2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I can either hope these are in stock at the store and not pay tax or just stay home and get them shipped but pay taxes on them. How lazy do I feel today?

Redeemed a -10 digital cert cuz I thought i could get elite pro n cag16 but it doesn’t work. Anyway I can unredeem it?

Good luck! Don't forget that you can search for the games that you want to find in-store on the website before going to the store. Although it's nice to randomly find a game that you've been wanting, that little feature has saved me a lot of time and gas.

I've bought 52 games from the 4 used games for $10 sales since they started having them. Now, I just need to try them all.

wow at them disabling cag16.  Will probably take them months to get it back working again.

It's been a while, but I recall PUR certificates not working on pro day deals in store.  Is this still the case?  TIA

it looks like accessory trade values have gone up (a bit) for a lot of items. Makes the 10% trade bump on accessories almost look appealing.

wow at them disabling cag16. Will probably take them months to get it back working again.

It's been a while, but I recall PUR certificates not working on pro day deals in store. Is this still the case? TIA
Its more a glitch than disabling anything as no pre-owned related discounts of any kind are working online...

Does Gamestop consider the earbuds that come with the PS4 to be the wired headphones? Not seeing a value for the earbuds. I know a few people on here have mentioned that they were able to trade in their earbuds for $5 in the past.

Does Gamestop consider the earbuds that come with the PS4 to be the wired headphones? Not seeing a value for the earbuds. I know a few people on here have mentioned that they were able to trade in their earbuds for $5 in the past.
Yes. You may have to coach them or go to another store. Also, it's usually easier when you have other trades at the same time.

I just tried the retro online, and it didn't give B3G1....are some consoles excluded?
yeah i see no such deal on retro. no idea what that guys talking about
W7gpaD0.png

UvfKg0K.png

You callin me a liar, bub?? :^o

Just called Gamestop to ask them about why I am unable to get any promos as an elite member through their website. I waited 20 min. Got connected to someone and they hung up on me. This is ridiculous. No wonder they are going out of business.

Just called Gamestop to ask them about why I am unable to get any promos as an elite member through their website. I waited 20 min. Got connected to someone and they hung up on me. This is ridiculous. No wonder they are going out of business.
I just spent all morning on the phone with them trying to get my Elite Pro discounts and my rewards coupon to work. Once my membership is out I'm fucking done with them, especially anything involving their garbage website.

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is an even trade to Bestbuy if anyone is looking for credit there.
Just a ymmv, but you may have issues trading in to Best Buy in store. One store i stopped at the girl refused to take my trade in because it didn't match the golden edtion picture they had listed.

I ended up picking up Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES), Aidyn Chronicles (N64), Banjo Tooie (N64), and LOZ: Oracle of seasons (GBC) with Edge shipping it was $56.90 which seemed good enough.

“He who throws dirt loses ground.”

Hello. For the pro day sale, they are advertising 30% extra off pre-owned games and accessories. through gamestop's app im seeing switch game lego undercover for 19.99 with elite discount. With this sale today, is it another 30% off that 19.99 price?

I had put a hold on a game (Crew 2), and couldn’t pick it up for a few hours. Went to pick it up, and while waiting in line, hear the worker mention that they were going to sell the “last copy” of the Crew 2 to some guy 3 people in front of me. When the worker finds my held copy, she asks who it’s being held for (says my name out loud), and I mention that it’s for me. Bottom line, I was able to get the last actual copy, and the other dude did not. BUT if I wasn’t there at that exact moment, it would have sold before I got there, a lame excuse would have been given about why the hold couldn’t be fillled - even though I got the confirmation email an hour after I placed the hold.

Gonna write a nice little survey reply for that one....this was a Prestige store btw.

The bonus 3 months isn't printing out on receipts when purchasing 6 months of Xbox Live. The associate was on hold with store level support for 45 minutes waiting to find out how to fix the problem. Just an absolute mess.

The bonus 3 months isn't printing out on receipts when purchasing 6 months of Xbox Live. The associate was on hold with store level support for 45 minutes waiting to find out how to fix the problem. Just an absolute mess.
My spidey sense tingled today when I was thinking about buying these, so I didn't. Sorry that it happened to you, hard to figure out how they push these promos and then have no support to do something so simple. Hanging out in a busy Gamestop for 45 mins sounds unpleasant.

The bonus 3 months isn't printing out on receipts when purchasing 6 months of Xbox Live. The associate was on hold with store level support for 45 minutes waiting to find out how to fix the problem. Just an absolute mess.

Sorry it happened but Thank you for letting me know that was the only thing i was gonna buy

Besides AC and Crew 2 anybody know anything else that can make cash with a small loss or better?

Just a ymmv, but you may have issues trading in to Best Buy in store. One store i stopped at the girl refused to take my trade in because it didn't match the golden edtion picture they had listed.
She didn’t bother to look at the picture. The base version bar code scanned for $20 so she went by that.

Just ordered Golf Club 2019 online with free shipping. Not worth bothering to drive over to my local store. Only thing I was interested in.

Someday posted earlier that it doesn't stack.

Anybody know if you prepay for an in store pickup online with credit do you get charged no tax?
You shouldn't be charged tax on any item paid for with credit, but I've never done what you specifically asked, so "Maybe?"

Also, I decided to call my local GS, and the rep told me that if it doesn't stack automatically, he'd go ahead and do it anyway. Definitely worth a call to your local store if you're debating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back