2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought AC: Odyssey on 1/18/19 from GS for $24.99 trade credit. Never played. Traded on 2/16/19 for $28.00. Bought again today for $19.99 trade credit. Most likely won't play for a good bit. Maybe another trade in the future?

Bought AC: Odyssey on 1/18/19 from GS for $24.99 trade credit. Never played. Traded on 2/16/19 for $28.00. Bought again today for $19.99 trade credit. Most likely won't play for a good bit. Maybe another trade in the future?
this is exactly why I held myself back from jumping onto that deal. My backlog needs house cleaning and no more additions.

Well, Gamestop managed to outfox me. Since I couldn't return the crap Mario Kart they sent me since it was part of a buy 2 get 1 free promo, I ordered another copy a la carte.

It arrived today and it's in worse shape than the first one! That one would at least get far enough along that the Wii would recognize there was a Gamecube game in it, and then error when you tried to load the game. 

This one doesn't even get recognized! Just a big old question mark on the screen.

Ridiculous. 

Well, Gamestop managed to outfox me. Since I couldn't return the crap Mario Kart they sent me since it was part of a buy 2 get 1 free promo, I ordered another copy a la carte.
It arrived today and it's in worse shape than the first one! That one would at least get far enough along that the Wii would recognize there was a Gamecube game in it, and then error when you tried to load the game.

This one doesn't even get recognized! Just a big old question mark on the screen.

Ridiculous.
Aww man that sucks. I was thinking of getting some GameCube games during this sale, but I fear it.

Went and got $200 store credit for a ps4 I bought for $50 which I thought was a sweet deal originally but then I learned it was banned from going online. Called up 3 gamestops to ask if they accept systems that cannot go online and are banned as I would not have traded it in if they did n0t and just played offline mode. However to my surprise 2 said yes and the other wasn't sure and couldn't answer. The first guy was funny cuz he said oh the account is most likely banned and im like no I reformatted the hdd after buying it at a flea market and made a completely new profile and it still wont let me on, im 100% sure it's the system that is the problem. He's like, eh we'll take it anyway. Man do I love me some gamestop :)

Went and got $200 store credit for a ps4 I bought for $50 which I thought was a sweet deal originally but then I learned it was banned from going online. Called up 3 gamestops to ask if they accept systems that cannot go online and are banned as I would not have traded it in if they did n0t and just played offline mode. However to my surprise 2 said yes and the other wasn't sure and couldn't answer. The first guy was funny cuz he said oh the account is most likely banned and im like no I reformatted the hdd after buying it at a flea market and made a completely new profile and it still wont let me on, im 100% sure it's the system that is the problem. He's like, eh we'll take it anyway. Man do I love me some gamestop :)
yeah, they are great as long as you dont buy used systems from them...

So a new ad comes out tomorrow?  I wonder if the 20-30% bonus will still be going on tomorrow or if they will reset their promos. 

Honestly they’re just acting like the sites broken and they gotta fix it when they’re actually doing it on purpose so we can’t stack deals like cag16 and get a good deal

I had a good trip today.  Yesterday, I purchased Mario Odyssey, Zelda, and Smash Bros with a b2g1.  TRied Smash Bros and hated it.  Took all the games to a different store today that had Donkey Kong in stock.  I explained that I didn't like Smash and would like to exchange it for DK.  He made the exchange for me with no problem.

So a new ad comes out tomorrow? I wonder if the 20-30% bonus will still be going on tomorrow or if they will reset their promos.
According to the fine print the bonuses end tomorrow so if they won't be replacing them until Monday but I'd be really surprised if they did add new bonus promos.

Looking forward to the Tax Sale. Had some collectibles in my online cart and saw most doubled in price. I didn't have a Pro account so it was probably just for the day. Now I'm hoping they're not sold out online by tomorrow.

AC Odyssey is still $20 all next week

$10 rewards cash with purchase of KH3

$5 extra trade credit when trading any switch game

$10 pur credit with preorder of division 2

Reward cert I already redeemed has been active in my account for over a week. For those who have had this happened, how many times did you take advantage of this?

It seems like their whole system is way behind as none of my purchases from the weekend have updated. Code still in my active offers lol.

Honestly the sales are a lot better now with the tax refund sale, especially for preowned games. Just go under price drops, you'll see so many more games dropped in price.

My thinking is, why have a pro day sale then the next day come out with better sales. What's the incentive to have it.

Thanks for this I was mad i missed pro day!
Honestly the sales are a lot better now with the tax refund sale, especially for preowned games. Just go under price drops, you'll see so many more games dropped in price.
My thinking is, why have a pro day sale then the next day come out with better sales. What's the incentive to have it.

AC Odyssey is still $20 all next week

$10 rewards cash with purchase of KH3

$5 extra trade credit when trading any switch game

$10 pur credit with preorder of division 2
Hmmmmm.... they probably won't stack because it's Gamestop, but doesn't the trade 5 for 30% end today?

How good is one of them Razer mice? My local Gamestop sold one to me half off because its package was damaged when I mentioned it to them last night.

Reward cert I already redeemed has been active in my account for over a week. For those who have had this happened, how many times did you take advantage of this?

It seems like their whole system is way behind as none of my purchases from the weekend have updated. Code still in my active offers lol.
This happened to me too. I used a $50 reward cert last week and it was still in my active offers.

I used it again last night and it is still there as of this morning. I'm tempted to use it a third time.

This happened to me too. I used a $50 reward cert last week and it was still in my active offers.

I used it again last night and it is still there as of this morning. I'm tempted to use it a third time.
Yeah I was able to use it a bunch of times. But mines only $15. Curious how close they monitor it. A 50 cert might be more suspicious, but I bet you could at least use it twice.

A purchase during pro day is supposed to give a b2g1 for ps4/xb1 titles in active offers later this week.
Yeah and RE2 being the last day means the only $30 guaranteed x1/ps4 titles are kingdom hearts till thursday, metro, anthem and jump force. So I am not sure if it even has any flip/boomer value especially with the 3/20% and 5/30% ending today too. Only other game I want to pick up again that is readily available now is RDR2. Anybody know of any other good titles that have been having their values hold or bumped every month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back