2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does cash same as credit work on consoles and accessories? It doesn't mention it in the fine print. What I'm getting at is will it work with the $200 OG PS4 trade-in value today?

Does cash same as credit work on consoles and accessories? It doesn't mention it in the fine print. What I'm getting at is will it work with the $200 OG PS4 trade-in value today?
The cash same as credit promo doesn't start until tomorrow(4/22). If you try it today, it'll be for 20% less than credit.

They tweeted yesterday saying that today is the last day for the most wanted trades.
Was wondering about this since they didn't send out that standard email for the trade bump guaranteeing values through Monday that they usually send out for 3rd week stealth bumps. I'd definitely get all your trades in today.

I noticed several games dropped that magical $9.99 price and now count for the 4 for $20 which I guess ends today?

On Xbox:
Prey
Final Fantasy 15
Gears of war 4
Far cry 4
Call of duty WWII
Arkham Knight
Yokes Island Express

Are all $9.99 now.

They tweeted yesterday saying that today is the last day for the most wanted trades.
The usual e-mail did not go out but the most wanted trades information was in a Rage 2 e-mail sent out on Friday. The disclaimer in the e-mail states the MWT values are good until 04/22/2019...

Chances it goes back down to $17 on BF? Wont be playing it for a while.

WOW. Detroit made it back up to $16.50. Definitely trading that in and getting the collection.

Also, when does the bump end?
Thanks for this. Got $18.00 (Elite Pro) TIV for Detroit, and got the Quantic Dreams Collection for $29.99. :bouncy:

i've got an email saying the bump goes through 4/22 too - can't tell if that tweet is trying to scare people into taking credit today instead of cash tomorrow or if they're actually gonna shut the bump down early

Just a reminder for people doing cash same as credit, the limit is $500/month. People in the past have mentioned getting banned for going over the limit.

Mentioned before, but here are the details.

28jfwbr.png

††Offer valid 4/22/19 through 5/12/19. At participating stores. Offer not available in California and select stores. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Not all states provide cash.

50% Bonus Trade Credit

†††Valid only in California and select stores. Offer valid from 4/22/19 - 5/12/19 for game and accessory trades only. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Here is the list (from before) of stores who get 50% bonus TIV.

https://m.gamestop.com/gs/images/tradecenter/CSAC_ineligible_stores.pdf

Debating over ~$350 trade credit today, or $300 cash tomorrow. Former is a sure thing, latter is a possibly maybe (they could tank TIV's for all we know, though I don't think they've done that in the past for stealth bumps). Price I paid, to what I would get back in cash would be almost exactly 1:1. Tempting.

i've got an email saying the bump goes through 4/22 too - can't tell if that tweet is trying to scare people into taking credit today instead of cash tomorrow or if they're actually gonna shut the bump down early
Yeah, I’m sweating because it’s like $110 more for what I have if values hold until tomorrow, since my local store is a non cash location. I’m gonna take my chances for that big of a difference.

im jelly about you all getting percentage instead of csac. i swung by gs on the way home from family gathering to trade in sekiro for $42 and sonic mania for $24.50. picked up 6 switch games that i just traded in friday and put $5 down on mk 11 switch. i plan to pickup ps4 and switch copies of mk 11 tomorrow and return and rebuy the switch games with the b2g1 promos (seperate transactions)

Do we know if this offer is still going, and if it worked on multiple transactions? I can't seem to find the start/end date for the offer, just the days the rewards cash is valid for.
Ended yesterday. I didnt get an answer if anyone tried using more than 1 in the same transaction. Would love to use mine to get MK 11 for very little

Debating over ~$350 trade credit today, or $300 cash tomorrow. Former is a sure thing, latter is a possibly maybe (they could tank TIV's for all we know, though I don't think they've done that in the past for stealth bumps). Price I paid, to what I would get back in cash would be almost exactly 1:1. Tempting.
Probably too late, but I would take credit if you have any use for any of their gift cards. My go to is Netflix and Home Depot /Lowes

Wait, so since the Cash same as credit starts tomorrow, does it stack with the 20% trade-in bonus going on? Would I be able to get the trade amount with the bonus as either credit or cash?

Oof, I hope the SB is still live tomorrow. I got a lot I'd just as soon trade than eBay. Were stores even open today? If not, that's gonna be the shortest bump in history if it ends tomorrow. If it doesn't end tomorrow...what's the ceiling on cash trade-ins when they run this promo?

Wait, so since the Cash same as credit starts tomorrow, does it stack with the 20% trade-in bonus going on? Would I be able to get the trade amount with the bonus as either credit or cash?
If you want credit. They're not going to give you 20% bonus cash because the promo is meant to make you buy the game to trade towards.

Probably too late, but I would take credit if you have any use for any of their gift cards. My go to is Netflix and Home Depot /Lowes
Yup, went with credit. Safer bet, and I'll be able to turn pur points into trade credit with the Days Gone 2-day return promo, get slightly more pur points opting for credit over cash, and I'll get a b2g1 coupon.

Oof, I hope the SB is still live tomorrow. I got a lot I'd just as soon trade than eBay. Were stores even open today? If not, that's gonna be the shortest bump in history if it ends tomorrow. If it doesn't end tomorrow...what's the ceiling on cash trade-ins when they run this promo?

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
$500 is the cash limit, don't go over if you want to avoid a ban.

$500 is the cash limit, don't go over if you want to avoid a ban.
I thought so - got like $490 the last time just to be safe. They should lift that cap when they do these Cash Same as Trade Promos, but I suspect we're our own worst enemies when it comes to that...

Yeah tho you can exceed $500, just don't even try to trade for a while after that lol. I traded in a ps4 pro, switch and xbox one s when they had cash same as credit last year and got $650, Tho I didn't trade anything else for like 2 weeks and was clear.

Some games have a lower than ususal "base" TIV because they were part of the Spring Sale...wouldn't be surprised if some values are higher next week then they are this weekend with the SB. 

I swear I've traded for way more during a CSAC promo before and didn't get banned but $500 is recommended just to be safe.

If I remember correctly, the trade values usually update around 8:00AM EST. If this is true, the bump is still active and I made the right call holding out!
I did as well, but not by choice as the mall my local GS is in was closed yesterday and didn't know until I tried to go in. Glad it held to today like it normally does!

If I remember correctly, the trade values usually update around 8:00AM EST. If this is true, the bump is still active and I made the right call holding out!
I did as well, but not by choice as the mall my local GS is in was closed yesterday and didn't know until I tried to go in. Glad it held to today like it normally does!
Yes, of course it held. The images on their Twitter page (the source for the chicken little fear) even said 4/19-4/22.

Just did some trade ins, I was able to get $6 (after Elite) cash for my wired ear buds that came with my PS4.

Does anyone know if they're going to do the b2g1 on the midnight launch of mk11? And if it's on 1 or multiple sets? And if it's something you can use when you pick it up or are just given a digital coupon for later?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back