2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanting to try out Far Cry 5 but can’t figure out 2 other worthwhile games to get at the same price (29.99) to make the most of the b2g1. Seems to be an odd price that not many games fall into. Any suggestions?

XB1 by the way...
Overclocked 2 is a fun multiplayer coop game. Its slightly below the price listed, but Kingdom Come is great too.

went in to pick up my Trails of cold steel, only copy new and they gutted it. love how they treat "new items"
Such a shame. My preorder arrived in a bubble mailer. Yeah that's getting sent back.

Dropped another 50 mira and bought my copy instore from Best Buy, happy with its condition. It's a very nice steelbook and of course a great game.

Sekiro is amazing and also annoying at the same time. I'm glad I get to rent it for a month to so for free. Maybe I'll get to the first boss by then.

Anyone bored and want to hear about the shady practices of many GS?

https://youtu.be/2AkekOnVoMo

No thanks.

Probably the same old tired stories I hear about them all the time. I've made tons off them. Don't care.
It's always the same old tired stories. In reality, Gamestop is no better or worse than any other retailer. Honestly, they are probably better than a lot of retailers. I've gotten some excellent deals at Gamestop over the last couple of years. They do a lot of things wrong for sure, but at the end of the day, we are all going to miss Gamestop when it's gone.

The same people who bash Gamestop non-stop usually end up being the ones that got busted doing shady shit and want everybody to believe they're the hero of their twisted tale. I remember EB Games before they merged, I've shopped at numerous retailers, become friendly with plenty of ground floor associates, managers and a few district bosses. My experience? It's a for profit retailer that has done some shit stuff but has also done some great stuff. Don't like the store? Cool, move on and STFU already. Have an experience, real experience, and want to share? We're all ears. Just to bash ad nauseum because you can't flip those 75 copies of 5 Below games doesn't make you a victim

They raised a bunch of games I was planning to buy with b2g1 free. Persona 5, Detroit become human, and Yakuza 6 all went up in price.Also Persona 5 used was available around me and now  no where in stock within 100 miles...

The crazy part to that is Persona 5 used is now the same price as new, and Detroit being $25 used is $5 more than retail new at $20 from anywhere else including PSN digital.

Well there goes my hope for humanity for the rest of the month. Dude complains about a shady manager's practices at Gamestop, but proceeds to repeat the process in order to get his full hours. Then wonders why anyone would complain to human resources about how he runs a store. tl;dr Boss was a liar, he was trained to be a liar, and wonders why people would call him a liar.

I love these videos.  
*Boss made me work and if I didnt maintain consistent standards, they would tell me that Retail was not for me.*
*Boss would tell me I sucked when I sucked and wouldnt praise me when I did a good job....even though I didnt do a good job by my own admission*

I’ve waited so long to play persona I might as well wait for whatever persona 5 royal is.
I haven't played P5 but Im assuming it's a complete edition with whatever DLC they may have released. I paid 16.99 for my copy of P5 from Best Buy with GCU which was probably a mistake even at that price because by the time I get around to playing the game it's probably going to be that cheap for the newer version.

Tales from the Borderlands used pretty much dried up in my area overnight due to yesterday’s teaser and today’s Gearbox conference. It’s also part of the 4/$20 for now unless GS jacks up the price. Just a heads up for those interested.

Actually the problem expressed in the gamestop video isnt uncommon even beyond gamestop and especially in sales.
Just look at the mortgage backed securities crisis. Same thing, people need to perform or lose their livelihood. You either toe the line or get kicked to the curb.
When your bosses boss is told his job is in jeopardy, all focus is on self preservation which leaves little room for considering others livelihood.
Not too ramble on too much off topic but it's relevant in competitive sports as well with cheating and doping. If you dont cheat and everyone else does, your not performing and you lose your job.
I guess moral of the story is competitive based business models are a bit soulless and flawed?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Still haven't gotten PUR points for my trade-in on Monday. Oddly the purchase (same day) went through the next day for points. Guess I'm emailing or calling. Why is the PUR system so slow?

So I've pre-ordered Yoshi and paid for the whole thing upfront, but if I do a trade-in during the same transaction in which I pick up Yoshi, I should still get the 20%, correct?

Well, the 20% still works, and apparently mortal Kombat 11 will be giving the same bump, or may already be doing so. I don't see that advertised on the trade page? But an employee was talking to another about it when they were surprised about my Yoshi 20% boost.

20% EXTRA CREDIT WHEN YOU TRADE TOWARD ASSASSIN'S CREED 3 REMASTERED

Edit: I don't remember seeing this but it's been active since 3/22 til 4/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back