2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I was at Walmart, and they had Switch version of South Park Stick of Truth in the bargain section for $19.99 (2 copies), before buying it, I searched online prices.

Gamestop has it for $14.99 in store only.  The gamestop right across the street didn't have it and I would have had to drive 40 min.  So just FYI if you have it in your area, that's the best price.  Went to another Walmart, no copies, but I had purchased 1 from the first store for 20 bucks.

So I was at Walmart, and they had Switch version of South Park Stick of Truth in the bargain section for $19.99 (2 copies), before buying it, I searched online prices.

Gamestop has it for $14.99 in store only. The gamestop right across the street didn't have it and I would have had to drive 40 min. So just FYI if you have it in your area, that's the best price. Went to another Walmart, no copies, but I had purchased 1 from the first store for 20 bucks.
Why didn't you pricematch

Forgive my ignorance on the Presitge Days, but do they always include a B2G1 offer?

I have two near me and am trying to figure out a plan of attack, thanks!

Forgive my ignorance on the Presitge Days, but do they always include a B2G1 offer?
I have two near me and am trying to figure out a plan of attack, thanks!
Yep, and not just on pre-owned games either. The last Prestige Day, a worker at my local Prestige store bought 2 pre-owned Switches and an Xbox 1.

Top tier Switch games tanked even further today. Base TIV yesterday was $25, today base TIV is $22. The 50% bonus TIV coming up is the reason why it's so low.

On the fence to buy WWE 2k19 for $24.99...but do I really have time to play it?
If you have a Xbox One, it's free to play this weekend. So try it on there, if you have the system.

If not and you've gotten tired of 2K18 or 2K17 quickly after buying those, pass on it. I got it back in December and traded back in 3 weeks later. It's gotten to the point where it's really getting the Madden treatment. Where there's slight roster changes, but it's otherwise been the same damn game for the past 3 years. Even the Daniel Bryan showcase mode they added is incredibly short & boring compared to earlier games.

Drove 40 minutes total out of my way to hit a prestige store, only to find out it's no longer a prestige store despite Internet stating it was. 

Blah.

Drove 40 minutes total out of my way to hit a prestige store, only to find out it's no longer a prestige store despite Internet stating it was.
Blah.
Their website is definitely not updated. I called store listed as prestige yesterday asking about the b2g1 and was told they aren't prestige.

Don't count on online in stock checker. I was able to get a copy of Smash Bros. even though it said it was not available at my Prestige store.

To anyone that wants to know, I was able to buy 3 sets of the B2G1 (Switch games) in the same transaction. I am not sure what the limit is on the B2G1.

Blah.
That’s a bummer, thank you for sharing...I was already wondering if i need to call ahead (last time i didn’t and it was fine, but for some reason i’ve been thinking about it)

That’s a bummer, thank you for sharing...I was already wondering if i need to call ahead (last time i didn’t and it was fine, but for some reason i’ve been thinking about it)
Good luck getting them to pick up the phone. My store had a lot of people and only one employee working.

I got to my nearest store about 45 minutes after opening and someone already had a hold on all the good switch games. Lucky that guy has OCD and wants the cases for them so he sold them to me.

Good luck getting them to pick up the phone. My store had a lot of people and only one employee working.
As luck would have it, they did answer and are prestige. The most impressive thing was that they called me to tell me that my games on hold were ready for pickup!

Has anyone done the 4 for $20 in store today?  I really don't want to make a trip to GS today if it's not going on since I might be going back tomorrow for the Spring Sale.

Sorry if this question is dumb. But I have a bday coupon 20% off used game. Is that only valid on one game, or multiple. And will it stack with the prestige buy 2 get one?

Sorry if this question is dumb. But I have a bday coupon 20% off used game. Is that only valid on one game, or multiple. And will it stack with the prestige buy 2 get one?
Valid only one one game. It should stack w/ Prestige B2G1, but it’ll apply to the free game, so there’s no point in doing so.

Has anyone done the 4 for $20 in store today? I really don't want to make a trip to GS today if it's not going on since I might be going back tomorrow for the Spring Sale.
I visited a store, got 8 games for $32. Definitely still going on!

Unfortunately the one Prestige store in my area closed down due to the rent being too high. No B2G1 here

Doesn't work if all 3 games are same price. If you however buy 2 $54 used games and 1 $40 use game for example coupon will apply to the $54 game and $40 game will be free. I wanted all 3 games sake price so I didn't use the coupon.

Picked up Super Smash Bro's Ultimate, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and Super Mario Party @ one store. Then stopped by another Gamestop on the way home and Picked up both Pokemon Let's go Pikachu/Eevee & Hyrule Warriors.

If you have a Xbox One, it's free to play this weekend. So try it on there, if you have the system.

If not and you've gotten tired of 2K18 or 2K17 quickly after buying those, pass on it. I got it back in December and traded back in 3 weeks later. It's gotten to the point where it's really getting the Madden treatment. Where there's slight roster changes, but it's otherwise been the same damn game for the past 3 years. Even the Daniel Bryan showcase mode they added is incredibly short & boring compared to earlier games.
Thank you! I didn't even realize there was a free pass weekend...I downloaded it today and it's just like you said: a good game that has grown stale. Was wondering if it was worth it to grab the deluxe edition for $50 but I think I'll pass.

Managed to get a PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch and 1TB X1S at my local prestige store.  Would have preferred more switches but the PS4 Pro was white, just traded in and was in amazing condition.  Burned through a lot of credit and used some cash but I think it was worth it.

Top tier Switch games tanked even further today. Base TIV yesterday was $25, today base TIV is $22. The 50% bonus TIV coming up is the reason why it's so low.
It blows my mind how stingy GameStop has become since the "Garden Warfare 2" incident. I've had Powerup Pro for a few years, but there's no damn way I'm going to renew after this year expires.

Managed to get a PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch and 1TB X1S at my local prestige store. Would have preferred more switches but the PS4 Pro was white, just traded in and was in amazing condition. Burned through a lot of credit and used some cash but I think it was worth it.
Love it. So when are you gonna find the time to use all three and justify spending $600 + games?

Doesn't work if all 3 games are same price. If you however buy 2 $54 used games and 1 $40 use game for example coupon will apply to the $54 game and $40 game will be free. I wanted all 3 games sake price so I didn't use the coupon.
I can vouch for this. I have done this very thing in the past.

Love it. So when are you gonna find the time to use all three and justify spending $600 + games?
This question applies to me as well...I've got a switch and xb1s and I don't even have time for both of them. To make matters worse I bought the Spiderman Pro last Septmeber and haven't even opened it yet, SMH. No time.

I was hoping mlb the show 19 would blow me away and force me to open the Pro, but I got nowhere to set it up. Hoping for a good promo to get at least $200 for the XB1S.

This question applies to me as well...I've got a switch and xb1s and I don't even have time for both of them. To make matters worse I bought the Spiderman Pro last Septmeber and haven't even opened it yet, SMH. No time.

I was hoping mlb the show 19 would blow me away and force me to open the Pro, but I got nowhere to set it up. Hoping for a good promo to get at least $200 for the XB1S.
$150 tic is okay for an xb1s... But I'm holding out for something better.

Learn to fuck ing read. The PS4 was traded in, so there's only an Xbox and a Switch. And either could be future trade fodder.

Damn, man.
You seem to get really triggered over my posts. I really hope you aren't 33 or else you'll be living a (possibly) long life with no wife or children.

Also, I think you should read it again, buddy.

You seem to get really triggered over my posts. I really hope you aren't 33 or else you'll be living a (possibly) long life with no wife or children.

Also, I think you should read it again, buddy.
Lol what? Dont get triggered or else no wife and kids ahahah

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thank you! I didn't even realize there was a free pass weekend...I downloaded it today and it's just like you said: a good game that has grown stale. Was wondering if it was worth it to grab the deluxe edition for $50 but I think I'll pass.
The standard version is a deal of the day at Best Buy right now for only $19.99. Even less if you happen to have GCU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back