2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah and RE2 being the last day means the only $30 guaranteed x1/ps4 titles are kingdom hearts till thursday, metro, anthem and jump force. So I am not sure if it even has any flip/boomer value especially with the 3/20% and 5/30% ending today too. Only other game I want to pick up again that is readily available now is RDR2. Anybody know of any other good titles that have been having their values hold or bumped every month?
To answer my own question, it would seem rdr2 would be the best bet for now, if I buy 2 x1 copies and 1 ps4 copy I can trade in 1 ps4 and 1 x1 copy for $20.40 each, essentially getting the price I paid for them using the b2g1 back and keep the reduced price x1 copy for myself.

I'm more about that buy 2 get 1. What are people looking to get? Flipping thngs?
If anthem, jump force, or kingdom hearts 3 are available they will probably be $25 base so with elite and the guaranteed $30 you will get $35 per copy making a whopping $5 profit per game if you dont pay taxes on trade credit and have some to spare

does gamestop take original xbox games? i have a stack of games that are playable on xbox one, so they must have some value but none of them can be found on GS.com trade values page.

i know i've traded some in the last year but even those titles' trade values aren't found on their website.

I had a renewal b2g1 that I managed to use yesterday on some games I wanted so I hope that won’t affect me getting another b2g1. Likely not but with GS you never know.

does gamestop take original xbox games? i have a stack of games that are playable on xbox one, so they must have some value but none of them can be found on GS.com trade values page.

i know i've traded some in the last year but even those titles' trade values aren't found on their website.
Yes you can trade OG Xbox games, there’s very few consoles they don’t accept anymore. Now if the game is below a certain $ amount then they will refuse it but that’s across all platforms

bday coupon does stack with the b2g1, but it'll take it off the most expensive game, so using it on an order with 3 54.99 games wastes it.  using it on an order with 2 44.99 and a 54.99 game is something though.

So I’m confused with something, did we just need to buy anything yesterday for the B2 or did it have to be a game per se?? (GS is always vague about shit like this)

Guys, this is kind of big, but I just found out that Amazon apparently doesn't seem to care if the DLC from something is included at all, as long as the cover art matches. I picked up a copy of Destiny pre-owned at GameStop (2.99 before elite) and made sure it was one that had the Destiny The Collection cover art (disc is the same, cover isn't). I traded it to Amazon as Destiny The Collection for like $10 at the time, super easy flip. Probably works on both XBox and PS4. Easy way to turn a few bucks at GameStop into a lot more at Amazon.

So I’m confused with something, did we just need to buy anything yesterday for the B2 or did it have to be a game per se?? (GS is always vague about shit like this)

Well I bought a Boo beanbag do that better trigger the coupon. It was in the damn ad.
Fvck yeah, you guys are fine. Ad just says "Make a purchase today, 2/23"

Anyone know if they take a ps3 that powers on and plays digital games fine, but won't read discs?  I'm guessing yes with a refurb, but don't know for sure.  Looks like $27 for a tiv after elite.

No switch??? Wha??????!!
Yeah this a bummer, I really wanted to pick up Mario Odyssey, Smash and another switch game. I might not even use my coupon if it's PS4/Xbone only

Anyone know if they take a ps3 that powers on and plays digital games fine, but won't read discs? I'm guessing yes with a refurb, but don't know for sure. Looks like $27 for a tiv after elite.
It's worth a shot, they took a GameCube from me in 2006 without testing the disc drive. You'll be hard pressed to sell it for $37 to someone without a working disc drive so it might be worth a shot taking it to GS

The only tax sale that Gamestop should be look for is the estate tax sale, since this flier and yesterday's pathetic excuse for a Pro day show they're on the way into a coffin and getting put six feet under. 

Sorry for the double post. Am on mobile. Damn that really sucks about switch games. Was looking to get Has Been Heros, Overcooked, and Moxiemans Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back