2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything I need to do with my PS4 Pro before trading it in besides resetting/initializing it?
I wouldn’t even reset it, just deactivate as your primary, dust it off and take it there. It’s better that way since they can try any game already installed instead of waiting for a game install.

Has anyone encountered a GS employee that insisted that the DLC code in a trade in game was unused?  Had an issue last night with trading in RDR 2 Ultimate and the GA insisted that the ultimate dlc was intact...wasn't ready for that so just walked out.  Any help here?

Yes you can trade OG Xbox games, there’s very few consoles they don’t accept anymore. Now if the game is below a certain $ amount then they will refuse it but that’s across all platforms
I entered the names of several PS2 and original Xbox games into their trade-in search engine, and they didn't provide a value amount. So, I think they only want the uncommon or rare ones so they can bilk you out of the profit you might have gotten from selling them on Ebay.

Has anyone encountered a GS employee that insisted that the DLC code in a trade in game was unused? Had an issue last night with trading in RDR 2 Ultimate and the GA insisted that the ultimate dlc was intact...wasn't ready for that so just walked out. Any help here?
I’ve bought many preowned games with unused dlc. If it had that sweet steelbook, I would’ve bought it. But it’s definitely ymmv on DLC in preowned games.

I entered the names of several PS2 and original Xbox games into their trade-in search engine, and they didn't provide a value amount. So, I think they only want the uncommon or rare ones so they can bilk you out of the profit you might have gotten from selling them on Ebay.
Each store used to have a binder with trade values for older games and retro. Haven't seen on in a while.

GameStop cherry picking? How typical

Yeah same here, I just didn't know that a game with DLC originally had to include that DLC for a trade in. super weird.
That can't possibly be true . I'm gonna ask my friend who works at GameStop, but I am 90% sure that dlc IS NOT required for trade in

Yeah same here, I just didn't know that a game with DLC originally had to include that DLC for a trade in. super weird.
It doesn't work that way. There is no trade in difference for red dead 2 regular vs ultimate. It's the same value either way. Just trade it in disk only if you want to avoid that nonsense but sounds like the worker wanted an unused code for himself...

So I emailed CS re: CAG16 not working on pro day through the mobile app and they've been surprisingly responsive. They said that once the order is prepared for shipment the discount will be applied. I'll take that with a grain of salt but I have to give them props as they mailed me a $5 gift card the last time I wrote in because free shipping with elite didn't apply to order the other week. 

It doesn't work that way. There is no trade in difference for red dead 2 regular vs ultimate. It's the same value either way. Just trade it in disk only if you want to avoid that nonsense but sounds like the worker wanted an unused code for himself...
Ohh didn't think about that angle. I'll try trading it without the inserts. He even put the codes into his PSN account to test. Guess that should have been a red flag.

Ohh didn't think about that angle. I'll try trading it without the inserts. He even put the codes into his PSN account to test. Guess that should have been a red flag.
I traded in Destiny the taken king collection on PS4 with an un-used code a while back. The GS employee said he would take it but he only gave me the TIV for Destiny base game. :whistle2:k

I traded in Destiny the taken king collection on PS4 with an un-used code a while back. The GS employee said he would take it but he only gave me the TIV for Destiny base game. :whistle2:k
There's no difference in trade in value for destiny vs destiny taken king. There isn't even a separate listing for trade values. It's all taken in as destiny. That's how they handle all games with digital dlc on a code and not on the disk.

Has anyone encountered a GS employee that insisted that the DLC code in a trade in game was unused? Had an issue last night with trading in RDR 2 Ultimate and the GA insisted that the ultimate dlc was intact...wasn't ready for that so just walked out. Any help here?
Never had a GS person look at anything but the disc. I turn in lots of caseless games cuz I buy lots of used with crappy cases. Never a peep.

Really? I've had a couple of Gamestops charge me refurbishment fees because I had no case, saying it costs them money to have to provide a case. Were they lying to me? 

Really? I've had a couple of Gamestops charge me refurbishment fees because I had no case, saying it costs them money to have to provide a case. Were they lying to me?
I can't speak for GS policy but I regularly turn in PS3, PS4 and Switch games with no case and have NEVER been charged a refurb fee. I have at least 6 GS nearby and I've traded into all of them.

Hey Saathe, I think you should check yourself. Surveys are life. I talk to the employee and they hook me up with great info for good surveys.

Someone tried this with me when I was trading in a stack of Wii U games disc only. She even went into the back to “call her manager” to confirm the refurb fee is legit because it costs money to create cases and print a label. I said nah and left with my games and left a survey. The DM called me next day and apologized profusely and that it shouldn’t happen.

Employee here.
Refurbished fee should not be charged for disc only games.
Games traded do not need the dlc code.

Varies by district we are told any missing inserts or cases = refurb fee no exceptions
I really don't like the logic of this. The cheap plastic cases and generic paper slips GS uses for cover art is a fixed cost while the refurb fee scales based on the value of the game. I think that's pretty contradictory and probably logical that the refurb fee should not be applied toward the cost of a case.

I really don't like the logic of this. The cheap plastic cases and generic paper slips GS uses for cover art is a fixed cost while the refurb fee scales based on the value of the game. I think that's pretty contradictory and probably logical that the refurb fee should not be applied toward the cost of a case.
So you’d pay me the same price on eBay for a disc in a paper sleeve as one in original case with art/manual? I highly doubt it

So you’d pay me the same price on eBay for a disc in a paper sleeve as one in original case with art/manual? I highly doubt it
Gamestop is not using the original case with art/manual. They are using a generic games case.
To me a gamestop case is not worth any more than a paper sleeve.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I went into gamestop for the first time in months yesterday. While checking out the girl ringing me up asked me for my number. Been about 24 hrs now and she never called or text. Should i be worried or should i just go back and see what's up?

I also picked up a Vita and i love the condition i got it in, pretty surprised. They just put out a OG gameboy too, i regret not buying that.

I went into gamestop for the first time in months yesterday. While checking out the girl ringing me up asked me for my number. Been about 24 hrs now and she never called or text. Should i be worried or should i just go back and see what's up?

I also picked up a Vita and i love the condition i got it in, pretty surprised. They just put out a OG gameboy too, i regret not buying that.
Do a store pickup for Catherine

Raw go back and ask about b2g1 and switch deals. These are the questions people need answering. Sorry about the double post, mobile

Those districts that charge refurbs for no cases suck then.  Don't they have a message on the website that literally says "No case no problem" or something along those lines.  I'd try quoting that

Gamestop is not using the original case with art/manual. They are using a generic games case.
To me a gamestop case is not worth any more than a paper sleeve.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Their cases are trash.

Gamestop is a national chain - their refurb policies shouldn't vary from store to store. No matter what the DM says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back