2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm can't check out on gamestop.com was going to pre-order the gears 5 ce, but none of my cards would go through lol? and now I can't even get to the payment page.
same thing happened to me last night. I was trying to use store credit to purchase the chrome Antman Pop for my Marvel collection and it never would allow me to use my credit so I just bought it with cash. I made my display last night and realized that somehow I just didn't get Antman so now I have them all

Thanks for the updates. Here is the update for points trade ins.

CA - No

OR - No

Phoenix, AZ - No

Sterling Heights,MI - No

--------------------------------------------------

AZ - Yes

IL - Yes

TX - Yes

PA - Yes

FL - Yes

MO - Yes

NY - Yes

KS - Yes

MI - Yes?

VA - Yes

MN - Yes

MT - Yes

AL - Yes
This breakdown of policy change over is most likely district-based and not per state so this process is likely going to lead to much misinformation and confusion.

ok cuz u asked someone where in MI and then later u asked someone where in TX didnt know if u lived in both places or not
I asked them because one person said they got points and another person said they didn't and both of them were from MI.

This breakdown of policy change over is most likely district-based and not per state so this process is likely going to lead to much misinformation and confusion.
Yep, just started to notice that now. Thanks to everyone who provided info.

Didn't even catch it until now.  After GS's stock nosedived Friday, they quietly laid off Thinkgeek's marketing and website staff.  Also said that the Thinkgeek brand is going to be folded into Gamestop eventually.

Also anyone else getting their points late?  Purchased some games on wednesday and the points didn't get applied until this morning.  Just weird.  Also didn't notice until today that the employee didn't apply the GPG sticker to one of the games.  I should be fine with just the receipt if something happens, right?

Trade credit on the app/website is screwed up for so many games. I hope they get it sorted out. The app is showing more credit than what you actually get in the store.

Im in the e valley and took 4 days to get my points
I haven't been getting points in at least the Paradise Valley store, the only reason I'm sure is because I called support this week and she looked into it for me. I don't think I've been getting them at the 7th and Bell store either.

Didn't even catch it until now. After GS's stock nosedived Friday, they quietly laid off Thinkgeek's marketing and website staff. Also said that the Thinkgeek brand is going to be folded into Gamestop eventually.

Also anyone else getting their points late? Purchased some games on wednesday and the points didn't get applied until this morning. Just weird. Also didn't notice until today that the employee didn't apply the GPG sticker to one of the games. I should be fine with just the receipt if something happens, right?
They briefly mentioned about the thinkgeek stuff in the quarterly earnings call. Not layoffs specifically, but that there was duplication of resources between thinkgeek and gamestop with collectibles division. It likely wasn't directly related to the stock tanking, but was in the works already.

Here's an excerpt from the transcript:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4268327-gamestop-corp-gme-ceo-george-sherman-q1-2019-results-earnings-call-transcript

"We’re also announcing today we were continuing to reorganize our ThinkGeek business. We're further streamline that business by transitioning the thinkgeek.com platform within our GameStop omni-channel experience. We've very successful collectibles business and need to harness the power of the team and the investment made in that team going forward."

"Our collectibles business delivered strong results to support our belief that it will continue to be an important part of our business going forward. Sales increased 10.5% for the quarter. However, excluding thinkgeek.com, category sales growth for the collectibles would have increased 16% in the quarter. Thinkgeek.com has been streamlined to leverage our GameStop omni-channel platform and the team. Gross margins for the collectibles business increased 50% basis points to 32.7%."

"We currently have redundant teams and redundant web properties. So, there is the separate thinkgeek.com platform, as well as all the GameStop omni-channel capabilities. What we’ll do with ThinkGeek is produce a redirect, so we’ll be leveraging off the GameStop platform to still have a presence for ThinkGeek and still have that brand at least initially, while we consolidate the backend operations. There's redundancy between collectibles and ThinkGeek that we can run more efficiently."

They briefly mentioned about the thinkgeek stuff in the quarterly earnings call. Not layoffs specifically, but that there was duplication of resources between thinkgeek and gamestop with collectibles division. It likely wasn't directly related to the stock tanking, but was in the works already.

Here's an excerpt from the transcript:
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4268327-gamestop-corp-gme-ceo-george-sherman-q1-2019-results-earnings-call-transcript

"We’re also announcing today we were continuing to reorganize our ThinkGeek business. We're further streamline that business by transitioning the thinkgeek.com platform within our GameStop omni-channel experience. We've very successful collectibles business and need to harness the power of the team and the investment made in that team going forward."

"Our collectibles business delivered strong results to support our belief that it will continue to be an important part of our business going forward. Sales increased 10.5% for the quarter. However, excluding thinkgeek.com, category sales growth for the collectibles would have increased 16% in the quarter. Thinkgeek.com has been streamlined to leverage our GameStop omni-channel platform and the team. Gross margins for the collectibles business increased 50% basis points to 32.7%."

"We currently have redundant teams and redundant web properties. So, there is the separate thinkgeek.com platform, as well as all the GameStop omni-channel capabilities. What we’ll do with ThinkGeek is produce a redirect, so we’ll be leveraging off the GameStop platform to still have a presence for ThinkGeek and still have that brand at least initially, while we consolidate the backend operations. There's redundancy between collectibles and ThinkGeek that we can run more efficiently."
This ia full of so many B-school buzzwords. Just missing synergy.

If anyone is interested, supposedly they just leaked/revealed the FF7 remake date as March 3 2020. Still waiting for a collectors edition announcement myself.
I'm trying not to think about how linear this game is going to be... it is going to be painful.

If anyone is interested, supposedly they just leaked/revealed the FF7 remake date as March 3 2020. Still waiting for a collectors edition announcement myself.
No mention of releases in parts but that's what I'm expecting. Not a fan of that Telltale approach.

Optimistically, it's not going to be a Telltale approach so much as they're going to have to divide the game into several due to the sheer scope of the original compared to today's production values and the resolution with which they plan on going through the game this time.

I think it's more accurate to imagine a Mass Effect triology style of game.

I'm betting square makes you keep the first installment, especially if the disc will run on the ps5 and you have to buy the rest of the game as DLC installments.

Optimistically, it's not going to be a Telltale approach so much as they're going to have to divide the game into several due to the sheer scope of the original compared to today's production values and the resolution with which they plan on going through the game this time.

I think it's more accurate to imagine a Mass Effect triology style of game.
Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy.

I would wait until at least tuesday afternoon, after Nintendo's E3 conference, just in case they announce any new switch models.
I plan on waiting til 6/17 and trading in, as that's plenty of time after the e3 event and still gives me until 6/24 to see if Nintendo feels like pulling a fast one and announcing it after the fact (I've read stories of Nintendo stating they don't plan on releasing a console revision, i.e. the 3ds something or other, then do so like 2 weeks later).

Me "Sorry, I think that trade in value is wrong. It's XX.XX on the app right now"

Employee at store yesterday "Ok, I'll adjust it. I always take care of my customers"
Employee at next store "Ok, I'll change it no problem."
Employee at 3rd store "I'm sorry, but the system doesn't allow us to make changes on the trade in values. See, I'll even try (pretends to push a few buttons...)...yeah, it won't let us."
Any reason why they wouldn't take them in as the trade value seems to be $2 on the site/mobile

Went today to dump more games before the $5 promo ends and grab some more PS4 games on sale. Didn't know until I got home that Uncharted: the Nathan Drake Collection is missing the multiplayer for Uncharted 2 & 3, only has the single player modes.

Also be prepared to be asked if you want to pre-order any games announced at E3. The employees at the one I went to were asking during each transaction.

All traded at $7 each for me yesterday afternoon.
Still holding at $2 base.

One of them was the Forza 4 trade, which the guy was cool about (I gave him a good survey). But the other ones were a couple of the 1.00 value games that I used as the 4th game in that 4/10 deal. So it was no big loss if I didn't get it. Just funny how things change from store to store.

On that note, trade values still seem wrong on the app today. TLOU remastered still showing 5 for example.

So you were wrong and you got lucky. Instead of the narrative that Gamestop is full of idiot employees? Might want to make that clear. It would make your story suck though.

Me "Sorry, I think that trade in value is wrong. It's XX.XX on the app right now"

Employee at store yesterday "Ok, I'll adjust it. I always take care of my customers"
Employee at next store "Ok, I'll change it no problem."
Employee at 3rd store "I'm sorry, but the system doesn't allow us to make changes on the trade in values. See, I'll even try (pretends to push a few buttons...)...yeah, it won't let us."
Classic! It hurts not being able to tell them the last 2 stores did it, without blowing your cover.

I really want to go ham on this today and get trade banned, but I'm worried there may be a better promo during the 4th of Juky weekend.

I plan on waiting til 6/17 and trading in, as that's plenty of time after the e3 event and still gives me until 6/24 to see if Nintendo feels like pulling a fast one and announcing it after the fact (I've read stories of Nintendo stating they don't plan on releasing a console revision, i.e. the 3ds something or other, then do so like 2 weeks later).
Doesn't the promo end on the 15th?

Couldn't you get it on the 15th and have up to 30 days (like anyone has that discipline) to return it if you don't open it?

Doesn't the promo end on the 15th?
Couldn't you get it on the 15th and have up to 30 days (like anyone has that discipline) to return it if you don't open it?
You are right on both accounts. I only looked at the ad and "Days of Play June 7th - 17th" and didn't look at the trade page or see the note on the ad itself that says "Offers Valid June 9 - 15 Unless Noted Otherwise". Also forgot new purchased can be returned within 30 days.

So yeah, double fail on my part. Thanks for the heads up though.

Kind of annoyed at GS. Missed out on Trails of Cold Steel 2 for PS4, so bought two copies used on their website. Got Trails of Cold Steel 1 instead.... Guess it's back to the store for a return. Has anyone had a similar situation? I imagine if I brought it up to CS they would just want me to ship them back for a refund, since they don't seem to have the game in stock.

Has anyone had a similar situation? I imagine if I brought it up to CS they would just want me to ship them back for a refund, since they don't seem to have the game in stock.
I was suspicious about the 10+ preowned CS2 copies that appeared in-stock on the website shortly after the release date. But I ordered one anyway. For science. And because my preordered copy at the local store was crushed - which I refused to purchase.

I also received a disc-only CS1 from my online order. What I think happened is that all of the preowned CS1 discs in inventory somehow were labeled under the newly release CS2 title. I rarely have the patience to call their CS line. I took it in to a local store and they refunded me. Said they were going to ship the incorrect disc back to the warehouse. Works for me.

Ahhhh takes me back to high school.... fourteen years ago.... when it was announced with trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back