2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried to get Dynasty Warriors 9 and Tales of Zestiria for the 2 for $20 today, but for some reason they're still $19.99 in store instead of the $13.99 on the app. Or maybe the person working was an idiot, we'll see.

Tried to get Dynasty Warriors 9 and Tales of Zestiria for the 2 for $20 today, but for some reason they're still $19.99 in store instead of the $13.99 on the app. Or maybe the person working was an idiot, we'll see.
Did you have them ring it up anyway? GS price tags can be wrong (and often are)

they changed those 2 and a couple more to “online only.” Hate when they do that.

I traded in 365 worth of product and bought a new ps4 pro (400), and haven't received any points.
How many points is all this worth?
I am trying to see if its worth following up on

I traded in 365 worth of product and bought a new ps4 pro (400), and haven't received any points.
Pro: (365 + 400) x 20 = 15300 pts = $15.30
Elite Pro: (365 + 400) x 30 = 22950 pts = $22.95

I think it would be worth it. You can just contact them through this link: https://gamestop.egain.net/system/web/custom/Email_Form.jsp

It might take a few emails back and forth but it's better than calling I think. Worked for me last week.

It is another smart move on their part... Now they will stick a 5-day window of opportunity on these coupons that will force all of those irregular customers to come in to store and spend it. Then those folks will buy collectible garbage while they are there. They will lose business from CAG-types, but we don't make them any money anyway.

Wait so that’s for new members going forward? Whoever is grandfathered in old plan will still save on preowned?
I'm guessing KongaKing is in a beta group to see how much more money they get from that specific pool of customers before they decide if they are going to go full steam with this plan.

It is another smart move on their part... Now they will stick a 5-day window of opportunity on these coupons that will force all of those irregular customers to come in to store and spend it. Then those folks will buy collectible garbage while they are there. They will lose business from CAG-types, but we don't make them any money anyway.
Honestly I think we bring them more business than they realize, I know a lot of us trade stuff in instead of selling it on ebay. Especially with things you get from yard sales or whatever where you don't want to bother selling on ebay.

I'm going to be way more inclined to use ebay to sell things if I'm not getting a good deal from their used stuff. Especially since it's already a gamble getting anything retro from their site.

Just got an email for pro members they are getting rid of 10% off Games/accessories and replacing it with a $5 reward cert every month
I came running to say this haha. So like every physical game store wants to stop getting any money and 'services' like game pass are the way to go. Looking like all digital is coming for real and it's better than the alternative. It'll be AAA's each with their own services and indies will have to form together just to get anything. Oh gawd. Yikes I'm going full on disaster mode lol

I'm guessing we are going to see coupons no longer being allowed on digital store gift card purchases very very soon...

Most of us only shopped once every two to three months during big promos and sales, where extra 10% never stacked anyway, so now those big promos are where we get our normal 10% back again. This allows GS to use 10%, 20% off more often as a promo for anyone regardless of membership to get in the door. Exploits and things like Red Box trades will still matter. Don’t delete your GS account just yet LOL.

Most of us only shopped once every two to three months during big promos and sales, where extra 10% never stacked anyway, so now those big promos are where we get our normal 10% back again. This allows GS to use 10%, 20% off more often as a promo for anyone regardless of membership to get in the door. Exploits and things like Red Box trades will still matter. Don’t delete your GS account just yet LOL.
Yes, as long as they don't mess with the elite trade bonus I'm good. They have been very smart about things lately. It would not surprise me if they lower the prices of preowned to 15% off new prices.

The 10% always stacked with whatever sale they had on the used games. That was what was so great about it: stacking it with the B2G1 or B1G1 50% (like on Saturday)

People kept saying that when BBY cans GCU, the game deals will be back. That really hasn't been true.

They’re losing money fast. You can see on their reddit page that employees didn't get their promised compensation packages and are very mad about it. This PUR change is basically another way to force customers to buy collectibles or lose the coupon (based on past surveys sent to PUR members), while at the same time making memberships less useful to consumers.

Ah I was thinking the others held pretty well especially for ports/remakes, well the current gen ones at least.
As far as I am aware every atelier title since ayesha always hits 20 or less. I bought most of them because of that. Stopped after they didn't include english voice work anymore though but I was tempted when 2 of the mysterious titles were sub 20 a few days ago on amazon. Already jumped back up unsurprisingly. The newer ones are likely taking longer though since they lost alot of sales when they went to sub only I imagine.

Honestly if they double it to $10 for Elite and let me just grab a $10 eShop card every month I will take it haha
In about six months, there will only be a relative handful of people with Elite remaining. I doubt they are going to maintain a second tier for those of us that loaded up.

Yeah, there is no way in hell they're letting people keep elite for 5+ years. Hopefully they keep the bonus through at least one more big promo so everyone can cash out any games they've been hording. According to Twitter they're also raising the pro price to $20 a year, so it's almost worthless now imo.

As mentioned in previous posts.

960x300_Memorial_Rewards_Cash.jpg
This seems like a great deal. Gonna buy some switch games then use the rewards cash on 6/28 for Mario Maker 2 for my kids.

This seems like a great deal. Gonna buy some switch games then use the rewards cash on 6/28 for Mario Maker 2 for my kids.
You will probably only have a few days to spend the rewards cash. Probably only until the end of next week, and you can’t spend certificates on preorders.

If you want it digital, you can buy an eShop gift card with the certificate and buy it when it comes out.

Yeah, there is no way in hell they're letting people keep elite for 5+ years. Hopefully they keep the bonus through at least one more big promo so everyone can cash out any games they've been hording. According to Twitter they're also raising the pro price to $20 a year, so it's almost worthless now imo.
Better kiss points from trading good bye too, even Pro won't have that anymore

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

You will probably only have a few days to spend the rewards cash. Probably only until the end of next week, and you can’t spend certificates on preorders.

If you want it digital, you can buy an eShop gift card with the certificate and buy it when it comes out.
The picture says "rewards cash will be redeemable from 5/28 until 6/29"

By reward cash do you mean redemptions like a $20 reward certificate?

Are those going away too?

As someone who doesn't shop at Gamestop often, and who hardly buys above $25 used games, the $5 monthly sounds pretty good to me since the 10% wasn't making a huge difference anymore.  Really depends on whether used game prices remain relatively the same.

This somewhat validates my theory from earlier that when the trade in points disappeared it was because someone threw the switch on a change over early so to speak. They have been using the new "Points on every dollar you spend" in several places lately.

With trade credit? Not any time soon. With the certs/coupons? More likely, which would kill much of their value to me.
Same here. That, no points on trades, no % discount, higher cost, less rewards that are harder to use... I'm having a hard time seeing the point in shopping at GS.anymore if this goes live. Exact opposite move from epic rewards quest and elite pro. I hate being all doom and gloom but damn.

I'm glad my Elite expired yesterday. Probably not going to go back to Pro at this rate. Between the possible change in the program to the used games not matching sale prices of new games most of the time to the inconsistent trade promos, it's just not worth at this point. I'll probably cash out my Rewards points sometime this week to get a Steam card to prepare for the Summer sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back