2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
this new program sucks but im probably still gonna have it when my elite runs out because the b2g1 will pay for it
I guess if you were to keep the games, but really, GS runs B2G1s often enough that I feel like a B2G1 coupon isn't worth $20 unless one is flipping. And it will probably be harder to do that since pre-owned prices are essentially going up without the pro/elite bonuses. And the $5 off monthly coupon is extra evil since it won't stack with B2G1s or 4 for $10/$20 sales or any special sale like that.

Mortal Kombat is guaranteed $30 tiv for pro members. How much is that for elite pro members?
It's the $30 plus 20% of whatever the standard trade-in value is on the website for mortal Kombat 11. So if it's, let's say, $24, then you'd get $34.80 total. (24*0.2)+30

I have a feeling we are going to be seeing a lot more B1G1 50% off sales and other traditional promotions that are not tied to membership.

Didn't the new CEO say that there will be tiered memberships in his plan? I'm guessing there will be another level above this new one. It would not surprise me if they tied it into their whole expansion into eSports somehow. 

As mentioned in previous posts.

960x300_Memorial_Rewards_Cash.jpg
Will this apply to amounts before or after pro/elite discounts?

This might actually make Pro worth getting for me. I don't regularly buy used games at Gamestop; or anything, really. But every once in a while they do have a game I'm interested in at a good sale price. And lately it's only been new copies that go on those sale. Pre-owned promotions don't work on new games, but these certificates would.

It's $20 or less sales that draw me in, so the certificate would basically be a 25% or more coupon for me. I can see how this change sucks for regulars, but the limited way I shop at Gamestop this seems interesting.

But, I do wonder if it will cause me to buy things I normally wouldn't care about. That is probably the goal of the change. I'm guessing in a year I'll use the certificates on three or four games I have a strong interest in. The other eight months I would just pick up anything that looks decent that costs $5.00 or less.

Wow, it will basically be like subscribing to a crappy loot crate service. "This month I get a... an Overwatch key chain. This month I get an... Overwatch mug."

the point is its going to cause me to buy LESS games at gamestop and of those few games the percentage of them being pre-owned will be SMALLER

i dont really see why this is good for business unless theyre convinced none of their customers will actually use the membership yet pay for it anyway

I would think the majority of their customers don't have a paid membership.
I hear so many people get convinced to sign up for a membership at the PoS. "If you pay $15 for our membership, you'll save $X on this transaction, get a coupon emailed to you for B2G1, and 10% off on all future games for the next year."

And quite frankly, most of them probably forget to even use it again or change their phone number.

I got my 2 switch games from the buy one get one 50% sale, ordered Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Super Mario Odyssey. Got 2 nice original cases that look almost new but the Mario kart case had Mario Odyssey in it too. My kids really wanted Mario Kart, what are my options? Can I return to a store that has Mario kart?

I got my 2 switch games from the buy one get one 50% sale, ordered Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Super Mario Odyssey. Got 2 nice original cases that look almost new but the Mario kart case had Mario Odyssey in it too. My kids really wanted Mario Kart, what are my options? Can I return to a store that has Mario kart?
Yeah, just bring it to a store that has Mario Kart in stock and they should be able to swap it out no problem (bring your receipt or packing slip with you).

Do customers get Power Up Rewards points for purchases made with gift cards?  I bought $25 worth of Nintendo eShop and Xbox Live gift cards with a $25 GameStop gift card yesterday, and I haven't seen the points post yet.  Thanks to anyone who can answer this question.

Do customers get Power Up Rewards points for purchases made with gift cards? I bought $25 worth of Nintendo eShop and Xbox Live gift cards with a $25 GameStop gift card yesterday, and I haven't seen the points post yet. Thanks to anyone who can answer this question.
Yes. Points can take a few days to post. Sometimes as long as 3 days.

Damn. I'm done with GS. They're going under. The changes to the pro plans are fucking stupid. I have trade credit that I want to spend but I'm 800 points short of getting a $10 off online purchase coupon. I want to use cag16 that's why I want the online coupon.

When does that summer trade 6 games get 50% credit usually happen?
I don’t remember them doing it last year...I remember everyone on here waiting for it and it never happened.

Summer 2017 is when it was poppin made out with so much n so many games lol there was a buy 2 get 1 at the same time as a stealth bump at the same time as a trade in 6 games.

My elite pro runs till July 1st. Hopefully they do the 50% thing then so I can bust out a ton of credit one last time as it rides off into the sunset. Good times. Highly doubt I’ll renew to pro. If not 50% I’d settle for scac.

I don’t remember them doing it last year...I remember everyone on here waiting for it and it never happened.

Summer 2017 is when it was poppin made out with so much n so many games lol there was a buy 2 get 1 at the same time as a stealth bump at the same time as a trade in 6 games.

If this goes through, unless it's $5 cheaper than Amazon, I'm probably not bothering with games from them anymore. The 10% off used games has been main part of the program for nearly 20 years and now they want to get rid of it. Besides the B2G1 coupon when you renew, the discount was the only thing worth it.

Couldn't give a crap about the Game Informer magazine, as the magazine puts most of the stuff in it online before people get the newest issue. Wonder when that will be on the chopping block when Gamestop is looking to cut more costs?

So unless it's something other than "mwtmay19", there's still no bump list yet, which is...concerning.
Yeah, it's making me wonder if they're getting rid of the monthly most wanted TIV bump.

Nothing will ever top that summer weekend in 2015. $72 for Pikmin 3. $56 for Fire Emblem Awakening. What a time to have been alive.

I prefer the $5 reward certs over the 10% discount on used games, but it's really not enough to get me to renew Pro again next year. The most valuable aspect of being a Pro member to me is getting the points to use towards certs. Nothing will ever be as good as GCU was and while I don't think Gamestop could afford a 20% discount on new games, I believe they could offer something like a 10% discount to Pro Members on new and used games along with a monthly $5 cert.

Currently trying to use my B2G1 coupon from renewing Pro before it expires. Found a used copy of Days Gone at one store and now I just need to find a copy of Rage 2 and something else to take advantage of the coupon. 

From what one of the managers in my area told me, under the new program every game would just be 10% cheaper whether you had a membership or not, but I talked to a couple others and they said they hadn't heard that.  Considering that would've been a thing for corporate to put in their promotions for the new program, I'm guessing the 10% for all wasn't true.  My entire district is testing the program so I guess I'll see in a few weeks.  

From what one of the managers in my area told me, under the new program every game would just be 10% cheaper whether you had a membership or not, but I talked to a couple others and they said they hadn't heard that. Considering that would've been a thing for corporate to put in their promotions for the new program, I'm guessing the 10% for all wasn't true. My entire district is testing the program so I guess I'll see in a few weeks.
yeah, sounds the BS best buy feeds us, "when we get rid of GCU, all the prices will be lower"

Also fun to note that the Gamestop reddit has banned any talk about the new program. So even the employees there can't vent about how in the world they are supposed to sell the Pro card now without the discounts.
A Note about Test Programs
renderTimingPixel.png

As there are always multiple tests running all the time, all over the country we do not allow posts about them until they are on a company-wide rollout. Many things change from test to test, area to area, and the tests are used to determine what works best for both the guest and the company.

By discussing what is in one test that may be completely different from another test it can lead to confusion from all parties involved and leads to a spread of misinformation.

In the end, things change all the time, that's what happens, adapt and change. Once a rollout of any program happens, feel free to discuss.

This the internet people should be able to talk about what they want

Everyone hates it that’s why they don’t want them to post about it to stop backlash.

Gamestop will go under soon enough. Sucks lots of people will lose there jobs. But the writing is on the wall for them. Used games were their bread and butter and that's dieing with the rise of digetal sales.

Lol banning freedom of speech on the internet should be fun. They know how hard the backlash will be they shouldnt even attempt this program.

2ds New Super Mario Bros 2 edition (or any 2ds I think) with choice of free game $79.99 at gamestop. Exp 5/26. I'd be all over it if I didn't already have a sealed one along with the Zelda 2ds sealed. Loving the switch in handheld mode though so no time for anything else but PS4 and retro gaming.

Nothing will ever top that summer weekend in 2015. $72 for Pikmin 3. $56 for Fire Emblem Awakening. What a time to have been alive.
I'll agree that was a good weekend, but 4th of July weekend in 2017 absolutely destroyed that. We made more trade-in credit that weekend than most GameStop employees make in a month.

I'll agree that was a good weekend, but 4th of July weekend in 2017 absolutely destroyed that. We made more trade-in credit that weekend than most GameStop employees make in a month.
Also the crazy iPad trade in values way before all of that. Think that was the best one for me personally.

gamestops website advertises 30 guaranteed tiv for days gone til 5/26 but tiv is only 24 so which amount should i expect to get?

Cleaned up like a bandit on the Pro day B1G50%off to clear out my trade credit from last month. Got complete in box games for Xbox 360 and ps4 for hard to find games.

Yes, good things can still come from GS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back