2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
im actually having trouble understanding why gamestop would do this weird thing theyre doing with days gone

whats the endgame
I mean, if they know the game is really good, it'd be a smart move, since nearly no one will take advantage of the return, and people will buy the used copies.

Days Gone is not that great. I've been playing it since Monday.

It has a weird mission structure. Little jobs here or there are organized under specific "stories". But they're not really stories, because there isn't a narrative to them. Having to always keep a lookout for gas is a pain, because you can be stranded out of nowhere and have to walk back to camp on foot.

The aiming is terrible (compared to something like Uncharted/TLOU), unless you want to be a scrub and put on auto-aim. You'll have to use Focus to get headshot accuracy. Besides the opening 5 minutes which shows some promise, the rest of the game after that falls flat very fast. The voice acting delivery from the main character is bad. The environments don't really stand out or have memorable landmarks.

As for the good stuff, I suppose the scavenging is okay if that's your thing. Right now I'm just looking for NERO checkpoints (upgrades) and clearing out Freaker Nests to try and open up fast travel. I believe the main problem with the game is when they committed to trying to make the horde a thing. No way you can have great gameplay performance with that many elements attacking you. The gameplay feels very sluggish in return. This is a 7/10 max so far.
This is exactly what I was expecting given the trailers over the past few years. Mostly meh.

Anyone buying a game, a game especially like Days Gone, day one, is an absolutely idiot anyway. You'll be able to get it for under $20 on BF, the games real value.

You'll probably get trade banned. It'll most likely be a 90 day ban, but it could also be permanent. I would guess it is up to the loss prevention manager in your district.
Dam guess I’ll open a new pro account to trade the rest of my stuff in. Sucks that I’ll be getting less in cash tho. Balls. I don’t wanna get a trade ban when July is less than 90 days away.

Really tired of the frequent posts referencing BF when it's 7 months away & calling people names as if they aren't free to do what they want.  Welcome to the block list.

Anyone buying a game, a game especially like Days Gone, day one, is an absolutely idiot anyway. You'll be able to get it for under $20 on BF, the games real value.
What an absolutely idiotic statement. Only a fool would buy this on BF when you could wait until next year to get it free on PS Plus, the game's real value.

Anybody else having trouble purchasing using trade credit online? Keeps telling me my financial institution information doesn't match even though 1) it does and 2) I'm paying in full with credit

Anybody else having trouble purchasing using trade credit online? Keeps telling me my financial institution information doesn't match even though 1) it does and 2) I'm paying in full with credit
Try deleting your app entirely and re-downloading it. That piece of junk gets screwy sometimes, and that is the only fix for me.

I have had this problem for awhile on my PUR card with trade credit and gave up and just use the card in-store (where it still works fine). I asked them about it at the store and they said they could issue a new card by having me call corporate, but it sounded like a huge hassle and I don't use it much anyway. I started using a regular trade card (which I know is recommended here anyway) and haven't had a problem since.

I mean, if they know the game is really good, it'd be a smart move, since nearly no one will take advantage of the return, and people will buy the used copies.
It makes more sense to Buy it. Get the $10 Rewards Cash and the B2G1 free at time of purchase plus the coupon for it later. Trade it in for $59.99 within 48 hours. As long as the store isn't a trade hold store, you could immediately rebuy it the now pre-owned copy with the original $10 Rewards Cash and Elite Pro discount making it like $36. Not to mention if you bought Mortal Kombat 11 then you'd already have $10 Rewards Cash to take off the initial purchase as well.

It makes more sense to Buy it. Get the $10 Rewards Cash and the B2G1 free at time of purchase plus the coupon for it later. Trade it in for $59.99 within 48 hours. As long as the store isn't a trade hold store, you could immediately rebuy it the now pre-owned copy with the original $10 Rewards Cash and Elite Pro discount making it like $36. Not to mention if you bought Mortal Kombat 11 then you'd already have $10 Rewards Cash to take off the initial purchase as well.
What $10 reward for MK11?

Mark my words, Days Gone will be less than $40 during that yearly Sony Summer Sale they usually do around E3. Also this promo gives me an easier title to find and flip back since most of my nearby stores (Im talking 5 stores within 25 minutes of each other) never have the top tier Switch games preowned.

If you use a PUR cert to lower the cost of Days Gone specifically, it won't affect the B2G1 at all; the only issue would be if you used a PUR preowned-discount cert on a game from the B2G1 set. Case in point: I bought a copy of Mortal Kombat 11 yesterday along with 3 games for the B2G1, used a $10 cert on MK11, and the B2G1 was unaffected while MK11 dropped to $50.

You will supposedly get the future B2G1 coupon a few days later in your account's Active Offers, and you don't need to have preordered the game, just bought a copy by 4/28.
I assume multiple certs would work the same way for mk11, but I'm worried that they would be applied to one of the b2g1 games.

AHHHHH so i can do a $500 cash trade one day, then wait a day or two and do another $500 cash trade up until i hit $2000? and then id have to wait a month?
I believe it's
2000 trade
500 cash

But the poster was saying if you take 500 in cash only trade in 1500 for trade credit. Dont try to get 2500

Speaking of Days Gone...scrolling through the reviews I see a 1.5/5 and also a 9/10. This is gonna be fun.
Most of the higher reviews are probably that way because those outlets don't want to be taken off the Sony press list.

I don't see a B2G1 promo for Days Gone besides the email that I received a week ago. Can anyone confirm that Days Gone will have a B2G1 promo? TIA

I was not able to get a gift receipt for my purchase. I asked and the guy said he could only give the original receipt because of the b2g1 deal. He is a SL so I didn't argue with him
He is a liar and a cheat. I bought 5 copies of MK 11 at two different stores and have 5 gift receipts for them.

Yeah, I know. I plan to do all my online order returns at that store now
Does doing that really piss them off? I wanted to return one to a store the other day and the manager tried giving me the run around telling me to just mail it back, which I refused because I'm not paying to ship something back to them. After insistence, she relented and processed the return. That's not my usual experience, as I've never had a problem with it before.

With Days Gone getting mostly 7s in review scores I am hoping that a lot of people who pick the game up this weekend take advantage of Gamestop's promotion and return it by Sunday so that I can utilize my B2G1 coupon and pick up a used copy. 

With Days Gone getting mostly 7s in review scores I am hoping that a lot of people who pick the game up this weekend take advantage of Gamestop's promotion and return it by Sunday so that I can utilize my B2G1 coupon and pick up a used copy.
I bet you'll be able to pick up a copy of this tomorrow morning.

I personally stopped even trying to return my Gamestop online orders at stores, after much hostile resistance and lies by the employees.  Not just from one store but at least four employees from three stores did that.

I made my peace with it, I feel like it's waste of my time and energy (and sanity) to do that.  I just work with Gamestop customer service and surprisingly I have had luck in dealing with returns as long as I had a good reason.  They often sent me credit/gift card and asked me to keep the games, or sent me a replacement for free.  Not as good as Amazon's but still impressive for Gamestop.

I do wonder why the employees are so against it though.  Maybe the number of returns hurt their performance evaluation?  (If that's the case I do feel sorry for them because I didn't even buy from them to start with)  Maybe the stores are forced to keep the merchandise and sell them themselves, causing unwanted stock?  I don't know how the whole online-to-store return process works.  After all, many, if not all, Gamestop stores are independently operated by franchisees.

I remember when I worked at a mobile phone store, a return process was a b!tch.  When a customer returns a phone to me, the store has to pay out of its pocket, along with any promotional discounts back to the corporate, and the corporate will issue credit/refund to the store after 2-3 months, if at all (they sometimes mistakenly fail to do so, or even reject to issue credit/refund because there were unforeseen issues).  Returns are definitely not a fun business at any retail operation.

No they are not
Is each and every store actually directly operated by Gamestop corporate? I didn't know that! Good to know. I just assumed they're franchisees because there are so many stores, and I've met someone saying he owns two Gamestop stores. Maybe he meant he manages them.

Anyhow... If you're right, the employees have no right to tell me that they cannot process return for online orders. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back