2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
There shouldn't be a problem trading in the same game (same platform) 2 days in a row right? It's that 3rd time that can trigger?
You can trade up to 4 copies of the same title/same platform in a 30 day window. Not at the same time, of course. It is best to do this all on the same day at 4 different locations.

There shouldn't be a problem trading in the same game (same platform) 2 days in a row right? It's that 3rd time that can trigger?
4x cap for the same title and same system. No more than 1 for each trade-in batch at that one store, but also probably no more than 1 at that store in one day.

Thanks. With the $5 switch bonus, Target has an $8.98 game that trades in for $18.20 with Pro. Didn't want to get a ban for something silly like that.
not gonna share that game here lol? Never mind im pretty sure its wwe2k18 for switch

Since I have no willpower I went ahead and picked up Dragon's Dogma (PS3), Assassins Creed Brotherhood (XBOX 360), COD: 3 (Wii), & COD: MW III (Wii) for under $10.  I already spent $150 bucks over the last week or so getting other titles (mostly SNES, N64, and PS).

GameStop error in my favor. Order 4 retro games as part of their b3g1 deal, and one of the games they sent me is the wrong one, but it's one I wanted that costs $20 more.

GameStop error in my favor. Order 4 retro games as part of their b3g1 deal, and one of the games they sent me is the wrong one, but it's one I wanted that costs $20 more.
You should still call customer service and get a refund on the missing game.

Great ... Now elite shipping won't work when trying to order 4 retro games. Total is well over $100. Works when adding a new or non-retro game. $12 to ship four retro games?

It worked with the membership for 36% off when it wasn't supposed to, they didn't know... they disabled the code a few weeks after elite came out.
Not 36%, I think it was 20% off, then 16% off, but still was a great deal. Best deal was the Pro Day in November with 10% + 20% + 16%. Got $180 worth of pre-owned games for $105.

It worked with the membership for 36% off when it wasn't supposed to, they didn't know... they disabled the code a few weeks after elite came out.
It stacked off and on after elite pro renewals died. Which makes me think they knew what was up, otherwise why work, then not. But hey - never know - it's gamestop.

But even on their subreddit people would mention CAG16. It's no secret. And no one is emailing customer service to let them in on it (if you've ever emailed GS customer service you realize that they almost never read/return emails anyway)

I feel like they didn't mind that it stacked with Elite Pro on normal non-pro days as it probably still helps get people to buy more. But after stacking it with elite and pro-day before they were probably like nuh-uh.

I just wonder what it takes to get it re-enabled. Maybe they are testing the waters again to see how much in the way of online purchases they get without it on again.

I feel like they didn't mind that it stacked with Elite Pro on normal non-pro days as it probably still helps get people to buy more. But after stacking it with elite and pro-day before they were probably like nuh-uh.

I just wonder what it takes to get it re-enabled. Maybe they are testing the waters again to see how much in the way of online purchases they get without it on again.
It's a referral code for Cheapy whenever he generates traffic to GS. So my guess is when he feels like giving this site any attention - which has been seemingly nonexistent at times.

Lmao if only BB were here to see people literally emailing and DMing corporate about why special discounts aren't allowing exploits. Who needs IATCG with friends like these! No wonder GS deals are mostly dead.

Lmao if only BB were here to see people literally emailing and DMing corporate about why special discounts aren't allowing exploits. Who needs IATCG with friends like these! No wonder GS deals are mostly dead.
I mean, we had an actively maintained boomerang sheet designed to scam them for profit, not too surprising they aren't in a hurry to turn cag16 back on

Your parents must’ve done a bad job with you. You do realize you were the one who gloated when you ‘discovered’ the summer glitch and abused it? Mama and papa Jurai hopefully aren’t pushing out any more hypocrites. How’s your failed attempt at brickseek going?

I mean, we had an actively maintained boomerang sheet designed to scam them for profit, not too surprising they aren't in a hurry to turn cag16 back on
You're joking right? You literally abused the glitch during Christmas and then said using the boomerang list is a scam? Gotta quit being two faced my man or maybe gamestop will hook ya up for being such a white knight!

I feel like he's definitely still here. I loved BB but there's no way he has truly stayed away. He lurks at the very least.

You're joking right? You literally abused the glitch during Christmas and then said using the boomerang list is a scam? Gotta quit being two faced my man or maybe gamestop will hook ya up for being such a white knight!
Only the real slimy ones ask the people who find a glitch to PM them personally and then brag about it on the internet for days!

Who is this "we?" It was one person, He Who Can Not Be Named, that maintained the sheet. You and I had nothing to do with it outside of profiting from it.

After being on what I thought would be no more than a 3 month trade block at the beginning of last year for going over the title limit in a 30 day period, I finally got the block lifted. I tried 2 times prior to last summer with no success (well, I was told it was lifted and then never was). Gave up until this month due to an issue with an order (had to file a complaint with the BBB) and put in a request to have it lifted.

I bought the Dishonored 2 and Prey 2-pack for $19.99 because I thought it was a new SKU that either puts both on one disc or puts both discs in a single case, but I found when it arrived that it's just the two games shrink-wrapped together with a paper insert. Good price for good games if you don't have them, but this bundle is otherwise nothing special.

They brought back the bonus-towards-a-cancellable-preorder deal store managers loathe. Only 20% extra though and only for Devil May Cry.

Anyone had luck returning gift cards? I bought 2 Wendys gift and one kept getting an error not activated in store. Pin code has been unscratchdx off

Just for funsies - what's the best way to use the following in one transaction (all of which I currently have)?

B2G1

20% Birthday coupon on used game

$15 off digital coupon on used game

Would I have to but one item that was much higher than the rest (ie $54 vs $18 or whatever) to get the value of the coupon, or should I just hold off on using it?  Don't want it to get burned for no reason, but my B2G1 expires tomorrow, and would like to maximize the savings. Or would separate transactions be the best bet?

Just for funsies - what's the best way to use the following in one transaction (all of which I currently have)?

B2G1

Would I have to but one item that was much higher than the rest (ie $54 vs $18 or whatever) to get the value of the coupon, or should I just hold off on using it? Don't want it to get burned for no reason, but my B2G1 expires tomorrow, and would like to maximize the savings. Or would separate transactions be the best bet?
Use the $15 off to bring the higher game down to the same price as the other 2. I am not sure how it would work if you used all three together.

$15 off most expensive game
20% off most expensive game, after $15 off
B2G1, free item will be the cheapest after all other discounts

Does the 20% trade bonus towards devil may cry also work with the whole "get 30 for x game by certain date" thing? Seems silly to need a promo just to get the 30 but whatever.

B2G1

Would I have to but one item that was much higher than the rest (ie $54 vs $18 or whatever) to get the value of the coupon, or should I just hold off on using it? Don't want it to get burned for no reason, but my B2G1 expires tomorrow, and would like to maximize the savings. Or would separate transactions be the best bet?
Need more info...what is your end goal...3 games, 2 games, or 1 game, which console(s), or trade credit for something else?

also, how many GS stores are in close proximity and what are the expiration dates of the three coupons?

Anyone had luck returning gift cards? I bought 2 Wendys gift and one kept getting an error not activated in store. Pin code has been unscratchdx off
You can't return gift cards, but you should go back to the store where you bought it and explain what happened. They should be able to look into it.

Is the buy 4 $5 and under games for $10 in store still active?
I used it yesterday and Wednesday without an issue. I'm assuming they are going to keep running it through this week or their Tax Return sale if I had a guess. I'm probably going to run by another Gamestop today and see what they have too as I've gotten some good games and my Pro discount stacks which make it just under $10 including tax.

Does the 20% trade bonus towards devil may cry also work with the whole "get 30 for x game by certain date" thing? Seems silly to need a promo just to get the 30 but whatever.
No, you only get one. Usually the system automatically gives you the bonus that nets the best deal.

Does the 20% plastic bag thing add onto 20% elite trade ins? Also if it does, any good boomerangs with the b2g1 PS4/Xbox thing.

After being on what I thought would be no more than a 3 month trade block at the beginning of last year for going over the title limit in a 30 day period, I finally got the block lifted. I tried 2 times prior to last summer with no success (well, I was told it was lifted and then never was). Gave up until this month due to an issue with an order (had to file a complaint with the BBB) and put in a request to have it lifted.
BBB doesn't really do much but good luck

I bought the Dishonored 2 and Prey 2-pack for $19.99 because I thought it was a new SKU that either puts both on one disc or puts both discs in a single case, but I found when it arrived that it's just the two games shrink-wrapped together with a paper insert. Good price for good games if you don't have them, but this bundle is otherwise nothing special.
I used a $20 cert on this one for Xbox One about a month ago. Good to go into a GameStop and get two great games for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back