2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
For most cases yes i agree, in my case the item sold for about $100, so it would have made sense. If the item isn't more than $50, then just go with priority mail and you are covered.

I've only had items lost in transit twice, but this one was recovered. The other was worth $12, so no big deal. It is a rare occurrence, but i was mostly trying to inform that insurance is really to protect the seller not the buyer in the case of selling on eBay amd i would imagine other selling platforms.
You’re still better off not buying insurance, which is $2.05 for $100 coverage, right? That means the USPS would have to, on average, lose a $100 package 2 percent (1 in 50) of the time for this to be statistically zero sum. But the postal service only loses or damages — at most — 0.5 percent of packages. I’d guess of roughly 5,000 packages I’ve shipped over the years I’ve had no more than 10 to break or disappear.

You’re still better off not buying insurance, which is $2.05 for $100 coverage, right? That means the USPS would have to, on average, lose a $100 package 2 percent (1 in 50) of the time for this to be statistically zero sum. But the postal service only loses or damages — at most — 0.5 percent of packages. I’d guess of roughly 5,000 packages I’ve shipped over the years I’ve had no more than 10 to break or disappear.
For higher priced items, i put the insurance cost as part of shipping cost. I haven't sold much over $50, so i have only done it a few times as i haven't sold a lot on ebay this past year, i have mostly sold locally.

I tried to cash in some points today, but all I get is errors. The 25 and 50 dollar new certs will only say "unable to retrieve data".
The other day I had a $15 cert that I used on sega genesis classics. Next day I went to go pick up katamari and when i went to checkout the $15 cert was still there and it scanned again! Later in the day I went to another gamestop and picked up overcooked and the $15 cert was STILL THERE! After I used it a third time it went away but there must have been a glitch in the system or something.

Tried to get a $15 cert earlier and the app wasn't working on that specific cert. Had to get a $10 and a $5. Prob because of that glitch

Tried to get a $15 cert earlier and the app wasn't working on that specific cert. Had to get a $10 and a $5. Prob because of that glitch
So I had a $5 cert today that I used and the same thing happened!! Even though I used it I refreshed the page and its still there!!!

So I had a $5 cert today that I used and the same thing happened!! Even though I used it I refreshed the page and its still there!!!
It's a christmas gift from gamestop. Nah, gamestop doesn't give anything away. At least not willingly.

You should look into Mercari. I just signed up for it and I like it. 10 percent fees and very easy to list things on mobile compared to eBay.
interesting never heard of it, is it Italian?

No b2g1 preowned this holiday year ?
Sucks if that’s the case. But BF and prestige day were pretty good.
there will be one

Thanks for that, was able to boost my current $25 gift card into a $35 gift card.
is this still going on

best to always go uninsured

Just sitting here eating calamari
At the price they sold bendy and the ink machine they were essentially giving that away ;)
probly gonna wait til this converts

I'll wait until Wednesday to order online or buy in store for the B2G1. The TIV are going to tank by then.

the only game worth buying in the B2G1 sale is Katamari Reroll except OH WAIT you can't even buy it used from gamestop.com because it's busy establishing itself as a future currency for the next generation

giphy.gif

Actually just bought three games before the b2g1 with cag16 and was $3 cheaper than the b2g1 deal so I’ll keep my order. Just sucks that cag16 doesn’t stack with b2g1

Did the trade in values for Switch games drop before the B2G1 sale (was not keeping track of values for a while)? Base $21 TIV for top tier games seems super low already and wondering if they will drop even lower on Wednesday.

ouch...the values have been so underwhelming for the majority of this year that I’m in the purely boom or bust camp...holding b2g1 stock for future promos isn’t worth the risk imo. hopefully there’s a bump that corrects these terrible values :/

We *should* have a Most Wanted bump this weekend since it's the last weekend of the month.  I'm really hoping for a trade-in promo after New Year to offload a bunch of last gen stuff I held onto for too long.

Hello, I purchased a pre-owned game and my brand-new PS4-Pro can't read it.  It gives me the error "disc damaged or dirty".  I looked at the disc, it seems fine, no scratches (only a tiny one, barely noticeable)...

The question is, can I exchange the disc at GameStop for a different one (same game)?

Thank you.

Hello, I purchased a pre-owned game and my brand-new PS4-Pro can't read it. It gives me the error "disc damaged or dirty". I looked at the disc, it seems fine, no scratches (only a tiny one, barely noticeable)...

The question is, can I exchange the disc at GameStop for a different one (same game)?

Thank you.
You sure can, go take it in and let them know the situation. They’ll hand you another preowned copy as long as they have one.

Make sure to have the receipt handy though.

We *should* have a Most Wanted bump this weekend since it's the last weekend of the month. I'm really hoping for a trade-in promo after New Year to offload a bunch of last gen stuff I held onto for too long.
there won’t be a bump with a B2G1 going, they learned their lesson

even with 70% cali boost, the $21 base is making me hesitate. the lines in stores during this time of the year is sure to be hellish.

Whats up with their reward certificates?  I was going to finally redeem my points to buy something tomorrow and I cant redeem the $50 or the $25.

Anyone have the link to that dude Blackbird's Gamestop Flip Sheet. Sunny Cali here, Hook a Brother up.... :booty:

also, teh FAQ. 

Super Smash Bros Ultimate trades in for $21? This is a joke, right? Seeing as how there weren't very many great trade promos this year without having to jump through "Prestige Store" hoops, and physical game media is slowly decaying anyway, I don't think I'll renew my GS membership after next year. Especially since GwG/PS+/Gamepass just gives out all the cheap, older games for free/low cost anyway! What's the point of a 4 for $10 or a 4 for $20 if all the games are free with these digital subscription services and backlogs are ever-growing due to the abundance of games each year.

$21 for a two week old Smash Bros game, it's pretty much just embarrassing at this point.

$21 for a two week old Smash Bros game, it's pretty much just embarrassing at this point.
This and a few other top tier games had a base of $35 or so two weeks ago. The drop is due to the CSAC and B2G1 promo I would assume. Hopefully the TIVs rebound by the end of January when I need to return/rebuy the KH3 PS4 Pro.

Yeah I need a good promo for the KH3 pro and these aren't doing it. CSAC always tanks values into the ground too unfortunately.

I feel like im the only one that bought Katamari because i actually wanted it and not to sell it.

Gutted my sealed copy as soon as i left the store yesterday and it hasnt left my Switch since.
It was the only game I wanted for Christmas, and I got it...been loving it. Never played the original.

I don't see what has scalpers so excited...it's averaging $52 on eBay. Considering sales tax to buy it in stores, shipping, and PayPal/eBay fees...it's no more than $10 profit...might become more valuable later, but not by much I'd wager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back