2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just looking to offload the last gen games that aren't worth the effort on eBay that I held onto too long (and thus watched their values drop like a rock and stay there in October).

Their values have been low and pretty static since then, so I took a chance on squeezing an extra 10% out of them.
I'm in the process of purging old games as well, but noticed that many of my sealed games (for example God Hand PS2) actually have a decent value according to gamevaluenow...so the process just became more complicated (and maybe financially rewarding)

Point is, I would double check before handing over to GS for a pittance.

I'm in the process of purging old games as well, but noticed that many of my sealed games (for example God Hand PS2) actually have a decent value according to gamevaluenow...so the process just became more complicated (and maybe financially rewarding)

Point is, I would double check before handing over to GS for a pittance.
Did you just want to flaunt that you have a sealed God Hand?

Random note: Just received a single $70 rebate visa card from the black friday xbox deal.  I ordered two different, eligible xbox 360s online during the promo, but was only credited for one.  Has this happened to anyone else?

Random note: Just received a single $70 rebate visa card from the black friday xbox deal. I ordered two different, eligible xbox 360s online during the promo, but was only credited for one. Has this happened to anyone else?
Did you send them in separate envelopes?

I once bought a copy of Snatcher for $20. :whistle2:
Dam I paid $250 for my snatcher. Although I once bought a copy of team buddies for $1 at a trift store and then a lot of Genesis/Saturn games for $150 ($5 a game) which had panzer dragoon saga, shining force iii, house of the dead, and burning rangers in there. Not to brag, but I will. I still have the convo in my Facebook chat. One of my best moments game hunting. I just remember as soon as the guy sent me the photos of what he had i pounced out of bed, grabbed a wad of cash, and didn’t even brush my teeth just ran out the door in the hopes to snatch it first. He then asked what my offer was and I played it cool saying I had some of those already so not sure yet. And he threw $150 at me by then I was already in my car driving to the next town over and promptly agreed. Ahhhh good time.

Dam I paid $250 for my snatcher. Although I once bought a copy of team buddies for $1 at a trift store and then a lot of Genesis/Saturn games for $150 ($5 a game) which had panzer dragoon saga, shining force iii, house of the dead, and burning rangers in there. Not to brag, but I will. I still have the convo in my Facebook chat. One of my best moments game hunting. I just remember as soon as the guy sent me the photos of what he had i pounced out of bed, grabbed a wad of cash, and didn’t even brush my teeth just ran out the door in the hopes to snatch it first. He then asked what my offer was and I played it cool saying I had some of those already so not sure yet. And he threw $150 at me by then I was already in my car driving to the next town over and promptly agreed. Ahhhh good time.
The $20 Snatcher was a great find and it was also like 1999 so the prices on retro games weren't nearly what they are today. $20 was a steal back then, but Snatcher definitely wasn't worth what it is now then. I also sold my copy sadly when I was in a rough spot and needed money.

Also scored two of the Zelda CD-i games before for $1 each and had them for years. I think a fellow CAG took them off my hands actually. Game hunting isn't nearly as fun as it used to be since deals are hard to come by on older games. I tend to focus on collecting more modern stuff now since you can still come across great deals and I am actually actively playing the games. I'd love to buy some older games like Pocky and Rocky or Burning Rangers, but there is no way I'll ever pay what they typically sell for.

Does anyone know if trade in prices will go back to SB value on Saturday? I’m about to pick up a Switch lot for super cheap and wanted to know if I should trade in the games ASAP or wait.

Does anyone know if trade in prices will go back to SB value on Saturday? I’m about to pick up a Switch lot for super cheap and wanted to know if I should trade in the games ASAP or wait.
SBs only happen once a month. So it is doubtful.

That sucks. Why couldn’t the guy post this a day earlier!!! Lol. Oh well. I can probably resell half for my money back and flip the rest for GameStop credit. :/
Honestly, if you have Elite, the 50% promo should get the AAA Switch titles to $40.50, which is probably more profitable than eBay for many if not most of them.

So two stores in my area closed down and I talked to the managers and to the DM. The DM said this closing one store because the redundancy and closing the other one because the rent went up. The managers said differently, the lease was just signed in November and they gave them one week notice that they were closing. On top of that the manager was told do not let anyone know they were closing, but to tell everyone that they were moving locations. It just so happens the location they were moving to already has a GameStop there. I do think they are starting to do what several of us have suggested and closing down redundant stores. They just have too many for the amount of business that comes in.

also in case anyone was wondering both managers got a severance.

Honestly, if you have Elite, the 50% promo should get the AAA Switch titles to $40.50, which is probably more profitable than eBay for many if not most of them.
Yea I figure I’ll trade them in but I dono. I have like 400 in credit already. I rarely buy games anymore unless it’s retro shit and their retro online is honestly pretty garbage. I like collecting cib and I never get a cib game when buying off there even with GameCube games.

I bought Snatcher around the time it was released. From some EGM articles I thought it looked pretty cool. I got it at a Circuit City next to a Tower Records.

When a KB Toys was having a store closing sale I remember they had a couple left. I didn't even bother to see how much they were. I mean, I already had it. Why would I want another?

I've been meaning to play Policenauts. I bought a copy back in the late 90's, and thought maybe I could work my way through without knowing Japanese. Minutes after the opening cut scene I knew that wasn't going to work out. But for a while now there's been a fan translated version.

I renewed my PUR account this weekend with points. I also traded in 5 games. I just checked my PUR points and I have a bonus 10,000 point entry separate from my points for my trade ins. Anybody see this before?

Edit: I should also add the bonus points entry is from today while the trade ins were from Sunday

I renewed my PUR account this weekend with points. I also traded in 5 games. I just checked my PUR points and I have a bonus 10,000 point entry separate from my points for my trade ins. Anybody see this before?

Edit: I should also add the bonus points entry is from today while the trade ins were from Sunday
Did you pre-order a game that was eligible for $10 a while ago?

Does the weekly ad update on Sundays now?

I might have gotten this too.

If they are current gen games that are on the stealth bump list (posted earlier in this thread.) You probably want to trade them in tonight before your GameStop closes. Pro Day trade bumps generally do not stack with trade promos.
Damn, I just noticed that, a lot were around $28 and now theyre $14 - $16. Craigslist it is.

Did you buy far cry new dawn? That has a $10 promo with it, even if u don't preorder.
That's a no as well. I haven't purchased anything from gamestop (outside of renewing PUR) since Christmas. I will say my PUR account had lapsed since my Elite expired. I just renewed and went from Member to Pro.

I had hoped others would have seen it too and we could figure out what triggered it. If it was simple everyone could get in on it, but who knows *shrugs*

Great i purchased New Dawn on Friday and the transaction hasn’t appeared on my account. Now it’s going to be a pain with customer service to get the $10 coupon.

Is anyone seeing 75% off Clearance collectibles at their stores, or is it still 50%?  Heard of a store doing 75% off now but it sounds like it's a partial ThinkGeek store.  Sounds very YMMV.

Is being able to purchase a game at one location and doing a return/rebuy at another location to use a B2G1 cert YMMV?  Or should I just expect to be able to do this without verifying at the store first?

Is being able to purchase a game at one location and doing a return/rebuy at another location to use a B2G1 cert YMMV? Or should I just expect to be able to do this without verifying at the store first?
YMMV because some associates have been known to fight customers over smaller things. There is no official policy for your scenario.

Prestige day has the b2g1 and it’s only at prestige stores.
Yep, I was wrong. Thinking back to the last prestige day, I remember that's the case as I had to drive 40 minutes... and I wouldn't have done that had it just been specific games on sale.

Is anyone seeing 75% off Clearance collectibles at their stores, or is it still 50%? Heard of a store doing 75% off now but it sounds like it's a partial ThinkGeek store. Sounds very YMMV.
It's 75% off at stores that are 50/50 collectibles/games.

Yeah, I was just in a GS yesterday and it was a larger store that carried way more collectibles than most Gamestops. They had an additional 75% off clearance collectibles going on. Too bad the games and system peripherals that were on clearance didn't qualify for the additional 75% off.

I managed to get a peek.. ad isnnt supposed to be opened until the 22nd. I remember seeing
$10 off headsets.
Destiny 2 Forsaken is $20
Fallout 76 is $35
Spyro is $30
Black Ops 4 is $30
The Wit her 3 Complete is $15
AC: Origins is $20
God Eater 3 is $50
Madden 19 is $20
AC: Oydessey is $20
WWE 2K19 is $25
NBA 2K19 is $25
The Crew 2 is $15
Battlefield 5 is $25
Just Cause 4 is $40
That's all I remember

You get a B2G1 coupon if you buy anything on the 23rd
A free copy of Gears 4 with any Xbox purchase including Anthem ($250) and Fallout 76 ($400) bundles
Extra 10% trade in
B2G1 on Pops
40% off board games
Also Xbox One Volcano red is $50

I'll add as I remember some deals!

That's all I could remember. Overall it isnt too horrible if you dont have anything to play. The ad was 4 pages though

I managed to get a peek.. ad isnnt supposed to be opened until the 22nd. I remember seeing
$10 off headsets.
Fallout 76 is $35
Spyro is $30
Black Ops 4 is $30
God Eater 3 is $50
The Crew 2 is $15
Battlefield 5 is $25
Just Cause 4 is $40
That's all I remember

A free copy of Gears 4 with any Xbox purchase including Anthem ($250) and Fallout 76 ($400) bundles
Extra 10% trade in
B2G1 on Pops
40% off board games

Nice work, ec91762!

Some of those game prices are already live, such as Crew 2 and Assassin's Creed Odyssey, which are both good PUR points to trade credit movers when doing 5+ trades with elite, if you're into that kind of thing.

Did you notice if there was the usual blanket extra 10% off used games as well? The last few pro days I stacked elite, 10% and cag16 for like almost half off everything I wanted. 

$10 off headsets.
Fallout 76 is $35
Spyro is $30
Black Ops 4 is $30
God Eater 3 is $50
Madden 19 is $20
WWE 2K19 is $25
NBA 2K19 is $25
The Crew 2 is $15
Battlefield 5 is $25
Just Cause 4 is $40
That's all I remember

Extra 10% trade in
B2G1 on Pops
40% off board games

I'll add as I remember some deals!
Was Tetris Effect mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back