2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're in CA, yes there is hope... but screw everybody else apparently.
Even in CA it's not great. Last time I traded anything in was on a one day only trade in promo of some kind that involved a pro/elite day. Basically been dumping off on Craigslist.

Was fun when they handed out free money during flipathons. No mas.

Yes, the ones you use on any new gamestop product...not the pre owned or online only ones. Have them try Steam first and if not I know they work on PSN.
Last question. I currently have enough money for $40 in certs so I'd be getting a $25 cert and a $15 cert. Can I use the $25 on a $20 card and have the extra $5 spill over onto the $15 one so I can get a second $20 card? Or can you only put it towards one item so I need a $50 card?

Last question. I currently have enough money for $40 in certs so I'd be getting a $25 cert and a $15 cert. Can I use the $25 on a $20 card and have the extra $5 spill over onto the $15 one so I can get a second $20 card? Or can you only put it towards one item so I need a $50 card?
It works like a coupon. So there is no spill over. So get a $50 card.

Here is the fine print for the certs:

This reward is for a printable certificate redeemable in stores Valid toward the purchase of one single in-store and in-stock item only. Not valid toward gift cards or reservations. Two certificates of the same denomination can not be used in the same transaction, but you can use two different denominations. (EX. Two $10 Certificates can not be used in the same transaction, but a $5 certificate and a $10 certificate can be used in the same transaction) No cash back. Maximum of 3 certificates can be used per day, per member.

I've had stores in the past not allowing more than one cert per item due to the bolded text. I just go to another store if that happens.

Here is the fine print for the certs:

This reward is for a printable certificate redeemable in stores Valid toward the purchase of one single in-store and in-stock item only. Not valid toward gift cards or reservations. Two certificates of the same denomination can not be used in the same transaction, but you can use two different denominations. (EX. Two $10 Certificates can not be used in the same transaction, but a $5 certificate and a $10 certificate can be used in the same transaction) No cash back. Maximum of 3 certificates can be used per day, per member.

I've had stores in the past not allowing more than one cert per item due to the bolded text. I just go to another store if that happens.
They ended up having Steam cards where you can enter a custom amount so I ended up doing that. I can also confirm that Rewards Certificates work on Steam gift cards

Sadly, my Ghost Recon Gold Edition from the CE does not include the full game as part of the download. But I was going to keep the disc anyways, especially with the badass steelcase.

Does anyone know if the Sam Fisher mission is included with the Gold Edition. I know there were two season passes for the game and do not recall if both came with the Gold Edition.

Sadly, my Ghost Recon Gold Edition from the CE does not include the full game as part of the download. But I was going to keep the disc anyways, especially with the badass steelcase.

Does anyone know if the Sam Fisher mission is included with the Gold Edition. I know there were two season passes for the game and do not recall if both came with the Gold Edition.
Holy shit two season passes? and the super big jumbo edition does not come with the full game... Ugh industry is in a worse slide then it seemed...

Holy shit two season passes? and the super big jumbo edition does not come with the full game... Ugh industry is in a worse slide then it seemed...
No he has the full game, he's saying the code itself didn't download the game so after downloading the season pass and all associated dlc he still has to use his disc to play the game. Not that he didn't get everything.

In CA, is tax charged for using a reward certificate on a gc like steam or psn? And I didn't understand the earlier person that said uber used to be ok but not now? Or now is ok but wasn't before? Thanks

In CA, is tax charged for using a reward certificate on a gc like steam or psn? And I didn't understand the earlier person that said uber used to be ok but not now? Or now is ok but wasn't before? Thanks
No tax is charged in CA when using reward certs because they act as coupons. I believe it works this way nationally.

I'm an Elite Pro member and am supposed to get free 2 day shipping on orders over $35, but  have $40 in games in my cart and I keep getting charged $5 shipping. In stock games, not preorders.  Is there a trick to get the free shipping to kick in?

I'm an Elite Pro member and am supposed to get free 2 day shipping on orders over $35, but have $40 in games in my cart and I keep getting charged $5 shipping. In stock games, not preorders. Is there a trick to get the free shipping to kick in?
Think it's just the website being screwy. I tried it myself just now and there isn't even two day shipping option available - just Value, Edge, and Express.

I'm an Elite Pro member and am supposed to get free 2 day shipping on orders over $35, but have $40 in games in my cart and I keep getting charged $5 shipping. In stock games, not preorders. Is there a trick to get the free shipping to kick in?
Try on mobile, although it seems like a lot of people are having issues with free 2 day shipping. If it doesn't work, you're only $10 away from free value shipping.

X1 or PS4?

Try on mobile, although it seems like a lot of people are having issues with free 2 day shipping. If it doesn't work, you're only $10 away from free value shipping.
I also tried with $60 of games in my cart but it still wanted $4 shipping. I did find out that I could do a web in store purchase at a B&M location and as long as it is over $35 it should ship free to my home.

Yeah whats going on with the website not having the free 2 day shipping option? It still having the issue today. 

Yeah whats going on with the website not having the free 2 day shipping option? It still having the issue today.
Yeah I was just about to post this.... both the website and mobile still reflect Value, Edge and Express with no free two day ship option. I hope it's just the system being screwy and will update soon.

so... Wonder if this will come to the US now.

https://kotaku.com/german-stores-are-giving-fallout-76-away-in-very-sad-pr-1832244415

GameStop are running a promotion in Germany, Austria and Switzerland where anyone buying a used PlayStation 4 or Xbox One controller gets a free copy of the online shooter.

It’s not even a used copy. It’s a brand new copy of the game on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, and all you need to do is buy a used, official controller from either system.

What system? I got an x1x and will be selling Fallout 76 if I don't return the system. Probably $15.
Xbox for me! Ugghh, I'd love to buy it but my back log is horrendous right now and I really shouldnt add more to it.. I mean Metro and Sekiro are coming out! I still need to finished Red Dead 2 and RE2 before next month

[quote name="ec91762" post="14127114" timestamp="1549430094"]

Xbox for me! Ugghh, I'd love to buy it but my back log is horrendous right now and I really shouldnt add more to it.. I mean Metro and Sekiro are coming out! I still need to finished Red Dead 2 and RE2 before next month[/quote
I mean it's $15 bucks bro, I'd take the man up on it. I logged 60ish hours on there when it launched and enjoyed myself.

Noticed Y6 and Kiwami 2 dropped to $19.99, $29.99 according to the GS app. Must be a publisher sale as it's currently the same price @bestbuy.

What is with the 2/$20. Why haven't we seen anything new? Nothing for me this week.
It's basically their way of getting you to buy the games that they're overstocked on or having trouble selling. Even then, they sneakily raised some of the $14.99 games to $17.99 last friday. So it's an even smaller list now than it was last week.

It's basically their way of getting you to buy the games that they're overstocked on or having trouble selling. Even then, they sneakily raised some of the $14.99 games to $17.99 last friday. So it's an even smaller list now than it was last week.
Exactly. Finding anything decent for 14.99 has gotten tough recently.

Has anyone found a way around the $4 shipping charge? I'm an elite pro member and i should be getting free shipping on $35+. I tried on mobile and web and still wants me to pay shipping. 

Has anyone found a way around the $4 shipping charge? I'm an elite pro member and i should be getting free shipping on $35+. I tried on mobile and web and still wants me to pay shipping.
I have been trying all day and i am also elite and i cannot get the free shipping. i wanted to buy a lot of wii u games but it wont give me free shipping. i tried adding xbox and switch games and nothing works.

I have been trying all day and i am also elite and i cannot get the free shipping. i wanted to buy a lot of wii u games but it wont give me free shipping. i tried adding xbox and switch games and nothing works.
I think I might just place the order and then bitch at CS for a 10k rewards points. I'm paying with giftcards anyways so its not like I'm out the cash...I really don't want to spend time on the phone though. Can I just email or chat with CS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back