2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I spent $51 before tax on Monday and haven't got my $10 yet...but my transaction included a return/rebuy that took $5 off at the end. It's like I have 2 totals on my receipt. I should have done the return in a separate transaction.

I made a $50+ collectible purchase on Monday and my $10 cert is now in my Active Offers as of this morning. For those still waiting, the fine print did say within 72 hours of transaction.

Although I messed up by getting the wrong game as part of my $100 spend, haha. I got FIFA 19 for the Switch and today it went on sale on the eShop. I guess I’ll just straight trade it in (on the SB list, so Friday?), because if I try doing an exchange for a similar priced game, it’ll probably mess up my $25 bonus I’m waiting for. Terrible decision on my part to get a sports game, but I couldn’t find anything on the shelf to get.
Just got my $25 certificate under Active Offers for this promo. But again, I guess if I exchange my copy of FIFA 19, it'll invalidate the bonus I received. Am I right in understanding that?

I spent $51 before tax on Monday and haven't got my $10 yet...but my transaction included a return/rebuy that took $5 off at the end. It's like I have 2 totals on my receipt. I should have done the return in a separate transaction.
I bought ~$55 of used games before tax and discounts Sunday night and I haven't received anything yet. I assumed since I was eligible for free shipping that I was good, but I guess I will wait a bit longer.

Wrong. I can confirm the bonus applies to EACH game! I'll take a picture of my receipt in a bit.

I don't know if I'm just an idiot or if CAG's method of uploading images is an absolute bear...either way I can't seem to get the picture of my receipt up. But yeah, I got the $5 bonus on each game I traded in. Traded Witcher III (xbox 1, basic edition), Call of Duty AW: Legacy (xbox 1) and Halo 5 guardians and got $25 ($15 of which was bonus from promo).

If you return an unopened new game within 30 days does it need the receipt or can the GS look it up via the PUR Pro member #?

Wrong. I can confirm the bonus applies to EACH game! I'll take a picture of my receipt in a bit.

I don't know if I'm just an idiot or if CAG's method of uploading images is an absolute bear...either way I can't seem to get the picture of my receipt up. But yeah, I got the $5 bonus on each game I traded in. Traded Witcher III (xbox 1, basic edition), Call of Duty AW: Legacy (xbox 1) and Halo 5 guardians and got $25 ($15 of which was bonus from promo).

fuck man...people are so quick to come barging in and be like WRONG. CAG in particular.
You're right, I could've phrased that better. Didn't mean to be a dick about it, just excited that this is actually a pretty good deal if you work it right.

I got the $5 bonus on each game I traded in. Traded Witcher III (xbox 1, basic edition), Call of Duty AW: Legacy (xbox 1) and Halo 5 guardians and got $25 ($15 of which was bonus from promo).
even with the $5 bonus, the amount you got for Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Legacy Edition is a crime. I kept mine.

Noticed that the $25 certificate from the promotion doesn't have any particular restrictions, so I assume that if I used it for a used item, the certificate applies before the 20% applies, like normal PUR certificates do.

Brought in 13 PS4/One games that traded in for $2-$3 a piece, the manager made a remark about the titles being very random and repeatedly shuffled through them like he was looking for doubles or an excuse to deny the trade. Then he asked why the were all getting a $5 bump and I told him that PS4/One/NSW games $2 or more get the $5 bonus, and he says "ahh so that's why you're abusing the return policy." Super uncomfortable, I didn't know how to respond without escalating things and encouraging him to Jr. Detective my account, so I just stood there and smiled. I'm just butthurt because these are games I bought last year, and implying I knew they would hold their values and line up with a $5 bonus is hilarious and ridiculous.

Thanks for reading.
You can email/or fill out the survey on the receipt. I always take a couple of minutes to fill them out after a friend who works in retail said those things are actually important (advancement, wage increases, etc). Most of the time I fill those out it’s for the employee to hopefully get recognition for a positive transaction. Only once have done it to leave negative feedback. And your interaction may not even raise to the level for you to feel the need for feedback but it is a tool consumer have to leave feedback (whether positive or negative).

If you return an unopened new game within 30 days does it need the receipt or can the GS look it up via the PUR Pro member #?
Update...not sure if I got a nice clerk or what but GS returned it since it showed in the computers as one of my last 5 transactions.

I had bought the PS4 Borderlands Handsome Collection about 30 days ago for $14.99 new (using trade credit). Lost (or more likely tossed) the receipt but didn't open the game (amazingly it was still shrink-wrapped). They took it back anyways and gave me cash refund.

Wut.

Glad I didn't "lose" $4-5 in money since I was likely going to trade it in since it will be free (PS+) in a week.

Went back today to use a B2G1 coupon with the games I got monday.  Jeez, the store's back counter was filled with Xbox One and PS4 games.  Employee said they had someone bring in 35 PS4 games for the $5 promo this morning.  But thanks to that guy, I got Dark Rose Valkyrie for free with the coupon.

Makes me wonder how long this will go until they tank the TIV for the $2 games.  From what I've seen, they're getting swamped with games they have trouble selling at $10-$15.

If it makes anyone feel better. I did a bunch of trades Monday morning. Then used over $50 credit before I left. Nothing in my active offers yet. I did get my trade points the day after.

Question. Should the $5 bonus and the 20% towards a pre-order stack along with Elite?

For example:

Lets Go Pikachu - Base trade price $25 

Elite Bonus - $5

Switch Game bonus - $5

20% if trade towards Mario Maker - $5

Total = $40

It did not come up that way. The 20% towards Mario Maker did not come up in the POS. Only came up as $35.

Question. Should the $5 bonus and the 20% towards a pre-order stack along with Elite?

For example:

Lets Go Pikachu - Base trade price $25
Elite Bonus - $5
Switch Game bonus - $5
20% if trade towards Mario Maker - $5
Total = $40

It did not come up that way. The 20% towards Mario Maker did not come up in the POS. Only came up as $35.
No

No the Mario Maker promo doesn't work with the $5. The only thing that stacks with the $5 is the PUR boost. But you got a better deal with the extra $5 anyway.

Would it be best to trade in my resident evil 4 hd and no mans sky on Friday then cuz of stealth bump and the $5 extra
Yeah, you'll get the stealth bump + $5 on top of it. So just wait a couple more days.

I received PUR points today for trading my games in yesterday. The "no points for trades" is not everywhere yet. I have Elite and live in Texas.

So I had a transaction  5/27 with a subtotal of ~$97, then I went to another store and did a return/rebuy because they had the 3rd game I wanted. This transaction had a subtotal of $101. I only received a $10 Rewards certificate. When I called they said they only saw a transaction for $4, which was the difference between the two transactions. I called and spoke to customer service and they said they would make a "one time exception" and deposited 15k rewards points into my account. Wasn't 100% smooth, but got my certs regardless.

So I had a transaction 5/27 with a subtotal of ~$97, then I went to another store and did a return/rebuy because they had the 3rd game I wanted. This transaction had a subtotal of $101. I only received a $10 Rewards certificate. When I called they said they only saw a transaction for $4, which was the difference between the two transactions. I called and spoke to customer service and they said they would make a "one time exception" and deposited 15k rewards points into my account. Wasn't 100% smooth, but got my certs regardless.
Same. Did $110 in two transactions, only got $10.

It’s soul crushing to come back to this thread after months and not know what anyone is talking about lol. Feel like I’m missing out but also too lazy to read the last few pages.

well decided to bail on the Borderlands 3 CE but I don't have a cancel option on my order, is it best to just call them versus hoping they even read their email?

So I had a transaction 5/27 with a subtotal of ~$97, then I went to another store and did a return/rebuy because they had the 3rd game I wanted. This transaction had a subtotal of $101. I only received a $10 Rewards certificate. When I called they said they only saw a transaction for $4, which was the difference between the two transactions. I called and spoke to customer service and they said they would make a "one time exception" and deposited 15k rewards points into my account. Wasn't 100% smooth, but got my certs regardless.
as stated by a gamestop employee earlier today in this thread, it looks like they are only rewarding one transaction per day (i would estimate this was only stated internally and customers were never notified). in this case, only your first transaction counted for the rewards promo. since it was below $100, your reward=$10. congrats.

Hey, could someone please help me? I was considering trading in my wired Power A Switch Controller:

https://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/accessories/nintendo-switch-wired-controller-plus-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/150970

I tried to find the TIV but I am a bit confused. I'm assuming it's the cheaper TIV though.

Nintendo Switch Game Pad Controller - Any Used

or does it fall under

Switch Pro Controller (Other) Used
It would considered under "Switch Pro Controller (Other) Used" that is giving $8, as it's wired. If you look up the reviews for the other one that they're selling the PowerA Enhanced Wireless Nintendo themed controllers under that.

So these would be the ones considered for that "Nintendo Switch Game Pad Controller - Any Used": https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-powera+enhanced+wireless,28zu0

Well, my purchase was 114 and I only get $10 reward. What number do I call? Update.  call it in and i get my missing 15000 point without issue.  

Hey, could someone please help me? I was considering trading in my wired Power A Switch Controller:

https://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/accessories/nintendo-switch-wired-controller-plus-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/150970

I tried to find the TIV but I am a bit confused. I'm assuming it's the cheaper TIV though.

Nintendo Switch Game Pad Controller - Any Used

or does it fall under

Switch Pro Controller (Other) Used
Sometimes, It can all depend on the person ringing in the transaction.

It would considered under "Switch Pro Controller (Other) Used" that is giving $8, as it's wired. If you look up the reviews for the other one that they're selling the PowerA Enhanced Wireless Nintendo themed controllers under that.

So these would be the ones considered for that "Nintendo Switch Game Pad Controller - Any Used": https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-powera+enhanced+wireless,28zu0
Your controller is the the cheaper TIV one

The higher trade in is for the $49.99 power A controllers

This is off-topic but can you use Reward Certificates to purchase Steam Wallet Cards? Was thinking of stocking up for the upcoming Steam Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back