2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
am I better off trade in tomorrow during the buff or wait till prestige day?
You're probably not going to get better than this, especially if you have Switch games. With Elite Pro you'll get $45 for most 1st party Switch games, versus $39 at most for prestige day. If nothing else, stockpile the money to use on prestige day

Yea usually before Monday’s have been the last day for the stealth bump. I wouldn’t chance Tuesday but that’s just me. This is the first trade bump in a while with a trade in deal

Found a few more credit movers from BB to GS. Don't forget the $1 off pick up from store. Of course you'll get more with more games you'll trade in. 

- Forza Horizon 4 (XB1)- $29.99/$23.99 with GCU- TIV with Elite Pro- $30

- Rainbow Six: Siege (XB1/PS4)- $19.99/$15.99 with GCU- TIV with Elite Pro-$16.20

- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (XB1/PS4)- $14.99/$11.99 with GCU- TIV with Elite Pro- $15

- Batman: Return to Arkham (PS4)- $19.99/$15.99 with GCU- TIV with Elite Pro- $16.20

Has anyone else found any other good flips from BB to GS or anywhere else? I'll update as I find more. 

Can anyone PM me some gamestop only boomerangs. i got a lot of credit and wanna add onto it tomorrow as its my day off.

There's a bunch of Redbox to GS movers.

-Sea of Thieves

-LEGO Ninjago Movie

-Shadow of the Tomb Raider

-Sonic Mania Plus

- Skyrim

-GTA V

-Gran Turismo Sport

-Shadow of the Colossus 

4 for 10 sale pickups, if anyone is looking for ideas:
Split second (ps3)
Marvel ultimate alliance (360)
Sniper ghost warrior 2 (360)
Dark messiah: might and magic elements (360)

Also got the Solvieg totaku for $5.

Finally got my retro sale shipment. I ordered 9 games... Only 1 was in the case, 3 didn't work, and one was a game i didn't order. I received crash 2 for the psx instead of cruisin usa for the n64. An unfortunate shipment. Looks like I'll be making a trip for returns tomorrow.

Speaking of GCs have you ever seen a cell service gift card there like ATT prepaid or something

Pro day incoming!

Looks like my image didnt upload, kinda weird but Pro Day is the 23rd

These are the gift cards that I saw today at my Gamestop in the mall. Southwest on the bottom row. Sorry for the blurriness, my phone is old.

vgr2g8.jpg

Does Gamestop no longer stock Subway, Dominos, Wendys, etc gift cards?
I took this picture (from a mall GS) of what they had back in January, not sure about today. Subway, Dominos, Wendys are on the 2nd to last row.

So, a bit anecdotal but two gamestops in my area closed down. The only one left is a prestige store. No idea what this means for their business but a little worrying if I were an employee or stock holder. 

So, a bit anecdotal but two gamestops in my area closed down. The only one left is a prestige store. No idea what this means for their business but a little worrying if I were an employee or stock holder.
Did they suddenly close without warning or was it known before hand?

If it was a sudden closure that may be more interesting, but if publicized then maybe not.

2 store closures out of several thousand globally doesn't seem like a cause for concern, but the total number of stores has dropped.

Found this interesting article related to California locations: https://www.pe.com/2019/02/04/gamestop-agrees-to-50000-in-fines-and-penalties-to-end-riverside-county-consumer-protection-suit/amp/

This is probably a dumb dumb question but ironically enough I just checked the app and my Elite Pro says it expires on the 23rd. Does that mean the 22nd is my last say or at the end of day on 23rd is my last day?

"That includes certifying that the seller to the retailer was the owner of the property, and retaining the items for at least 30 days before resale." That sucks. I love not having to wait 30 days to buy stuff that's traded in. I wonder if this is just consoles or games too?
They claim to do it on consoles here in California, to the point where they have the trade date and last name of the seller on the box. I never received a pre-owned console with less than 30 days on it. But for games, they flip them right away if they can from what I've seen.

Question, is there a new $5 preorder promo or did this employee just try to pull a fast one on me? Redeemed a $25 off certificate before I went in to get the Dawn of the dragons game. He rings the game up and puts in my PUR and then tells me I can put $5 down on a game for free. I noticed he had already applied my $25 certificate and when I said I'll do $5 on Fire Emblem my total went from $15 to $20. I was moving a preorder anyway so I just did that to get it back down to $15 he asked if I wanted to preorder something else free I said no. At the end he mentioned he saved me a lot of money. Don't want to burn him if there is a legit promo going on, but im guessing there isn't and he was going to use the money I was saving from my cert to get a preorder? 

This morning, I went back to the same GameStop that I went to the other day and grabbed these on the four used games for $10 sale.

Brunswick Pro Bowling - Xbox 360 Kinect

Injustice: Gods Among Us - PS3

Lego Marvel Superheroes - Wii U

The Lego Movie - Wii U

Again, for $2.25 per game after Pro discount, this is a damn good deal if you aren't picky.

I will test the Wii U games later to make sure that they work since I've read some things on the Internet about Wii U games not working properly after they have been resurfaced by GameStops, but the manager assured me that they never resurface anything at his store.

This morning, I went back to the same GameStop that I went to the other day and grabbed these on the four used games for $10 sale.

Brunswick Pro Bowling - Xbox 360 Kinect

Injustice: Gods Among Us - PS3

Lego Marvel Superheroes - Wii U

The Lego Movie - Wii U

Again, for $2.25 per game after Pro discount, this is a damn good deal if you aren't picky.

I will test the Wii U games later to make sure that they work since I've read some things on the Internet about Wii U games not working properly after they have been resurfaced by GameStops, but the manager assured me that they never resurface anything at his store.
Definitely test the discs anyway--they could have been resurfaced at some other store or warehouse before getting sent to that manager's store, unless he's somehow 100% certain both of those Wii U games were traded in at his store.

Got an email today that a local store was moving (getting out of a dying mall) with a 20% coupon.

Definitely test the discs anyway--they could have been resurfaced at some other store or warehouse before getting sent to that manager's store, unless he's somehow 100% certain both of those Wii U games were traded in at his store.
Will do. The funny thing is that it's been over a year since I last played my Wii U. In 2.5 hours when the Gamepad is fully charged, I'll know whether or not I got gypped out of $4.50 for these Lego games.

Yeah, yeah, I know about the seven day return policy. :roll:

The store near my work officially closed yesterday and I got one of those 20% off coupon from the closes store. Does it work on new games? I know GameStop rarely have coupons off new games but the fine print doesn't include new games, just hardware and gift cards.

Just found out today is the last day officially for the store closest to me to be open. They already had the Wii, Wii U, Vita and DS/3DS games pulled from shelves, behind the counter and ready to be boxed up(to send to other stores). Glad I went in for Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on PS3 today(which turned out to be the 1st game entered in the system wrong), otherwise I wouldn't of known about it. Found out going to next closest store that had a copy that the lease was up and there was too much stuff going missing at the closing store.

Now it seems like all the Gamestops in my area are either in a mall or within 200 yards of a Walmart.

The store near my work officially closed yesterday and I got one of those 20% off coupon from the closes store. Does it work on new games? I know GameStop rarely have coupons off new games but the fine print doesn't include new games, just hardware and gift cards.
It's usually on preowned, but might want to just check.

Theres a pro day this saturday, is it best to wait to trade stuff in?  I have about 15 games I want to trade but cant remember if they do trade promos for those or just sales...

Theres a pro day this saturday, is it best to wait to trade stuff in? I have about 15 games I want to trade but cant remember if they do trade promos for those or just sales...
If they are current gen games that are on the stealth bump list (posted earlier in this thread.) You probably want to trade them in tonight before your GameStop closes. Pro Day trade bumps generally do not stack with trade promos.

Nope just both bundled together for a discount.
Thank you.

On another note, does anyone know the last time a bump carried on until Tuesday due to a holiday? My GameStop email said values are good thru 2/18, but I noticed that the GameStop.com trade quote generator is already saying 2/19 at the bottom. Perhaps its foreshadowing of a continued bump?

Thank you.

On another note, does anyone know the last time a bump carried on until Tuesday due to a holiday? My GameStop email said values are good thru 2/18, but I noticed that the GameStop.com trade quote generator is already saying 2/19 at the bottom. Perhaps its foreshadowing of a continued bump?
Don't trust that date on the site or any on the app. I'm more likely to believe an emailed date but I'm always skeptical of GameStop dates

"That includes certifying that the seller to the retailer was the owner of the property, and retaining the items for at least 30 days before resale." That sucks. I love not having to wait 30 days to buy stuff that's traded in. I wonder if this is just consoles or games too?

They claim to do it on consoles here in California, to the point where they have the trade date and last name of the seller on the box. I never received a pre-owned console with less than 30 days on it. But for games, they flip them right away if they can from what I've seen.
In the area of New York that I live in everything has to be placed on a "trade hold" for 14 days before it can be sold

Went in to trade 7 games ($51 store credit) and exchange 1 retro game I got online that didn’t work. The retro game was 23.99 and the guy put it as a return and then under purchase the same game was listed for $31 online purchase. Did I just get fucked out of $7? Was that shipping cost? If I buy a retro game and go to exchange it for not working why tf am I paying shipping again?

Went in to trade 7 games ($51 store credit) and exchange 1 retro game I got online that didn’t work. The retro game was 23.99 and the guy put it as a return and then under purchase the same game was listed for $31 online purchase. Did I just get fucked out of $7? Was that shipping cost? If I buy a retro game and go to exchange it for not working why tf am I paying shipping again?
You got screwed bro. Rookie mistake

You guys need to check the transaction on the pin pad screen before finalizing anything at GameStop

In the area of New York that I live in everything has to be placed on a "trade hold" for 14 days before it can be sold
Its different everywhere, and gs falls under pawnshop laws/rules I guess, in some parts of Jersey they need dl, photo and finger print to trade stuff in, as does the bestbuy, and there is a hold period on everything, but in other parts not far away they dont even ask for dl.

Stealth bump is dead

Thanks to the promo, and bump I have a now astronomical amount of credit, to game for years to come (if they are around that long)

Thank you GameStop

I realize I'm behind the times here, but what's the consensus on the extra 30% for Elite stacking with the additional 10% for Pro Day on Saturday?

I realize I'm behind the times here, but what's the consensus on the extra 30% for Elite stacking with the additional 10% for Pro Day on Saturday?
It will work but keep in mind increases from the stealth bump are gone

So some games may or may not have benefited. You really had to weigh your options this weekend

It will work but keep in mind increases from the stealth bump are gone

So some games may or may not have benefited. You really had to weigh your options this weekend
I'm just looking to offload the last gen games that aren't worth the effort on eBay that I held onto too long (and thus watched their values drop like a rock and stay there in October).

Their values have been low and pretty static since then, so I took a chance on squeezing an extra 10% out of them.

Pro Day most likely will not stack, but Prestige Day will most likely stack. (Historically, this is how it has worked)

As an aside, I was able to get $45 for Resident Evil 2 thanks to bump and promo..that was great :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back