2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh. Kill me now lol
From my experience, they almost never give any advance heads-up about the rotating 4 (or 3 or 2) for xx sales that they keep doing, so it's a matter of just crossing your fingers and hoping that it shows up week after week. 4/10 would seem to be next on the docket for whenever they crossover again, but realistically, it could be anything.

Hi. Do they test the move controller? The battery is dead. Would they hit with a fee and how much?
Let us know where you are located / trading at, I dont want to end up buying a pre-owned move controller and end up with yours.

Edit: It wouldn't matter if someone buys that online since there is no way to tell which store ends up shipping your product. :wall:

Most employees don't care to check the move controllers beyond clicking the buttons.
Confirmed, I've traded in multiple Move controllers in the past and they just check the buttons and the overall physical condition. Most stores only check newer controllers on the tester such as 360/PS3/PS4/XB1.

Do any GameStop’s still carry ds game cases? Or they trash them all?
It depends who is working. I seen manager keep the cases when getting traded in if they know what's going for.

Anyway, anyone know if u place a item on hold online, they decline it even if u know that they have it?

I called as i was entering the hold online. The guy said he has it, a minute later he says oh, its on hold already for someone else .

Once someone place a hold online, doesnt it remove from the website stock checker?

Count me in as one of those that aren't getting points for their trade-ins. No issues getting points for purchase the following couple of days.

Count me in as one of those that aren't getting points for their trade-ins. No issues getting points for purchase the following couple of days.
I decided I'm going to buy something every time I trade in. Even if it's a $5 PSN code. Hopefully that makes it all work out with points.

So it doesn’t clarify but will the $50 GC with Xbox console purchase only count towards new ones?

Downgrading my X to a 2TB Gears of War S when I need the space more than the graphics , and profiting $100 , would be hard to pass up.

B2G1 50% off preowned does that make it 2 $54.99 games for $65.99 + tax? Theres a couple switch games I would pick up for that price.
Maybe I missed something, but this might be the dumbest question I've ever seen.

You're asking if you're walking out of the store with 2 $55 games + whatever third game for 65$ + tax? Absolutely not. That is well over $100.

If you messed up typing and put a 2 instead of a one, since the deal for pro day is B1G1 50% off, then it's still wrong. As would be at least $75 + tax.

I think he meant to type B1G1 50% off because two $54.99 games with that deal is $65.99 before tax if you have Elite. 

And that actually is a good deal...almost exactly the same as B2G1. 

Maybe I missed something, but this might be the dumbest question I've ever seen.

You're asking if you're walking out of the store with 2 $55 games + whatever third game for 65$ + tax? Absolutely not. That is well over $100.

If you messed up typing and put a 2 instead of a one, since the deal for pro day is B1G1 50% off, then it's still wrong. As would be at least $75 + tax.
Pure comedy.

Even then it's still not a good deal in general. For switch I guess its alright since the games apparently never go on sale, but for the two main consoles its terrible.

What's sad is that it actually would be a somewhat decent deal if they correctly dropped pre-owned prices down comparing to the new counterparts. But even then, for being 3-4 months old, games like Metro Exodus and RE2 should absolutely not be selling for $40 base off-sale, so them being "on sale" at 40 is just a joke.

Side Note: Why dont they ever drop the prices on used games for pro day? All it makes them do is lose out on tons of sales.

Well it looks like if you were willing to spend the $100 plus tax difference you can now trade an older Xbox One X for $300 and renew your warranty by getting the $400 Fallout 76 bundle. That is if the Fallout 76 bundles still have the $100 price drop on Saturday.

So I saw there is Buy 2 + preowned for 25% off. Anyone tried the buy 1.99 > game + newer game to work? seeing if I can get the 25% + 20% elite as there is only like 1 game I want.

Even then it's still not a good deal in general. For switch I guess its alright since the games apparently never go on sale, but for the two main consoles its terrible.

What's sad is that it actually would be a somewhat decent deal if they correctly dropped pre-owned prices down comparing to the new counterparts. But even then, for being 3-4 months old, games like Metro Exodus and RE2 should absolutely not be selling for $40 base off-sale, so them being "on sale" at 40 is just a joke.

Side Note: Why dont they ever drop the prices on used games for pro day? All it makes them do is lose out on tons of sales.
"two main consoles"

I own and enjoy all 3, but the Switch has been outselling both PS4 and XB1 for months now. This is a deal for many games still. They would drop the prices if they weren't selling at that price. I see people go in and pay stupid prices all the time.

So I saw there is Buy 2 + preowned for 25% off. Anyone tried the buy 1.99 > game + newer game to work? seeing if I can get the 25% + 20% elite as there is only like 1 game I want.
No idea where you saw that. It definitely isn't in the ad.

It's too bad the mobile app sucks so bad, especially for stock. Looked up World War Z pre owned to find it suprisingly in stock at my local store. Wanted to double check online.... anddddddd nope there isn't one. Never trust the app.

It's too bad the mobile app sucks so bad, especially for stock. Looked up World War Z pre owned to find it suprisingly in stock at my local store. Wanted to double check online.... anddddddd nope there isn't one. Never trust the app.
Maybe in store?

Don’t you get an additional 10% off on top of the Elite since it’s pro day itself.

It's in the weekly ad, "25% off 2+ pre-owned games with the purchase of any system".

They easily have the worst customer service. Called to get my points, they say they cannot because they stopped. Told them that it shows on their site that you get points for trade-ins. Their response is to forward it to the IT department to have that removed from the site.

They easily have the worst customer service. Called to get my points, they say they cannot because they stopped. Told them that it shows on their site that you get points for trade-ins. Their response is to forward it to the IT department to have that removed from the site.
same here, theyve been told by upper management that it was stopped last year. i got lucky last week to get my points.

For every good choice GameStop makes, they seem to make 2 or 3 bad ones. I feel even more validated every time I take advantage of a deal that's effectively screwing them.

So additional 10% off used games for elite pro members? So I can use my buy2g1 coupon and get 3 Switch games for the price of $78 aproximately. Is that correct?

Can someone with Elite add 4 retro games to their cart and let me know if one becomes free?

I sign in with my pro account, the buy 3 get 1 free kicks in. 

I sign in with my elite account, no discount but the 20%. 

Wondering if it's something on my end or did they actually lock Elite out of the sale.

Can someone with Elite add 4 retro games to their cart and let me know if one becomes free?

I sign in with my pro account, the buy 3 get 1 free kicks in.

I sign in with my elite account, no discount but the 20%.

Wondering if it's something on my end or did they actually lock Elite out of the sale.
I did not get one free.

I think I know the answer but I'm trying to be an optimist - I know you can't use credit on Amazon gift cards, but what about the $120 Prime cards? My renewal is coming up and I wouldn't mind getting that taken care of

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back