2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't need to add it to my backlog since it already is in my backlog in Vita, but I picked up the Trials of Cold Steel for PS4 since the Gamestop by my work had only received one copy and I managed to pick it up before they gutted it. After some PUR it was only $26 for me and a co-worker decided to buy a PSVR and didn't have a membership so I got to use my Elite Pro card once more before it expires in 4 days to reap those reward points for that purchase too. 

Really torn on my cart right now. I could grab Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls 3, and Detroit for $40. But, of course, they'd sit in my backlog as I only now just got Dark Souls Remastered (and can't help but feel the need to complete the set). Of course, any of these seem liable to show up as PS+ freebies.[attachment=31999:Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 10.54.24 AM.png]

Really torn on my cart right now. I could grab Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls 3, and Detroit for $40. But, of course, they'd sit in my backlog as I only now just got Dark Souls Remastered (and can't help but feel the need to complete the set). Of course, any of these seem liable to show up as PS+ freebies.
attachicon.gif
Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 10.54.24 AM.png
Detroit most likely will show up as a PS+ game at some point. I'd say pass though you could do better with the B2G1 free and the Dark Souls games aren't going to be hard or expensive to pick up later.

FYI, DMC5 and Divison 2 trade in for $35 if you're Elite. They still fall under the $30 guarantee for pro members. Easy flip with the B2G1 free.

Nice! Picked up Sekiro, DmC V, and KH3 with the B2G1, and had traded KH3 for $42 last week. I’ll trade the first two back in and essentially buy back KH3 for $18.
Nice haul! I picked up sekiro on release and am loving it, I plan to beat it and trade it by the deadline. Got DMC5 in the b2g1 but haven't decided if I want to play it or trade it.

The hard part is finding those games all at one store (or 2 convenient stores). That's why the Anthem bonus going away sucked because that game was like Fallout 76...it was everywhere. Division 2 and DMC 5 are actually quite popular and tend not to stay in stock too long around here.
Surprisingly, the GS app let me put holds on Sekiro and DmC V. I can’t find Division 2 anywhere around me, and it’s probably because of the endgame and year one pass. I’m hanging onto my copy...super solid game imo and quite a bit of replayability.

Sorry if I missed this, but is the b2g1 only in store? I have 3 Xbox one games and b2g1 not working on the site or app. I am a power up rewards member

Sorry if I missed this, but is the b2g1 only in store? I have 3 Xbox one games and b2g1 not working on the site or app. I am a power up rewards member
It's supposed to be working online. By any chance are you trying to use CAG16? If so, that's why.

Got lucky and picked up Division 2 steelbook and DMC5 and grabbed RE2 as my third. Already got DMC5, so I'll trade it back in at another store and will have gotten Division 2 and RE2 for $26.50 a piece

Picked up Metro Exodus & Devil May cry 5 for Xbox and The Division 2 for ps4. Tho it was between two different stores, had to do a return rebuy at the second.

Cag16 ain’t stacking with b2g1 online but weird that when I remove cag16 it makes express shipping $5. ($65total in cart including shipping)

With cag16 applied I get express shipping free ($68 total in card including shipping)

Oh and I’m elite pro

Kind of odd request, anyone happen to have an Elite Pro account I can borrow for in store purchase? I only have the basic tier membership and haven't set foot in GS for about 2 yrs now, wanting to pick up some recent releases with the B2G1 promo. Please PM if you do!

No Division 2 or Sekiro ANYWHERE around. Those of you who are getting these consider yourselves extremely lucky.
My area has a real hard time getting newer games traded in. Even stuff that's been out for a few months now like RE2 isn't easy to come by around here.

When the promo says "GET 25% EXTRA CREDIT WHEN YOU TRADE ANY XBOX ONE WIRELESS OR PS4 DUALSHOCK WIRELESS CONTROLLER!", will that 25% be applied to your entire trade in, or just the controller?

Thanks!

When the promo says "GET 25% EXTRA CREDIT WHEN YOU TRADE ANY XBOX ONE WIRELESS OR PS4 DUALSHOCK WIRELESS CONTROLLER!", will that 25% be applied to your entire trade in, or just the controller?

Thanks!
Just the controller. Should stack with Elite Pro (if you still have it) or Pro bonus though.

yet another survey asking about stuff Tell us what you think. is the subject

some of the more interesting questions

Which of the following, if any, would be a motivator for you to purchase pre-owned games at GameStop?
Select all that apply
Better trade offer when trading for pre-owned
More loyalty points when you purchase pre-owned
Price match promise
An always lower than new price promise
Better warranty/guarantee on performance
A pre-owned "leasing" program or membership
Improved packaging to reduce the "pre-owned look"
Other, please specify
I am not willing to purchase pre-owned games at GameStop

also asking

Other than games, what pre-owned products would you expect to be able to buy or trade at GameStop?
Select all that apply
Expect to be able to buy Expect to be able to trade
Connected home devices (Amazon Alexa, Google Home)
Tablets (iPad, Galaxy Tablet)
Comic books
Connected media devices (AppleTV, Amazon Fire Stick)
Smartwatches
Personal computers
Bluetooth speakers
Smartphones
Gaming headsets
4K, Blu-ray or DVD movies & boxed sets
Laptops
PC gaming accessories (keyboard, mice)
Collectable cards
Bluetooth headphones
Collectibles (Funko Pops, statues)

don't they already take smartphones and tablets for trade

i figured out why my online b2g1 wasnt working. i guess there really are exclusions. if i include telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy, it doesnt give the offer. if i try 3 other games, it works. strange

How long do PUR points take to show after a transaction? I did 2 transactions 2 days ago and only one showed up (finally) this morning. Can it take a few more days for the system to catch up?

How long do PUR points take to show after a transaction? I did 2 transactions 2 days ago and only one showed up (finally) this morning. Can it take a few more days for the system to catch up?
They usually show up within a few days. However, occasionally they have system problems and points aren't recorded. If they don't show up after a week, call customer service.

Hit the trifecta yesterday. Picked up Sekiro (PS4), Division 2 (PS4), and DMC V (XBONE) from a Gamestop on my drive home from work. Sekiro and Division 2 were traded in that day. The store had no idea the sale was going on. There was an XBONE Sekiro available at another location, but I read the framerate is a bit better on the PS4 version. Also considering returning one of either DMC V or Division 2 for RE2. 

Hit the trifecta yesterday. Picked up Sekiro (PS4), Division 2 (PS4), and DMC V (XBONE) from a Gamestop on my drive home from work. Sekiro and Division 2 were traded in that day. The store had no idea the sale was going on. There was an XBONE Sekiro available at another location, but I read the framerate is a bit better on the PS4 version. Also considering returning one of either DMC V or Division 2 for RE2.
DMC was a blast just finished it

Which of the following, if any, would be a motivator for you to purchase pre-owned games at GameStop?
Select all that apply
Price match promise
Other, please specify

also asking

Other than games, what pre-owned products would you expect to be able to buy or trade at GameStop?
Select all that apply
Comic books
Smartwatches
Personal computers
Bluetooth speakers
Smartphones
Gaming headsets
Laptops
Collectable cards
Bluetooth headphones

More esports!

Yeah normally I use .com to order the b2g1 and just pay the weight. I then call and let them know or take it back to the store and re/re. I've called before and they refunded my prorated amount...... And theres then other times where they refund the whole order after sending it. 

Gamestop online is trash
So much this. They'll charge shipping randomly. The B2G1 didn't start on-time. There's so much coded wrong when it comes to ordering stuff online. And then there's getting random empty cases or wrong versions of games which happens so often.

Ordered Injustice 2 Legendary recently and I have a horrible feeling that I'm gonna get a plain Injustice 2 in it's place

Wow nice. Seems like I can't even find a used copy of Division 2 or Sekiro around these areas.  The closest one is like 30 miles away.

Select all that apply
Price match promise
Other, please specify

also asking

Select all that apply
Comic books
Smartwatches
Personal computers
Bluetooth speakers
Smartphones
Gaming headsets
Laptops
Collectable cards
Bluetooth headphones

At least it seems like they're trying to get customer feedback on what they want to be able to purchase in-store or what their expectations are. I'd love for them to sell retro in-store.

Yeah, some of that stuff they already take trade-ins on (some headsets, phones, tablets, smart watches, etc.) but I bet they're trying to expand into other categories or just focus on what the average customer goes into GameStop expecting to buy/trade.

No point buying/selling stuff if 99% of the customer base doesn't know you sell it or go to your store as an option for those things.

Wanting to try out Far Cry 5 but can’t figure out 2 other worthwhile games to get at the same price (29.99) to make the most of the b2g1. Seems to be an odd price that not many games fall into. Any suggestions?

XB1 by the way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back