 dollars).

I think if they could figure out a profitable way to only buy used copies from the publisher that’s what they would do. Of course the publisher isn’t going to give them a game for 15 which they can sell for 50. Only the exploitable consumers.

Damn UPS. They just don't care anymore. My nerf overwatch stuff came half soaked. Really want to raise hell, but they ain't gonna do shit about it. At least guns are good shape.
They look slick as hell in person for anyone wondering.

Damn UPS. They just don't care anymore. My nerf overwatch stuff came half soaked. Really want to raise hell, but they ain't gonna do shit about it. At least guns are good shape.
They look slick as hell in person for anyone wondering.
I got the dva one when it was half off, can confirm, really nice

I've never traded anything to Gamestop, so maybe this is the place to ask questions. Since credit value is obviously better than cash, do they give you a gift card? Do you have to spend it all at once while you're there?

I've never traded anything to Gamestop, so maybe this is the place to ask questions. Since credit value is obviously better than cash, do they give you a gift card? Do you have to spend it all at once while you're there?
No, they'll add it to your rewards account (or you can create one while you are there) and you can use your credit whenever and however you'd like!

Hi all, 

It has been awhile since I've bought anything from Gamestop or, really, any new stuff. My backlog is so big, I typically don't keep up to date in any sort of way. Hence this question (because I wasn't sure where else to put it).

Gamestop had a great deal for a Wii U with Zelda BoW, Donkey Kong and Mario World. So I bought it! Whoo, I'm slowly catching up to 2011 lol.

Anyway, I got it in the mail today and was curious...Does the front of the Wii U come off? Sorta like the faceplate of a 3ds? Here are some photos, also one of the sticks is jacked on the gamepad. I mean I know it is preowned , but good lord....I think I should replace it, but wanted a second pair of eyes:

https://imgur.com/rtXE7QW

https://imgur.com/jzpPtkr

https://imgur.com/HZI1W16

Hi all,

It has been awhile since I've bought anything from Gamestop or, really, any new stuff. My backlog is so big, I typically don't keep up to date in any sort of way. Hence this question (because I wasn't sure where else to put it).

Gamestop had a great deal for a Wii U with Zelda BoW, Donkey Kong and Mario World. So I bought it! Whoo, I'm slowly catching up to 2011 lol.

Anyway, I got it in the mail today and was curious...Does the front of the Wii U come off? Sorta like the faceplate of a 3ds? Here are some photos, also one of the sticks is jacked on the gamepad. I mean I know it is preowned , but good lord....I think I should replace it, but wanted a second pair of eyes:

Nah, you need to return that ugly thing. Get your money back and try again...uggh gamestop.

That definitely looks like it sustained a fall.

On another note, looking at their Christmas 'sale', they have randomly raised prices on a number of items. This company just baffles me.

“Nah, you need to return that ugly thing. Get your money back and try again...uggh gamestop.”

I figured. Like wtf GameStop. All the games are in legit pristine condition. But the system. Good Christ. Thx

Also, I screwed the quote via mobile. OOPS

Last edited:
Hi all,

It ain't supposed to do that. Check inventory for stores near you and go to one with wiius in stock and see if you can exchange it.

Test the games too. Gamestop resurfacing has made some Wii U discs unreadable to the system. Test the games if you can before exchanging the system as you may need to exchange some games too. The games in-store are less likely to have been resurfaced and more likely to work.

Hi all,

That's pretty much par for the course for "Premium Refurbished". My 99 BF one was beat to hell but I figured as long as it is hackable and functions I could just replace the shell for the the console and pad. Get a replacement regardless.

Haha. Yeah this is a disaster. Thanks everyone for confirming I’m not crazy

LMAO It's funny when GS employees know about Katamari Damacy REROLL. Somebody put on hold a sealed copy. A display copy is available at a store. 

This may have been random , but when buying a shitty “premium refurb” with their extended warranty and using that warranty claim on the fact that it was shitty and filled with loose screws I guess from someone failing to mod chip it or whatever, they sent me a mint condition first manufacture press launch version replacement almost as if they have a secret supply for just such failures.

Hey guys, I need some advice. I have a buy 2 get 1 free coupon I would like to use. I am looking for the most valuable and sought after Nintendo Switch games. Can anybody help me out?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I need some advice. I have a buy 2 get 1 free coupon I would like to use. I am looking for the most valuable and sought after Nintendo Switch games. Can anybody help me out?
Buy three copies of katamari

Any combination of Super Smash Brothers, Let's Go Pokemon Eevee/Pikachu, Mario Kart 8 or Breath of the Wild (or Mario Party, for now)

Nobody really knows if it's gonna get a reprint or not, there have been GameStop exclusive that dried up, for how cheap it is I think it's well worth snatching a copy up

I've checked several stores and they all still have copies of the alleged gold printing machine otherwise known as katamari for the switch.

I think I'm going to buy them all and trade them in at the nearest Dodge dealership on a new Demon. I think that will be a fair trade.
Should be a fair trade since they are sealed BTW .

Im seeing everybody talking about how katamari is going to be limited but just went to 3 diferent gamestops and one had 5 copies and the other 2 had 8+ copies am i missing something ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back