2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
4 for $10 good flips back to GS (with the extra $5 trade-in):

Homefront (PS4)

Killzone (PS4)

Evolve (PS4)
Did you get the $2 base TIVs? People below your post are reporting that app/online values are not matching in store for other games.

I know people haven't been getting points for trade ins, but I traded some stuff yesterday and got my points in today. I'm elite pro and in Chicago, IL.

That does worry me. What happens when I bring in Homefront and instead of the 7 promo price they say it's now 1.50? Gamestop trying to keep losing what little goodwill they have left.
Then you say you thought it would be more, walk out, and return them from where you got them.

I know people haven't been getting points for trade ins, but I traded some stuff yesterday and got my points in today. I'm elite pro and in Chicago, IL.
Thanks for the updates. Here is the update for points trade ins.

CA - No

OR - No

Phoenix, AZ - No

Sterling Heights,MI - No

--------------------------------------------------

AZ - Yes

IL - Yes

TX - Yes

PA - Yes

FL - Yes

MO - Yes

NY - Yes

KS - Yes

MI - Yes?

VA - Yes

MN - Yes

MT - Yes

AL - Yes

I wasn't able to trade Forza for $26 either. I can confirm the $5 bonus applied. So it looks like GS is updating trade values daily now? Smart.
doubtful, though it has happened before, its more likely just values being updated in the store systems but the app and website not keeping up. They used to update trade values with the new ad on Wednesdays, this is probably just them changing with the ad change but not everyone being on the same page.

doubtful, though it has happened before, its more likely just values being updated in the store systems but the app and website not keeping up. They used to update trade values with the new ad on Wednesdays, this is probably just them changing with the ad change but not everyone being on the same page.
Its actually been a problem since at least Friday. Ive never seen a discrepancy like this last more than a day

Forza Horizon 4 also a good BB to GS flip if you still have GCU. ($16 game trades for $26.60 with Elite Pro.)
This is a good find. But cags beware - I just did this and it was only ringing up $14 base instore. The first store gave me a BS line about how the app value included the $5 bonus. Second store adjusted it properly, so a good survey's going their way.

So is a fourth game to go with Killzone, Evolve, and Homefront that’s both eligible for the 4 for $10 and the $5 bonus?

So is a fourth game to go with Killzone, Evolve, and Homefront that’s both eligible for the 4 for $10 and the $5 bonus?
I could not find one (checked all $4.99 values), so you would have to buy 2 copies of one of those games to make up the 4 games.

CA - No
OR - No
AZ - Yes
IL - Yes
TX - Yes
PA - Yes
FL - Yes
MO - Yes
NY - Yes
KS - Yes
MI - Yes?
VA here and got trade in points with Elite Pro this past Wednesday

I gotta say , im glad i traded in Destiny 2 for xb1 the other day when I saw its going free-to-play. Its showing as 03¢ if you trade in today. I got 7.20 with the bonus.

CA - No
OR - No
AZ - Yes
IL - Yes
TX - Yes
PA - Yes
FL - Yes
MO - Yes
NY - Yes
KS - Yes
MI - Yes?
VA - Yes
Points for trade-in in MN at a few locations around the Twin Cities is working.

FIFA 19 (XB1)  base is $8 in store despite showing $13 on the app and on the site. Sucks, but I didn't really want to fight it as I had to wait a while there do to their computer freezing up and had to reboot them.

CA - No

OR - No

AZ - Yes

IL - Yes

TX - Yes

PA - Yes

FL - Yes

MO - Yes

NY - Yes

KS - Yes

MI - Yes?

VA - Yes
Sadly, I'm from Texas (elite pro) and DID NOT get my trade-in points on June 3. Is it possible that it's a glitchy system, rather than a systemic policy alteration?

Sadly, I'm from Texas (elite pro) and DID NOT get my trade-in points on June 3. Is it possible that it's a glitchy system, rather than a systemic policy alteration?
Where in TX? I am still getting points in Austin,TX.

Hmm can't check out on gamestop.com was going to pre-order the gears 5 ce, but none of my cards would go through lol? and now I can't even get to the payment page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back