2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! Would you use your GameStop account for the transactions or is that a bad idea? I’m just a regular (free) rewards member.
If possible don't use your PUR, since you will be returning it with a gift receipt. Just tell them you don't have an account. Once I did a transaction that I did not want to be tied to my account (converted credit to gift card) so I gave a fake phone number (my own number but not tied to GS).

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this.
I'm not sure why this deal gets so much hate. There a couple of reasons I've seen customers in my store do this.
1. They want a new warranty or new color
2. Their console might be defective

I mean what if your console is louder than it should be? You could get a brand new one with new warranty and possibly a game for $100

Have there been revisions to the Xbox One X yet, like quieter or lower power consumption or more reliable like the PS4 Pro has?

I'm assuming this was bullshit but before I shit on their survey it seems worth double checking on.

I took in some 360 play and charge kits and retro memory cards the other day. Both which are listed online with values. The manager stepped in and told me they don't take those and refused to even look at them even after I explained I checked values online first. Have they been phased out and the values are still online or was this manager just not wanting to take this junk in a trade? I could somewhat understand the play and charge kits but what's the reason for not doing the memory cards? It gets shipped to the retro warehouse location anyways right?

I'm assuming this was bullshit but before I shit on their survey it seems worth double checking on.

I took in some 360 play and charge kits and retro memory cards the other day. Both which are listed online with values. The manager stepped in and told me they don't take those and refused to even look at them even after I explained I checked values online first. Have they been phased out and the values are still online or was this manager just not wanting to take this junk in a trade? I could somewhat understand the play and charge kits but what's the reason for not doing the memory cards? It gets shipped to the retro warehouse location anyways right?
If it's listed online with a price, the stores are supposed to accept them. Sounds like someone that just didn't want it cluttering up his store until they clear out 360 stuff. Might want to try another store in your area.

Same thing happen to me last week when trading in some ps1 systems. The guy said they didnt take them. I told him it was listed on their trade in page and he looked them up and I was able to trade them in.

2 for 20 on $15 and under still ongoing, and Pokemon SuMo pricedropped to $15 (among a couple less-interesting ones, like NSMB wii and Galaxy 2); might try my luck grabbing one of those, since I struck out on walmart price shenanigans.

When you return the Xbox One X with the gift receipt, are they allowed to give you cash instead of store credit/gift card?

I paid with trade credit and the GameStop employee offered to give me a full refund in cash, but they didn't have enough in store, so I would have to wait until tomorrow for a manager.

Select 2$ pops and 3$ plush in store.
[attachment=32184:0F4A37CE-E57A-41E2-84B5-7B1B0DC7CC30.jpeg]

When you return the Xbox One X with the gift receipt, are they allowed to give you cash instead of store credit/gift card?

I paid with trade credit and the GameStop employee offered to give me a full refund in cash, but they didn't have enough in store, so I would have to wait until tomorrow for a manager.
I don't think anybody would complain about cash back instead of credit, especially considering the hottest activity in this thread. Did you try asking for credit? "Actually I don't mind taking store credit, if you can do that."

I don't think anybody would complain about cash back instead of credit, especially considering the hottest activity in this thread. Did you try asking for credit? "Actually I don't mind taking store credit, if you can do that."
I would have taken cash if they had enough, but I didn't want to wait for that manager. The same manager that denied my friend when he tried to return his Xbox One X and threatened to ban him if he tried abusing gift receipts again.

Why is it such a big deal to return the system with the original receipt? They can’t force a preowned switch back on you or steal the $300 of the switch from you... you’d think it’d raise red flags but not as much as a dozen geeks over one weekend returning Xbox’s with gift receipts asking for a Fallout bundle instead

Just get credit back and buy your white Xbox later in the week at another store

2 for 20 on $15 and under still ongoing, and Pokemon SuMo pricedropped to $15 (among a couple less-interesting ones, like NSMB wii and Galaxy 2); might try my luck grabbing one of those, since I struck out on walmart price shenanigans.
Confirmed that works; I guess $8 SuMo's acceptable, don't want to play the crapshoot in-store markdown game anymore. Now one mediocre pokemon game richer.

...And 3 mediocre CIB vita titles richer; Code: realize, Hakuoki, and 7'scarlet. Last one even with the bonus cards which obviously justifies the entire money sink investment.

E;

Select 2$ pops and 3$ plush in store.
This too. They had a decent-ish Megaman Rush plush there I considered for a bit, among other half-decent things.

Why is it such a big deal to return the system with the original receipt? They can’t force a preowned switch back on you or steal the $300 of the switch from you... you’d think it’d raise red flags but not as much as a dozen geeks over one weekend returning Xbox’s with gift receipts asking for a Fallout bundle instead

Asshole managers and junior detectives can get you banned. That’s why you be discreet as possible. Not wise to have LP and DMs keeping eyes on you

Xbox One X Trade-in deal is back, 5/5 through 5/19:

Valid toward purchase of select New Xbox One X consoles, excludes Fallout 76 bundles.

$300 - PS4 Pro, Xbox One X, and Nintendo Switch

$225 - PS4 Slim or Original

$175 - Xbox One S

$125 - Xbox One

928X400_Xbox_Trade_Offer.jpg
The Xbone is worth $100 less than a PS4. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Gamestop knows what's up.

All returns are subject to the manager's discretion

I don't know why I keep buying retro stuff off their website. Ordered Melee with pur points and the disc looks awful, big surprise it doesn't work. Now I have to go through the headache of getting points back.
Test it on a bc wii before sending it back just to be certain. Alot of gc games can work on a wii that won't read or have issues on the gamecube in my experience. Same applies to wii games for the wiiu.

Thinking about buying my first 3DS ever to check out Animal Crossing and Pokemon before they come to the Switch. The best deal really seems like the Samus or Zelda N3DSXL for $130.

Anyone guy a buy 2 get 1 on used laying around they don't need?

Can I get a trade in deal towards the Switch?  

EA Access is coming to PS4 so it's another feather taken out of Microsoft's cap.   

Thinking about buying my first 3DS ever to check out Animal Crossing and Pokemon before they come to the Switch. The best deal really seems like the Samus or Zelda N3DSXL for $130.
I don't have a coupon, but thought I would mention gs has Pokemon games on sale right now. Sun/moon are 14.99, that'd be a fine place to start.

Confirmed that works; I guess $8 SuMo's acceptable, don't want to play the crapshoot in-store markdown game anymore. Now one mediocre pokemon game richer.

...And 3 mediocre CIB vita titles richer; Code: realize, Hakuoki, and 7'scarlet. Last one even with the bonus cards which obviously justifies the entire money sink investment.

E;
This too. They had a decent-ish Megaman Rush plush there I considered for a bit, among other half-decent things.
Hi. I tried to look up the megaman rush plush with no luck. U have any link to it?

I did see the rush 8 bit pillows

E;
Hi. I tried to look up the megaman rush plush with no luck. U have any link to it?

E;

I would go with the Hyrule Edition as it is nearly assured to have dual IPS screens.

Does anyone know how is the 70% calculated with Days Gone since it is a guaranteed $30 TIV?
The 50% bonus and Guaranteed $30 TIV are separate promos that don't stack. Only the 10%/20% Pro/Elite bonus stacks with those promos. With the 50% bonus, that would be based on the current $25 base value, so you would get $25 + $12.50 + $2.50/$5 (Pro/Elite) = $40/$42.50. You would get $25 + $5 + $2.50/$5 = $32.50/$35 with the Guaranteed $30 promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back