2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the reddit post, you can do a b2g1 at the time of purchase and also you'll get a coupon in your offers later for another.
This, launch offer of b2g1 (probably 1 set) on same mk11 transaction and bounceback b2g1 offer on 4/29. i’m sourcing the full verbage from a reddit post so keep that in mind.

i have 6 switch games to return/rebuy with two transactions (ps4 and switch) and another different 6 on hold at a different store to do the same.

i’ll take all 12 to a third store and boom (wish it was a non csac and could get the 51 instead of 42 :/)

Some pretty good retro console values, the one that caught my eye is $40 cash for a Gamecube. I could barely sell them before for half that. They are around 60-70 on eBay but you are going to pretty much get what Gamestop gives after shipping/fees. I noticed they have them on their site for $125 which seems insane lol. Some other decent values are most older gameboys, snes, and dreamcast. 

I am lucky and have a few 50% extra stores close so i'll be converting my points to credit later along with a trade in or two.

Some pretty good retro console values, the one that caught my eye is $40 cash for a Gamecube. I could barely sell them before for half that. They are around 60-70 on eBay but you are going to pretty much get what Gamestop gives after shipping/fees. I noticed they have them on their site for $125 which seems insane lol. Some other decent values are most older gameboys, snes, and dreamcast.

I am lucky and have a few 50% extra stores close so i'll be converting my points to credit later along with a trade in or two.
I've noticed that games/systems from that gen have gone up recently, with the exception being OG Xbox (there was a short-term spike a year or so ago when XB1 backwards compatibility with it started--that was a fun time). I sold off my entire GBA collection (except for two of my consoles) and most of it sold for a good bit more than I bought it back in 2015/2016. Even PS2 stuff has some value now.

I forgot about that. Since I'm not dealing with the usual b2g1 gamestop math I can use the pre owned certs easily. Thanks!

I know it's always worked this way before, but we can confirm that the 50% also goes with the usual elite pro right?
I just did a trade today and got 50% plus my 20% elite.

Is the bump still going on? GameStop is offering 24 cash for Harry Potter switch. Also is $24 cash today only it will drop tomorrow?

Can confirm that there's b2g1 free with the final receipt for mortal kombat 11 pre-orders. Only got one set of switch games, so can't confirm if it works on multiples.

Im thinking about picking up two copies of Sonic Mania Plus from the Redbox one to keep and one to trade in for the $19.25 cash. Does GameStop have any issues with trading in Redbox games with their stupid sticker rings on them.

Thanks

Im thinking about picking up two copies of Sonic Mania Plus from the Redbox one to keep and one to trade in for the $19.25 cash. Does GameStop have any issues with trading in Redbox games with their stupid sticker rings on them.

Thanks
YMMV. Depends on who is taking in the trades. Some care, some dont. Some who care will let me trade it in if I show them the purchase email.

Whatever you do, take them out of the Redbox plastic case and put in a different case

Can confirm that there's b2g1 free with the final receipt for mortal kombat 11 pre-orders. Only got one set of switch games, so can't confirm if it works on multiples.
Associate on phone told me I had to do it (B2G1) in same transaction as pre-order purchase. But that's not the case? You get a B2G1 on the receipt for your pre-order purchase?

Associate on phone told me I had to do it (B2G1) in same transaction as pre-order purchase. But that's not the case? You get a B2G1 on the receipt for your pre-order purchase?
I just tried to do it with preorder and it didn't work. The associate tried pickup and it worked, said it will work at 6pm (it's 3pm here), but cannot do it till 6pm

Yeah it was with pick-up receipt, my store had it's pre-ring start at 3pm. It's the receipt that i will just pickup the game with at 9pm.

Yeah it was with pick-up receipt, my store had it's pre-ring start at 3pm. It's the receipt that i will just pickup the game with at 9pm.
Ok got it...thanks. Is the code that printed out with the pick-up receipt only good for tonight or does it have an expiration date? I'm gonna head down to GS in a few and payoff my preorder then. If I can then pick MK11 up and do the B2G1 tomorrow that would be better for my schedule.

Ok got it...thanks. Is the code that printed out with the pick-up receipt only good for tonight or does it have an expiration date? I'm gonna head down to GS in a few and payoff my preorder then. If I can then pick MK11 up and do the B2G1 tomorrow that would be better for my schedule.
It has to be on the same transaction with mortal kombat 11, and they also told me I should be getting another b2g1 coupon next week.

Bought GoW and Detroit for $37 on BF and turned that into $52 today, so not bad. Didnt play either of them though so some of that money is going back into them once they're on sale again. Sadly didnt even take my own advice to buy the quantic collection so I'll have to wait for another sale on that. California and Stealth bumps are too OP

Bout to trade in 2 Sega Genesis. Dreamcast. A Nes. Snes. N64. Ps1 n Ps2. N wine random accessories. Let’s see how this will play out.

Fully paid off my MK11 pre order but haven’t checked receipt for b2g1. Also just heard you can only get one or the other for mask and tin. Didn’t know you had to purchase 2 copies to get both.

Fully paid off my MK11 pre order but haven’t checked receipt for b2g1. Also just heard you can only get one or the other for mask and tin. Didn’t know you had to purchase 2 copies to get both.
I just fully paid off my MK11 pre order, and the SL said it has to be done in the same transaction. Picked up 3 more Switch games

No pre-ring for MK11 at my store, so no B2G1 as part of paying off the total amount, but they did say that once I pickup later tonight it will have a coupon printed on the receipt. Not a big deal not getting 2 B2G1 since I still have my B2G1 from renewing Pro last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back