2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Gamestop website shows $25 extra credit on console trades. Is the $25 already added into the trade value when I look it up or would it be added on top of those values? For example, i've got a launch Xbox One that trades for $75 so would I actually get $100?
Yes, you would get $100. GS has never quoted TIVs with bonuses added on already.

In the past hasn't it been $5 for like one game? Not all of the games? I'm not averse to going in and trading individual games one at a time lol.

Thinking of getting rid of games that have had generally crap TIV's like rare replay and titanfall 2
I just called to confirm. It’s $5 per game. Not $5 for one game or transaction. This is great- I can dump games I have been holding on to for a while that I never got to play. About 50 games will be traded in today. This will free up time for awesome games I actually want to play. Away with ye backlog!!

Update: stopped at 4 gamestops today and traded in a total of 76 games!! This was a great promo to get rid of older games with low tiv. Also picked up some Switch games and collectibles for my kids. And picked up a few games for myself with the $100 promo including dark souls trilogy, MK 11, and days gone.

Has anyone received their $10 or $25 rewards cash for buying $50 or $100 in used games yet? Just wondering when those get sent out. I made a purchase on Friday for over $100 but haven’t received anything in my active offers yet.

I just called to confirm. It’s $5 per game. Not $5 for one game or transaction. This is great- I can dump games I have been holding on to for a while that I never got to play. About 50 games will be traded in today. This will free up time for awesome games I actually want to play. Away with ye backlog!!
Hot damn! Time to trim down my collection of games I'm either done with, have a digital copy of, or will never play.

Can confirm that the $5 bonus works on multiple games per transaction. Traded 11 games on a single receipt and they all qualified. No overrides needed by the manager.

I hate when the TIV for PS4 and Xbone versions differ, so close to breaking even on some flips I bought from Best Buy.

Dumped Dead Rising 3 & 4 and used that to pay for a Steelbook Edition of Yakuza Kiwami. Only had to pay tax out of pocket on that. May go back later as there are a couple fighting games I'd like to get rid of before the TIV tank on them.

Anyone try bc titles with Xbox one box?
They scan as 360 games, so they won't work for the deal.

Loving this promo now.  Went back to dump some games from their 4 for $20 sales, making back the money I paid for them and renewing my PUR pro membership for free with it too.

Also, can confirm that BC games in XB1 cases are ringing up as 360 games.  As that's what the Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition in one of those cases rang up as.

Got a feeling that TIVs will drop tomorrow.  As the only reason I can think they didn't today is because it's a holiday.

LOL same here.. Dollar General? I have a few at $2 I just want to get rid of before they fall below that I just dont feel like going today
Got mine from Walmart they have good sales sometimes for instore pickup. Plus I’m trying to beat it before trading heard the campaign isn’t too long

Very possible given the $5 bonus isn't even on the site yet. RAGE 2 trade-in bump getting removed was the only alteration.
its not on the trade center, but it is on the website down on the front page, along with the 20% towards mario maker 2 and crash team racing and the extra $25 for console trade ins.

I can’t tell what I enjoy most, the trade $$$ or the relief of getting rid of a giant stack of games I will never ever play.

do u have to be a pro or elite member to get the extra $5 trade in?
You do not need to be a PowerUpRewards member. You will be missing out on a 10% boost, buy 2 get 1 free coupon, 10% off b-day coupon, points and magazine subscription, though. So if you do have a lot of games to trade-in and do not mind buying pre-owned titles sometime in the future, the advantage of a pro membership can be worthwhile. They can directly sign you up on the same trade transaction with all the benefits and have the membership cost subtracted from the trade credit total.

I can’t tell what I enjoy most, the trade $$$ or the relief of getting rid of a giant stack of games I will never ever play.
Agreed, I just had to go through my backlog and think "am I really ever going to play that?" Just dumped a bunch of games that I never got a chance to play, but it needs to be done.

Traded in 6 XB1 games. Some for more than I paid originally. My plan is digital only except for Nintendo. Is it a jerk move to only trade the discs, keeping the case and inserts? If they gave me more with them...

I got like 20 games to dump on Tuesday, I'm going to pissed if shit like Titanfall 2 drop under $2.

I see Techno Mancer is $1.75 before edge bump, sucks because I don't need this game anymore.

There was a 75% off clearance sale at my Gamestop today. I got two Overwatch Nendoroids for $10 each and a Metroid puzzle for $2.50. =)

Just traded 15 old Xbone games. Mostly stuff that went GwG or is on GamePass. I think the highest value without the $5 bonus was a little over $5. Most were barely over $2. Worked out to about $8 each. Got a whole $124. Probably about $45 less than I paid for all 15 games but I did actually play most of them at some point so I guess not too bad. Certainly helped clean out my entertainment center.
Easily the most games I’ve traded since Flipapalooza.

Brought in 13 PS4/One games that traded in for $2-$3 a piece, the manager made a remark about the titles being very random and repeatedly shuffled through them like he was looking for doubles or an excuse to deny the trade. Then he asked why the were all getting a $5 bump and I told him that PS4/One/NSW games $2 or more get the $5 bonus, and he says "ahh so that's why you're abusing the return policy." Super uncomfortable, I didn't know how to respond without escalating things and encouraging him to Jr. Detective my account, so I just stood there and smiled. I'm just butthurt because these are games I bought last year, and implying I knew they would hold their values and line up with a $5 bonus is hilarious and ridiculous.

Thanks for reading.

"ahh so that's why you're abusing the return policy."
Hah this guy deserves his retail job. You did the correct thing at least. I guess you could avoid trading in the cases if they had preowned GS stickers all over them.

I also just unloaded 16 discs at $2 tiv ($7.20) apiece. Most of them came from the time 4/20 stacked with elite online for around $3/game.

GJ gamestop, first time in a long time i've considered it worthwhile to come in and trade. That said, it's very possible much of this was an oversight and many of the $2 games will get dropped to $1.50 as the week progresses.

Then he asked why the were all getting a $5 bump and I told him that PS4/One/NSW games $2 or more get the $5 bonus, and he says "ahh so that's why you're abusing the return policy."
What a rude thing of him to say. I was worried my store wouldn't know about the promo, but they had an enormous window sticker promoting it. My guy was shocked I got $7 for Destiny 2. 😂

Brought in 13 PS4/One games that traded in for $2-$3 a piece, the manager made a remark about the titles being very random and repeatedly shuffled through them like he was looking for doubles or an excuse to deny the trade. Then he asked why the were all getting a $5 bump and I told him that PS4/One/NSW games $2 or more get the $5 bonus, and he says "ahh so that's why you're abusing the return policy." Super uncomfortable, I didn't know how to respond without escalating things and encouraging him to Jr. Detective my account, so I just stood there and smiled. I'm just butthurt because these are games I bought last year, and implying I knew they would hold their values and line up with a $5 bonus is hilarious and ridiculous.

Thanks for reading.
I’m confused as to how he jumped to abusing return policy when this is a trade. Do you constantly do return/rebuys there or something? I’m not sure why he would care either way, numbers are numbers. He seems like an ass that you should demolish in a receipt survey.

I also just unloaded 16 discs at $2 tiv ($7.20) apiece. Most of them came from the time 4/20 stacked with elite online for around $3/game.
Well done, I used to be able to plan ahead like this and be ready for promos. Sadly haven't been able to devote as much time, so I end up just going though my backlog, haha.

For the "spend $100, get $25" promo (https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/collection/gamestop-sale/MemorialDay19/images/960x300_Memorial_Rewards_Cash.jpg), I hope clearance collectables qualify because I went out to a far store that was doing a 75% off clearance collectables for a bunch of board games.

I’m confused as to how he jumped to abusing return policy when this is a trade. Do you constantly do return/rebuys there or something? I’m not sure why he would care either way, numbers are numbers. He seems like an ass that you should demolish in a receipt survey.
Nope, I think he just confused his wording and meant to say trade policy. I forgot to mention that he was friendly until he pulled up my account, and saw that I saved $3,000 in the past year. His demeanor changed instantly, which is dumb because that metric has always been ridiculously off.

What a rude thing of him to say. I was worried my store wouldn't know about the promo, but they had an enormous window sticker promoting it. My guy was shocked I got $7 for Destiny 2.
When I was trading in my games, my manager mentioned to me that she should trade in her $2 games too so she could take advantage. :lol:

The $5 off an online item coupon didn't work. I should have used my points for an in store coupon instead. Is there any way to refund the points?

When I was trading in my games, my manager mentioned to me that she should trade in her $2 games too so she could take advantage. :lol:
The employees at my old home store told me how they'd stock up on $.99 games in anticipation of the trade 6 and get 50% bonus promos, so going to a store with a grumpy ass manager was a bit of a shock

The $5 off an online item coupon didn't work. I should have used my points for an in store coupon instead. Is there any way to refund the points?
Call support tomorrow and they should refund them

I made 3 trade transactions yesterday. Most games traded were from 4/$20 (Uncharted games for PS4) and past clearances at Target/Walmart such as Wolfenstein New Order for XB1 that sold for $1 and received $7.20 in credit with PUR Pro. You might still find it at some Walmarts as many still had price tag of $20 or whatever, but it was $1.

Also, I received points for all transactions including a transaction for a purchase. I spent over $50 on collectibles, so I expect to receive $10 bonus, but nothing yet. I expect it will take up to a couple days to show up.

There ain’t even anything worth trading in. What games are y’all trading in
traded some WWE 2k16

tenor.gif

Nope, I think he just confused his wording and meant to say trade policy. I forgot to mention that he was friendly until he pulled up my account, and saw that I saved $3,000 in the past year. His demeanor changed instantly, which is dumb because that metric has always been ridiculously off.
I hate when an employee assumes doing research on trade-in values is the same as abusing the entire program. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back